Deb's (solar) - Babysteps to Big Changes

Deb, That trip sounded wonderful! I love CBR, I was sort of hoping to stay there or CSR this trip but could only upgrade to POR. And I am very excited, I just love the tropical theming of CBR!

Did you like Shutters? We loved our meal there a few years ago, it was a trip highlight.

Good job getting back to running. Its probably pretty normal to feel a bit like "done" after a big race like that.

Glad you are home! Can I move to Celebration or Hilton Head with you????

I got my 8 mile run in...2 more weeks until my next 1/2. I relearned a hydration lesson this week. I know this, but I always think - "I'll be fine."...DOH...but what you drink PRIOR to/and AFTER a run is as important as what you have during it.....

Anyway, my weight is holding steady- and until this next 1/2 is over, I'll probably be maintaining. I just need more calories with these longer runs. I made good choices food wise though, and felt great during my run. It was after the run I dealt with the poor hydration - chills, shakes, nausea, etc...

After the 1/2 in April, my training runs will only be to maintain my endurance, and I'll only be doing long runs 1x every other week about. Otherwise, I won't build up my mileage again until closer to my next half.

I'm looking at something like 3,4,5 one week and 4, 8 the next...so i'll have a bi-weekly plan. Sticking at about 12 miles a week - and no excuse for extra calories...need to get back to a pattern of losing. With the training, it's been important for me to increase my carbs to more than I've been used to for the last few months....thought i've been careful - nothing fried, nothing like french fries, and watching my snacking, etc...I have on and off days, but most are on days so I'm feeling okay.

Last DR's appt i lost 4 pounds of fat, and gained 5 pounds of muscle, so while i went up a pound on the scale, it was a good pound. It's weird but a reality...and my body burns a lot more calories with the extra lean muscle i've build during the last few months. My scale hasn't moved a bunch lately, but my body continues to change - due to the increase in lean muscle and loss of fat.

Amy, as many times as I've been to CBR, I've not eaten at Shutters...the menu doesn't appeal to me, and I'm in love with the turkey BLT at the food court - so I usually get that.

I got my 8 mile run in...2 more weeks until my next 1/2.

Congrats on the 8 miles and good luck on your next 1/2!

Last DR's appt i lost 4 pounds of fat, and gained 5 pounds of muscle, so while i went up a pound on the scale, it was a good pound.

Wow is all I can say!

Deb, I love your attiude about your weight. How you fuel your body when you are working this hard is very important. The weight will catch up when this race is over.

Shutters like all WDW places has a limited menu. I eat prime rib about once a year and their smoked version was wonderful.

I am proud of how hard you are working both physically and mentally!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

WOW Deb!, you have got it together, Great Training, Great Eating and a GREAT GREAT Attitude!!!

We stayed in CBR in the end of Sep 09. LOVE IT, We did not eat at Shutters but the day we checked in, we did get the Turkey Sandwich, YUMMY!!!!!!
And one night we eat the Turkey dinner and that was good to. OH I want to go back to WDW!! *sigh* 2012 is our next trip

Thank you for the support, as always

My eating has been all over the board the last week...my hormones aren't helping, but let's be honest -- it's me making choices each and every time to say..blah, tired of this -- or I just want it...or just a little bit.

WELL, my belly has been feeling bloated and yucky and I finally said ENOUGH, it comes down to me making better choices one meal/one day at a time...I know this, it's not like a big secret, but i have to follow through...sooo, the last 2 days or so i've been finally getting back to a pattern that feels better and my body is thanking me all ready

As for running, just trying to get my miles in....generally doing well there, but last night had a crappy run, but it is what it is...sometimes you have a good one, sometimes you don't...my next half marathon is a week away, so i'm just keeping on trying to pick up some miles...last night's run i stopped mid-way because i didn't want a blow to my confidence...i'll put miles in tonight to make up for last night's crappy run...think i'll feel better inside having a good run this close to the half..

Way to go getting back on track! An inspiration as always!

Good luck with your run today!

Happy Easter to you and your family, Deb!:hug:

Great job getting back on track!:thumbsup2

Hope yesterday's run went well for you!:goodvibes

Hi Deb! Making good food choices can be tough - great job getting back on track! How are you feeling about your upcoming 1/2 marathon? Do you feel ahead of the game since you competed in the Princess 1/2 marathon recently?

Deb, its not feasible to do well with food each and every day. We all have slip ups. But your recent one was short and you are getting back on track! That is what matters most, the days following unwise food choices. Keep up the good work!

And good luck with your runs, I like your attitude on that: good days, bad days!

half marathon this weekend...will write more after the weekend

have clammed up a bit here while going through some emotions on food/running (long runs), etc...i've blogged out some of it - worked through some of it with my husband, and just dealt. the last few weeks have helped me learn what i need vs. what i want....and what i can do vs. what i still need help with

good stuff...just hard to work through it when you don't want to at the moment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter