December 4,2004 !!!

we have a late flight, we are thinking of going to flea world (the worlds largest flea market) wonderworks or Ripley's has anyone been to any of those? we are DVC so I suppose we could pool hop but then you need to get changed etc.

About the documents . . .

I called DCL when I got home tonight after looking on our porch every night after work. They gave me a UPS tracking number, and told me they had been shipped on the 11th, and have been sitting in the N Canton UPS station since the 12th.

I called UPS - the last time they were scanned, according to them was on the 12th, but in Jacksonville FLA! Bottom line, UPS has lost our doc's and they are "opening up an investigation". DCL told me to call back tomorrow if there is still a problem, so I will do that first thing. They told me that they will re-send, and I am happy I called tonight.

BTW - anyone else not getting email announcements of new posts other than me? Every time I check there are new posts, but I never get an email announcement.

Let's try and pick a location during the sail-away for a get together if possible. I know for sure that we will be at the goofy pool area for the dance party as we sail away.

John

OK, I just went thru the thread & pulled these names for DISers on this cruise. If I left you off the list PLEASE post so you will be added. I will have a small door sign for you. PLMK your stateroom number so that if I don't see you at the pool or sail away on Saturday I can put it on your door.

DisneyFamilyofFour - Gloria, Joe, Nicole & Joseph - 2124
TChrist05 - Tom & Marilou - 2600
LindaBabe - Linda & Bruce - 6576
Jhalkias - John, Amy, & Sophie 4 - 7012
AnnMorin - Ann, Jay, & Michael 12 - 7120
lbgraves - Lisa, Mike, William 6, & Kaitlyn 4 - 7503
smwf71 - Shawn - 7506
natsmom125 - Phyllis, Jim, & Natalie 11 - 7620
lmschwabby - Lisa, Steve, Tyler 6, Courtney 4, & Conner 1 - 8514
flexsmom - Carol & Ed - 8522

Still need info:
EmilyIngram - Emily & DD 5 -
wdw1972 - Sue
budwmn -
MLKrue -
lsmac - Lisa &

OH NO!!!!! That stinks but I am glad that you called too! Did they happen to tell you if your dining time was changed for you?

We will be as close to the front railing as possible in front of the stage. I will post a copy of the green mickey head and we can print it off and write our DIS name on it and stick it in a plastic name tag thing so that we can ID each other at the pool &/or sail away party.

As far as packing goes, DD is done except for a pair of jeans & some socks. DS needs jeans & ls shirts. I am suppose to be packing my things now. Doesn't look like that is getting done, eh? LOL! I'll grab my things before DH goes to bed & start bagging them up while watching the Amazing Race tonight.

OK, here's the image that I got from the door sign. All you need to do is right click on the picture and save it as a file on your harddrive. You can then go in & print it out and write your DIS name on it. HTH!

hppg001.gif

Lisa,

I'm going to ask when I call DCL tomorrow about our dining and whether we got the early seating or not. Maybe they'll feel bad about losing our doc's and move us over!:teeth:

Thanks, Lisa! What is PLMK? I will print the name tag. This is so fun! My DH may think I'm crazy, but this is better than the stereo speakers he is constantly reading about online! We went to Target and got the family Christmas pictures done tonight - all in our matching Hanna Andersson sweaters - so cute! Of course, DH thinks it's silly but is fairly agreeable, so that's nice. I would like to address them now and then mail them right away when we get back. I am inspired by the door signs. My sister Sarah is the artist of the gang and I will try to get her right on that. I think we finally finished our Mickey Mouse gifts - we get something Disney to give to the kids each day and say it is from Mickey - lots of fun! Anyway, See you at the pool! Shawn

Please Let Me Know. :)

I swear that I am so sick of packing! It is rediculous that this takes so much time but I am really packing for 13 days. :crazy: That is what I look like after today. I have been packing since 9:30 this morning & just stopped. :earseek: DD & DS are all but done. I have pulled out the clothes that I will take and have one outfit to decide on then pull out the shoes & accessories that I will take for me and hair goodies for DD. Jeans for DS and the 3 of us will be done. I will pack a pair of swim trunks & our matching Disney shirt for DH and he is on his own for the rest. I'm not packing up clothes that don't fit or he doesn't like anymore.

HELLO FELLOW CRUISERS.....

CALLED DCL TONIGHT AND THEY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MY DOCS....SO THEY ARE GOING TO SEND THEM OVER TO THE BEACH CLUB SINCE WE ARE GOING THERE ON THE 29TH OF NOVEMBER....

WE ARE IN CABIN 2600 UNLESS DCL WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE US.......

WE HAVE BEEN LIVING IN THE MARRIOTT RESIDENCE HOTEL IN PLAINVIEW.....THEY ARE GREAT HERE AND OUR INSURANCE COMPANY HAS BEEN JUST AS GOOD....

YOU HAVE REALLY NO IDEA HOW WE NEED THIS VACATION AND CRUISE....AND FROM READING SOME OF THE POSTS IT LOOKS LIKE ALL OF US NEED IT.....

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING ALL OF YOU GUYS.....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

TOM & MARILOU

Tom & Marilou - Enjoy your stay at the Beach Club, and hopefully the documents will get there without any further problems. It's hard to believe in 2 weeks we'll be halfway through the cruise - like everyone else I'm looking forward to getting away for a week.

This morning my son (18 yr old) was robbed at gunpoint, and had just cashed his paycheck earlier in the night. He lost it all - but fortunately nobody was hurt. The robber got away on foot, so I'm not optimistic they'll ever find him. We live in a nice area, and was at the car wash with friends washing his brand new car (just picked it up that day). Just goes to show crime can happen anywhere - not just in "dangerous" areas.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. I'll be heading to WDW for 4 nights later today, planning to just relax for a bit. I'm on a business trip now & return here on business right after WDW. I won't be home until Tuesday night, which only leaves me Wed/Thurs nights to pack for the cruise since we're heading up on Friday! I must be insane to cut it so close....
Sue

Lisa - we're 7506 - Hopefully we'll have Happy Birthday, Mouse door signs since we're going for my Gma's b-day that seems to be the theme we're using on everything. Also - did you get the full size magnet sheets to put yours on? Where, if yes? Our packing is all over our living room. I am still trying to guess on how much baby food to take. I assume they'll have applesauce on board, but it's probably sweetened. I'm trying to stay a little healthy with this kid and not make the same mistake I did with DD6 who basically eats only chicken strips for protein and no veggies except corn and french fries. BAD! We quit her ballet yesterday in favor of more swim team. I'm glad, but felt bad quitting -you can't do everything, though! This board is so great, but I think I best check on the baby as I am feeling quite ready to feed her - the joys of nursing!:tongue:

Shawn

well the good news is I woke up with a cold.. much better than a depression ;)
At least I know why I have been so blah lately, off to by zicam on the way into work, I am so glad today is the last of the preschool thanksgiving feasts. It will be wonderful to sleep in tomorrow!

On those who don't have documents, I remember someone having that happen on the boards before and DCL just gave them at the terminal.

That is so scary about your son! Thank goodness he was not hurt!

we are in 7120 btw Ann Jay and Michael
anyone else have an 11-12 boy in there party?

Time's getting short! I am SO EXCITED!

Flexmom, SO GLAD to hear your good news - now you can enjoy preparing for the cruise. :bounce: Cheering, here!

Sue, Wow - too bad for your son (I've grown to know and like him through your trip reports) and thank GOODNESS he wasn't hurt. Whackos everywhere these days.

Thanks for printing the limegreen mickey head. I will surely add it to my door sign.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Shawn, trust me! What you feed your baby wont affect what they eat later on. :( DS ate everything we gave him...as long as it was babyfood. He ate all the vegies up until he was 2 1/2. After he stopped eating babyfood, he stopped eating vegies. He use to eat peach dices too, now I have to be sure that "I" take the fruit out of the apple sauce before I give it to him. ;) His diet consists of chicken nuggets/strips & beef hotdogs. The only bread that he will eat is TX toast garlic bread. Up until this summer he ate cheddar cheese cubes and yumsters yogurt...not any more. At least he started eating pepperoni pizza this year for variety. DD on the other hand, didn't like baby food at all and eats almost everything in site. I was a VERY picky eater until I was 12 or so and now eat alot more variety.

We will definantly spot your doors since you are just across the hall from us.

Ann, hope that you are feeling better soon! I wish that the kids had school here today. :( Both of them have already been in time out this morning & it isn't looking like a good day.

Sue, glad that your son is safe...that's the most important thing in the long run.

Once the dust settles around here I am going to try to take the tree out of the loft. I also need to get all of the suitcases down so that I can start loading them up.

Lisa: We have are in 2124--Joe, Gloria, Nicole & Joseph

Sue: Absolutely terrible about your son. I agree, it does not matter where you live, terrible things can happen everywhere. We live in a gated community that has 24 hours security and I never, never leave my doors unlocked or garage door open.

Ann: My nephew will be two months shy of 11 on this trip. His name is Nicholas and he will be in cabin 2122. Let me know if Michael is interested and I will have Nicholas send him an e-mail. Also, I have been in a major "funk" lately also, and just now am starting to get over it.

I finally finished our door signs (for three cabins) last night. They are not as good as Lisa's, but will do.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and happy packing--especially those of you spending time at WDW before the trip.

Single digits for me today!!!

Just read this on the live thread regarding GC. I really wish that we were not going there in 2 weeks.

GC is destroyed!!!!!!! The only thing opened are the shops.......Hardrock cafe won't open 'till Feb. The small grill we went to was sold out of almost everything.........hamburgers and "non american" hot dogs and fries were all that was left!! At 12:30!!!

This is from the 11/6 cruise.

We were on the 11/6 cruise and I'll try to explain what Lampskies means. The island is totally devastated, and outside of the downtown area, the island is still barely functional. There area a lot of shortages of items even in the downtown shops, so it can sometimes be a challenge shopping. She was recommending doing an excursion so you'll have a planned activity while onGC. It is really the only thing to do now, due to all the damage around the island.

I read that also this morning.

I also know that I have been one of the few hoping for Cayman instead of Costa Maya. Selfishly, we were (are) really looking forward to swimming with the Stingrays. I am sure it will bother my husband and I to see the Island that way because it is truly our favorite place having spent a week there once.

Which reminds me that I did not pack our snorkeling gear yet!!!

I also just went on the US Post Office website and stopped our mail. That saves me a trip to the post office--isn't the internet great!

I think that the kids will just stay in the club while we venture out to see what shopping is available. DS is especially sensative to hurricane & flooding distruction and I don't want him to be upset on his vacation. That may sound selfish but he is only 6 and would take that to heart & be upset for the rest of the trip. He has already seen too much here in NC & even on the news this past year.

Well, I am excited now that I am actually looking at our door sign!!! It is one thing to design it but the printer is a whole other story. :crazy: Once it has time to dry it will go in the folder and be put with our packing!

HEY ALL...

Only 10 days.....

Sue glad your son is safe and he was not hurt....

I can't believe everyone is already packing. I haven't done anything.

We went to ORL this weekend and I got sick with a chest cold on Sunday..don't know how that happened....but I'm taking a powerful antibiotic, vit c and ibuprofen. Our department medical director just called me and is calling me in a decongestant. I've got to shake this thing before next week. I coughed all night and have no strength to do anything. I'm sitting at work though...only us girls are here and the chief...but he's way back in the back of the building and doesn't usually bother us.

Anyway....this weekend I guess I'll start putting things together while we work on Natalie's leaf project!!!!

I haven't heard anything from my contact about pre-booking Palo
brunch ressies....so we may have to do that on board.

When and where are we going to have our meet??? Last year, I met Ann, Alex, etc. at one of the bars. We could meet at The Outlook Bar on Deck 10 at 3 or 3:30.......it would tend to be less crowded up there. Let me know......

Ann....hope you feel better......it's a bummer to be sick...

Phyllis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter