****December 2020 Thread****

I didn't get the survey, just read two other threads where people got the survey. Found that interesting that they might be interested in putting something together last minute.

Dang it, I have a “just in case” park pass for NYE at MK, but sounds like I should have done Epcot instead??

Officially paid off our trip and we are GOING! So excited.

I've never been in December before. What type of weather should I expect? It looks like the average is around 70. I can't figure out if that's jeans or shorts weather!

I've never been in December before. What type of weather should I expect? It looks like the average is around 70. I can't figure out if that's jeans or shorts weather!
Both. Seriously, pack everything because in December the weather can change from a very warm 80s to cold 50s overnight. Layers are your friend.

Try to monitor weather up to a week before arriving and based on that package. I have gone many times in December and the weather always is crazy. From 85 degrees one day to 40 next day. Normally we package layers of cloth.

Both. Seriously, pack everything because in December the weather can change from a very warm 80s to cold 50s overnight. Layers are your friend.
This is also my suggestion. I don’t know how similar mid November is since this is my first December trip, but Nov. 2018 (if I remember correctly) it looked to be in the low 80s and ended up in the mid 90s what seemed like overnight. That same week in 2019 we thought we were going to see mild 70s and it was very cold and had a real feel feel in the high 40s at one point in Animal Kingdom. It changed constantly leading up to the trip and I ended up having to buy winter accessories in the parks.

I’m excited for my first December trip! It’s pretty last minute so all of the HS reservations were booked by the time I got online to book them. Hopefully something opens up closer to the trip. I’m excited for all of the holiday stuff in the parks!

This is also my suggestion. I don’t know how similar mid November is since this is my first December trip, but Nov. 2018 (if I remember correctly) it looked to be in the low 80s and ended up in the mid 90s what seemed like overnight. That same week in 2019 we thought we were going to see mild 70s and it was very cold and had a real feel feel in the high 40s at one point in Animal Kingdom. It changed constantly leading up to the trip and I ended up having to buy winter accessories in the parks.

I’m excited for my first December trip! It’s pretty last minute so all of the HS reservations were booked by the time I got online to book them. Hopefully something opens up closer to the trip. I’m excited for all of the holiday stuff in the parks!

Yup. I had one early December trip during which day one, coming off the plane was too hot. Later on in the week I took my family over to Universal. Day started off nice in the 70s, but as the sun set and a mist set in I found myself held up in the store up at the front of the park unable to bear the cold outside. Florida cold is a very special type that chills down to the bones (humidity?) whereas up north the same temperature may feel mild.

My advise is always pack at least 2 pairs of pants which are easy to wash and at least one windbreaker the breeze cannot penetrate. Also, while sandals are fine for the pool, they really aren't a thing in December. We need proper warm footwear, and those cutesy lined crocs won't do much if they get wet.

Also, pack a few small umbrellas with bungee cord wrist straps. Totes usually has some decent ones for a good price in Walmart.

HI! I'm so excited to go December 25-January 2 to WDW. My 5 year old has never been; plus we are celebrating my parents' 50th anniversary. We were supposed to have gone in May; but..well, you know. Anyway, besides buttons, is there any kind of celebration that we can do special for my parents? I added the anniversary to our dining reservations already.
I'm so excited to try the food booths in Epcot; plus we got all of the dining we wanted for the week.

ugh - while watching the news last night DH mentioned that maybe we should push our December trip b/c cases are rising....ugh!

DH and I just went in Oct and he stated that Disney was doing a great job, but I think he's worried about flying even though we have N95 masks to wear and we're on direct flight both ways and I told him we didnt need to eat or drink on the flights!

He wouldn't want to drive so flying is our only option.

This trip is our DS's HS graduation trip that was rescheduled from June and if we push it I have 10 days to squeeze in a 6 night trip from when he gets out for his last exam and he goes off to his summer job as a camp counselor...

I think we'll be fine - just got to keep DH away from the news!

:rotfl2:

Joining here as we added a night and 2 park days before going to Universal for work! We'll only be there Dec. 6th at BWI, going to Epcot on the 6th and MK on the 7th then Uni for 2 nights. We're going for Thanksgiving but won't be in Epcot after the Festival of the Holidays starts so excited to get to go on the 6th! Love this festival and happy they're still doing it 🎄

I believe they opened up more dining availability for MK the week after Christmas! I just got BOG , and the Plaza!

Yes I started getting a ton of alerts for CRT between 6-8pm right at Midnight (Central time) for the week after Xmas. I see they opened up lots of others too. I finally had to shut off my alerts so I could sleep lol.

They must be increasing capacity or it’s another glitch

No they're finally adding ADRs for the extended hours. Prior to this, for example, CRT only had ADRs until 6pm. Last week I noticed they extended the times in the drop down until 8pm, but there were no ADRs available then for 6-8pm. Last night the finally released them, including other restaurants in MK such as LTT. All the times my alerts were for were the late ones.

I received an alert for Grand Floridian Cafe (12/19) yesterday. I was able to book, luckily I didn't have to cancel anything. Needed this ADR with the updated park hours. Haven't heard or seen anything about a glitch this week. :santa:

Specifically talking to those people who are out of state and have to fly or drive to the World.

Are you still going as planned? How are you feeling generally?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter