****December 2020 Thread****

I was initially upset that I missed out on this when I got up this morning (I was like an hour late), buuuut now I'm glad I missed out :O What a MESS. I hope there's some sort of system reset they can do that can give people who changed their ADRs back what they had and just cancel the rest...
Right?!! I was so excited but now I'm hoping I can at least have my old ADR times back. A complete mess!

I know, I cancelled a bunch to change to the new times :( Knowing Disney I know not be shocked if we lose both the old/new ones :(

ADR Glitch! :sad2:

I cancelled an ADR to get another one on Christmas Day. We no longer wanted or needed to eat @ DS with the extended park hours @ MK. I hope I do not lose it. Christmas Day would be hard to replace. I haven't received any emails regarding the ADR. However, I did receive the email asking me to confirm my stay for Christmas week. :santa:

Just saw on DFB that reservations made Tues am during the “glitch” are going to be automatically cancelled ....but when I called yesterday I was told I just needed confirmation number. Just hoping I don’t lose everything since I mostly just changed times for ADRs I had already. Only made 2 new ADRs...meanwhile they are still showing up on MDE

Just saw on DFB that reservations made Tues am during the “glitch” are going to be automatically cancelled ....but when I called yesterday I was told I just needed confirmation number. Just hoping I don’t lose everything since I mostly just changed times for ADRs I had already. Only made 2 new ADRs...meanwhile they are still showing up on MDE

I saw that too. Also in a few FB groups PP have reported that ADRs had actually been cancelled. OP also posted that they received a call form Disney offering $25 due to the ADR being cancelled. Another had ADRs tonight and tomorrow, so waiting to see what they post. I had to cancel an ADR to schedule the new one, this is our Christmas dinner ADR. I did this around 4:45am CST not knowing about the glitch until that night.

just set up those reservation finders on TP and mouse dining, I've picked up a few the last day or two, i assume as people move plans around post-glitch. All the ones I booked on glitch day disappeared but the others stuck. I even picked up a Via Napoli and an Oga's today, will see if those stick!

Just lost reservations except one I hadn’t tried to change. Called and told CM I had only chged times of my beaches n cream by 15 min!!! She said “sorry“...

just set up those reservation finders on TP and mouse dining, I've picked up a few the last day or two, i assume as people move plans around post-glitch. All the ones I booked on glitch day disappeared but the others stuck. I even picked up a Via Napoli and an Oga's today, will see if those stick!
Yep that is what I have done! There are only a few that I am bummed for losing and hopeful maybe reservation finder can find me a couple of those!

I added two and modified two that day. Just got my gift cards for all four. I was able to replace all but Hollywood and Vine. ( replaced VN, LTT, Beaches and Cream ) just not at ideal times. Will keep searching as it gets closer .

Well, it's starting to look like I will be down there in December, but not on property.

Very disappointed with loss of ADRs especially since we are staying at CSR with very limited Options for dining. Have been unable so far to replace any of our lost ADRs and have spent hours attempting to do so. One of the ADRs was for my Mom’s birthday.🙁

Anyone else trying to find reservations for Epcot for New Year's Eve? I just find it weird that there are literally NONE. I was part of the whole IT glitch this past week, so I'm trying to replace what was lost. I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's movement, but with it being NYE.....I'm hoping for a miracle!

Anyone else trying to find reservations for Epcot for New Year's Eve? I just find it weird that there are literally NONE. I was part of the whole IT glitch this past week, so I'm trying to replace what was lost. I'm keeping my fingers crossed there's movement, but with it being NYE.....I'm hoping for a miracle!
Yep I found one for lunch at San Angel Inn for lunch. I had booked Via during the glitch but if course that got cancelled! I'm preparing for a VERY crowded Epcot that day!

Yep I found one for lunch at San Angel Inn for lunch. I had booked Via during the glitch but if course that got cancelled! I'm preparing for a VERY crowded Epcot that day!
I don't think it will be as crowded as anticipated. The Disney park crowd cap, as well as how many people they're fitting into the dining locations, is still at less than half capacity. That won't be changing any time soon. I'm guessing March/April at the earliest.

The glitch was most likely the system failing to read the restrictions and seeing all the actual seats being left open.

Last edited:
Christmas week (I will be there) has become a free-for-all with the glitch. I had an ok reservation for Christmas Eve which I traded for a better one during the glitch, which of course I lost, so had to go back and was able to get Jungle Skippers. Now the airline has changed my flight and probably will miss that, so I was have to get House of Blues at 7:15PM. I will be staying at Poly and I am thinking now I just might get take-away at Captain Cooks. Christmas I was able to get the Wave and I am keeping that one.

Anyone get a survey on what they'd feel comfortable with for Epcot and NYE? Two other threads elsewhere here mentioned people getting a survey on this. I did not get one, but find it interesting that they might be looking into doing something or putting together something last minute????? Fingers crossed!!!!

I ended up losing 2 ADRs to the "Glitch of 2020" that I already had but amended them by 5 minutes, and I did receive 2 $25 gift cards. I was able to log back in and get one of them back - it was a 7:30am Trattorio for our HS day, and I lost a 5:55pm LTT on our MK day, but I was able to get LTT for lunch on our first MK day, and then through Mouse Dining was able to get a Skipper Canteen for dinner at 6:20 - which is actually a better time for us.

I was SUPER bummed about losing the original ones but OK with how it turned out.

On the other hand, I feel super sorry for the folks going over Christmas/New Years and totally re-did their whole plan and now it's gone....

30 days from TODAY we arrive!!

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

@klmcleod - where did you get the survey? Just emailed you out of the blue??? I'd love a good survey but we're not there over those holiday so maybe they don't care what I think??!!

HA!

I received the cancellation email and $25 GC on Saturday. It took 2 days of calling to finally speak to a CM. Very disappointed in how this was handled, even though I do understand the occupancy for social distancing. I lost my Boathouse trying to get California Grill after receiving notification from TP. Wanted something close to MK with the extended hours (released after 60D). I had all of my ADRs for 12/17-12/26. So losing Christmas dinner was not cool. On the bright side, I had do have a BoG for Christmas dinner. Luckily that was my only change - CG.
Wishing for Pixie Dust for those that lost ADRs! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter