December 4,2004 !!!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

We're eating late this year with my parents coming over, so DS and I hung the lights and decorations outside.

I heard that it is warmer down south, but it was just the type of weather to get me in the mood for a cruise in Ohio - about 30 degrees, light snow that did not stick today, but the wind was something else! Alex and I are both wind burnt on our faces, and I bet the wind chill took it down close to ZERO!

But our house is now ready for the holidays - now if I could only get us packed too! Dinner in an hour - got to run.

Almost forgot, does anyone know who the current cruise director is on the Magic? My DW is a great fan of Rick's!

John

I have read that Rick (isn't he the one that was in the DCL video?) went to work on another cruise line.

Hello!

I am new to this message board today, and just made reservations for the cruise on Dec. 4 yesterday. I have never done anything like this before, and Im a little nervous.

I am a single Mother of a 5 year old little girl who is so excited, and it would really be nice to go into this thing knowing some people ahead of time.

Can anyone give me some helpful advice?

Yes, I think that is Rick. Shorter man with thin blond hair. He really did a good job on every cruise we were on . . . I won't tell Amy:teeth:

welcome aboard Emily.. what would you like help with? Most of us have cruised with Disney many times, you will have a great trip, your daughter will love it too!

Welcome Emily! There are a few other little girls on this trip. My DD was 4 9/4 and Jhalkias's DD will be 5 in February. My DS just turned 6 and will be in the club too.

I would recommend buying the PassPorter for DCL ASAP. These boards are great but there is so much info to read thru & there isn't alot of time. This book puts everything in one place AND you can take it with you. A couple pages back are our group plans for meeting up during the cruise. As long as you have both of your BCs and a suitcase full of clothes you should be fine. :)

Hi Emily - I have a DD 6 who would love to play with your daughter. We will probably have Cassidy in the clubs a lot. She has always loved them in the past. Hope all had a happy Thanksgiving! I am so full!

My sister, Sarah and I will be at the wine and cheese thing, Carol - how nice! I will prbably bring a diet coke for myself since I'm nursing - feeding the baby caffeine and nutrasweet, but no alcohol! I may bring the baby, too, if that is ok - she is six months old and oddly enough I have more "freedom" if she is along.

Wow - it's really getting close!

Shawn

Hope everyone had a great day yesterday. We got more bad news yesterday. Another immediate family member with cancer. I know we have an awful lot to be thankful for, but sometimes it is just plain hard.

It is about 6:30 a.m. and I am getting ready to hit the stores. (Tom--I am sure you will know where I am heading out to--Tanger in Riverhead). I still need to buy some clothing items for the trip.

China, crystal & silver all put away.........Joe will get out the Christmas stuff today and hopefully, our house will be all decorated by the end of the weekend!!!

Welcome Emily--there are alot of little girls in the group. My daugher just turned 6 on 9/27 and my son just turned 5 on 10/3. They are 52 weeks and 6 days apart in age.

So much to do and I have to go in the office four days next week and our flight leaves 2:00 p.m. Friday afternoon!!!

Good morning everyone!!! Only 3 more days to get ready to leave here! :eek: I'm trying to get a little more shopping done online then will clean up around here a bit. Too crazy out there to go shopping but I am making a list of last minute things to buy later today. My goal is to zip up those 2 suitcases today & convince DH that I NEED to have the decorations up before we leave.

Hello, and thanks for the welcomes!

Where do I locate the PassPorter? I bought my cruise through Orbitz, and its not that informative.

I would love to be at the wine and cheese tasting on Monday! You all seem so kind, and Im really looking forward to everything...oh, another question - Im fearing I might over pack. Would 3 suitcases seem too excessive?

Emily...WELCOME...

We are pretty good bunch, I like to think.....lol

3 suitcases just might pack my DD's shoes and jewelry!!!!!
She's a 11(12 in January) PTDQ(that's PreTeenAgeDrama Queen).

We've been on 5 cruises with DCL and 1 on that other line and we always overpack.

Lisa..unless she gets the Passporter in a store, like B & N, I don't think she's going to have time to get it. So....

I'm sending you a PM with a couple of web sites to go to with TONS of information.

Well, DD and I have to go to B&N for a book on leaves, go to Staples for a notebook, construction paper and sheet protectors...for a leaf project thats due when....right...MONDAY.
I know Wal Mart is cheaper for the paper etc...but I wouldn't get near a WM today.....Anyway, hopefully we'll both still be ALIVE
tonight...if you get my drift!!!!!!!!!!

Emily....look for your PM.

Phyllis

Gloria I am so sorry for your news :(

Mike was up coughing all night again so I guess it is back to the doctors for us.. gosh this trip seems like it just will never happen.
Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving.

Sorry that you guys still aren't feeling well, Ann. That pixie dust needs to kick in VERY soon for all of us!

Emily, are there any specific questions that you can think of? I definantly don't think that 3 suitcases would be overpacking for the 2 of you. :)

We all managed to get to WM. We drove by & the parking lot wasn't jammed so we attempted to find a spot & got pretty close. The GBAs were out of stock online...IDT they ever went into stock IMO...and I went back to electronics & asked if they happened to have another one. YES!!! They were just unpacking another box at 10:00 am!!! I got 2 of them & they will be stored for next year. :) Now I have a year to find deals on the games.

I can't believe it the doctor is closed today and that rock keeps collecting moss on the way down the hill.... well at least one week from today I will be we will be in Florida.

Three suitcases is modest I think, we bring like three a piece.. I just overpack way too much, those hefty 2.5 gallon bags help a lot to keep things compressed.

Go to www.circuitcity.com they had some great deals on gba games, also you can snag up some great deals on ebay if you wait until the last few mins.

Looks like I will be going to the doctor with DS tomorrow along with the lot of you. :( He has been coughing & says that it hurts. Usually it is allergies gone wrong and I have antibiotics that could be filled for it but he also said that his ear hurt this morning. Urgent care has a pediatrician there in the morning. It's in the same group as the kid's doctor so they help out with the kids. I don't want to take any chances of him being sick for the trip.

Are we the cursed group or what???

Lets hope that all of our troubles pre-cruise mean for a great time on the ship. No illness, calm seas and great weather.

I think we need goody bags for our group of zpaks :)
I actually asked my doctor for some as a precautionary thing, with two of us still gettin over pnuemonia but he said it was not neccessary.. :(

Gloria, Mike just got an email from your nephew and was tickled. He was like "hey how does this kid know me?" but then he asked me would Nicholas like to go to the arcade with him or hang out on the ship (god the amount of money wasted there is sickening.. he could buy a PS2 with it.....) Anyhow I think he is interested in meeting up with Nicholas.

Tom I hope all was straightened out with your documents!

I actually made some headway today, bought the dog a cute new dog bed that looks like a couch (yes it is sickening I know but I love her) finished the christmas cards and bought the 2.5 gallon zip bags. Maybe by sunday we canstart to pull clothes out. Jay is on bail hearing rotation which means no sleep and a "happy home life". But he ends on Monday.

Hmmm...this will take a bit of getting use to. :) It's cold & :umbrella: here today. DH managed to put up the decorations outside & did an amazing job on the doorway!!! The kids are napping, three suitcases are zipped up & DH has all his clothes on the living room floor so I will get those put away this afternoon. The heck with it! I might just take a nap first too!

DS isn't coughing but his poor nose is running. :( Hopefully he will feel better tomorrow morning & dry up. If I need to keep him out of school Monday & Tuesday I will do that to get him completely well. We all got strep after Thanksgiving last year but were well for the cruise. I hope that anything serious can hold off a couple more weeks. The flu was in January & DD got pneumonia. I am praying that wont happen this year.

:grouphug: and :flower1: thoughts to everyone! Happy packing!!!

Well, we finally got our documents yesterday! No one is sick here now, but I think as a precaution, we will ask the doctor for something for Sophia.

Welcome to the new folks, sounds like we have quite a group of little girls here - Sophia is excited every time I mention she has more friends to make.

Tomorrow is packing and final shopping day for us - we both have to work M-Th, leaving on Friday, so this will be our last chance to get ready. Hope I'm not too distracted by the Browns/Bengals big game :laughing:

But I am doing things in baby steps, just called the credit card company to let them know we are leaving the country. Didn't do that one year and had a whole bunch of problems in cozumel buying jewelry.
Cancelled the Fury Catamaran trip, we really want to shop in cozumel, sounds like there is not much to buy in GC this year. We will try to do a snort snorkel trip on our own there- luckally we have our own gear.
It is cold and yucky here but I was good and drained, scrubbed and filled the hot tub, at least it will be clean to come home to- it had a bunch of foam in it -don't know why, we haven't used it in weeks. Mike is going to a friends for most of the day tomorrow so I will start to get it in gear then.

Mike emailed your nephew again this evening, it seems like he is not getting Mike's replies, didn't want him to think Mike was egnoring him (infact he askes me a few times a day "did 'that kid' email me back?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter