December 4,2004 !!!

Ann: I think my nephew was spending the day in the city today. My SIL has a cousin in from out of town and they were planning on doing alot of tourist things. Also, I do not think they leave their computer on alot and it is in the guest bedroom and I do not know how much access he will have to it this weekend.

Emily: Three suitcases!!! Right now, we have five fully packed with clothes (and not small ones I might add) and one just for the beach stuff and snorkeling gear.

Christmas shopping is almost done, packing is getting there, the tree is up. I need to be done by tomorrow since I have to go into the office Monday to Thursday also this week.

Happy packing everyone!!!

DH is now packed so there are a total of 4 suitcases in the dining room!!! The tree is down on the floor of the garage now so that will go up in the morning. With DS's cold I am keeping him home from Church tomorrow. He seems to be doing better than this morning but I don't want him catching something else. I have considered keeping him home Monday & Tuesday even if he continues improving because there are always kids in his class coughing. :( That would be 10 days out instead of 8 though and he has one sick day already so there would only be 4 days to use until May. The principal did say that she wouldn't let this trip keep him from moving on to the 1st grade if he had sick days too. I'll decide tomorrow night. He is so far ahead of his class that I am not worried about him academically.

:cool1:
Hello all....we are leaving on Monday am for the Beach Club. Spoke to DCL and they are sending our docs to the hotel....just looking forward to getting down there and just relaxing.....no alarm clocks, no computers(at work), no telephone calls that must be made....just relaxing....

They started work on our house last Monday...the plumber goes in Monday and starts to work his magic.....got a disc of pictures from the fire department of the fire....they are overwhelming....kind of makes us realize how lucky we are to be alive....anyway, with everything that has happened to all who are going on this cruise...we really deserve a great one!

Would love to meet all at the wine and cheese on Monday.....maybe before on Saturday......

Everyone have a safe journey down to Florida and to the port...God bless!

Tom & Marilou
:flower1: :Pinkbounc :wave:

I will be spending my 52nd birthday next Thursday at the Magic Kingdom attending the very Merry Christmas Party.....can't wait! :wizard:

We'd love to join you for the wine/cheese gathering - as long as we can get ressies in flounder's during that time - otherwise, we might have to bring Connor (1 yr) with us. He's in that stage where he's walking and getting into anything he can get his hands on. It's hilarious and challenging at the same time. Our other kids (Tyler, 6 and Courtney, 4 1/2) are looking forward to meeting some new friends - sounds like there will be alot of them!!

See everyone real soon!
lisa and steve :cheer2:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM!!!! Hope that you can finally get some relaxation on this trip. You definantly deserve it...along with most of the rest of us.

Here's to a fantastic 2005!

Hi Emily---I found the book at the Disney store in the mall---but you should be able to find one in any major bookstore---call ahead and ask and save yourself some time and the name of the book is:
Passporter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Liine
byJennifer Watson, Dave Marx and Mickey Morgan
I have nearly worn mine out!!
Another idea that I got from the book and these boards--if you DD has any of the Disney costumes, Snow White, Cinderella, ect, bring them along as the little girls love to wear them. I am bringing my granddaughters, ages 6 & 4 and they are bringing their dresses. 3 bags are NOT too many---I think you will have a wonderful time---I know we can hardly think about anything else!! This is our DGD's 1st cruise and they can barely wait!! :Pinkbounc

Phyliss remember where I met you last year near pinochios bar at the goofy pool? I will be there again Sat. at 4:30. I can't manage the first meet too fast but will be there with family at 4:30 for anyone who wants to hook up.

Ann, is that in the back of the dance floor area? I will pop back there to meet you at some point during the dancing. The kids will be as close to the railing as possible & I told DH that I want him to tape the entire show with the characters this time so he will have a good spot up on deck 10 early on. We do have the Come on dance & the kids have been practicing so that they can dance along with Mickey. The plan is to watch the cruise video tomorrow night.

I am feeling so like I am forgetting something. :earseek: The clothes for the garment bag are the only ones not in a bag but were moved down from our bathroom to the dining room doorway. The food is on the counter to be packed & I just need to drag out the makeup. I think it has been since the last cruise since I have touched that stuff. LOL! The tree is up but nothing is on it except for the lights since it is prelit. DS's nose seems to be doing better & his coughing has just about stopped completely.

ACK!!!! We will be leaving in 1 1/2 days!!!!! :cheer2: I'm glad that we are breaking the trip up over 2 days so we will get to WDW with time to go to DTD for a bit before dinner. I have one last shopping list to fill tomorrow & that will be it. Anything else we can pick up in Orlando on Friday.

Lisa unless things have changed the goofy pool is open (the dancefloor is not over it) during the sail away. The stage/small dance area is on the other side of the pool, we hung out near the bar/pool side. it is not that big of an area, lok for aa woman with short red hair that is plump and in a bathing suit with sarong holding a drink and it will be me

On our 11/15/03 cruise they had the dance floor over the Goofy Pool. We were definantly on top of it & the entire floor was packed. I hope that they haven't changed this since that would definitely cut down on the amount of space for all those people. :cool1:

IF NATALIE DOESN'T FINISH HER LEAF PROJECT...WE'LL STILL BE SITTING HERE THIS TIME NEXT WEEK.....

She's still sitting at the dining room table putting her project together. Now she's been out of school ALL THIS WEEK....and it's now 22:37 and she's doing it NOW. Not that I haven't been "encouraging" her to do the project all week....I've just been so d*&# sick, I haven't had the strength to enforce my usual homework laws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Jim is getting sick. :guilty: I feel like I gave him what I had..although I tried to stay away from him....he's a grouchy bear when he's sick :charac2:

OH WELL.....will next Friday night ever get here????????????????

OK....I've vented now......I can rest..........lol

Ann..isn't that where we are suppose to meet??????????

I'll have to read Lisa's email....right now I have to go murderize my child....she's now in the living room watching TV............

Stay tuned for the continuing drama: DOES NATALIE FINISH HER HOMEWORK or DOES HER MOTHER KILL HER or DOES HER MOTHER LOSE WHAT IS LEFT OF HER MIND.....lol

Goodnight all.......
Phyllis

Hello everyone!

I feel much better about the packing situation. Now Im up to 4 suitcases, and still not finished!

Enough about that, I do have a few more questions....

When you bring wine with you, can you drink it anywhere?

Also, I have recently been experiencing some health complications. We are not too sure at this point what's going on, just a bunch of testing and stuff right now. However, some of the side effects have been hair loss, and weight gain.. and its not thyroid related as far as my tests have revealed.

So, now Im fat and bald - everyones worst nightmare, Man or Woman!

So, My next question was about the fitness classes. I cannot find information about any of that. Do they have classes? Im going into this criuse expecting to gain weight, but hoping not to over do it, considering the 20 pounds I just recently packed on.

I have not been on a DCL cruise yet where the Goofy pool was not covered and being used as a dance floor during sail away. They also do this during any top deck show or party. Lisa is right too, that it is always packed, and Sophia and I plan to be there! My little girl loves to dance. In my case, DW will be taking the video.

Perhaps you are confusing it with the Mickey pool, which is usually open during that time.

John

IDC what they do to the pool to be honest. :) I just want to be on that ship!!! :cool1: I am going into panic mode this morning. I'm skipping my workout & going to the chiropractor for one last adjustment before being in that car for 12 hours. :(

The kids were acting up so much yesterday that I couldn't resist. There is no validity to the threat of leaving them here since there is noone to leave them with so I told them that if they acted like that on Mickey's boat they would be put in one of the yellow lifeboats & dragged behind the ship. Well, needless to say the mood changed quickly. Of course then I had to deal with seriously worried kids later that night. :rolleyes: DD wants it to be Christmas already & got very upset that I told her it wouldn't be for another month. Phyllis, I swear that I will have to give my DD that PTDQ title as soon as your DD relinqueshes it! :smooth:

I am so tempted to pack up the van this afternoon. I just want to get everything out of the living room/dining room area. ACK!!! Off to drop off DD to PS and start running around town!

Hi guys! I am cleaning out the medicine cabinet today to get the necessary stuff packed. My house is still a total mess! I have to bring in the baby's next size clothes, so I can pack for her - I think we are going to maximize the allowable luggae- don't feel bad , emily! I will try to be near the Goofy pool - I am tall with red hair- will probably have the baby in a stroller or front pack - will be with my niece who has long white blonde hair - she's three- my DD6 will be dancing the night away if she's not exhausted from traveling. See you soon! Counting the minutes practically! Shawn

Lisa: Glad to hear it wasn't only my children yesterday. I do not know what came over them--they were unbelievable. People always tell us how well behaved they are, but yesterday took the cake. I sent them to bed at 7:15 p.m.!!! My threat was that I would have no problem leaving them in the cabin with a sitter. Have a safe drive to Florida and see you by the Mickey pool!!!

I know last year we met and I had just got out of the pool. Maybe we met before the sail away. The more I think of it that is the case, we met around 3pm at the goofy pool by the bar.
Ok so that is what I meant, at around 3 or 3:30 before the life boat drill I will be by the goofy pool, unless it is raining,
we usually watch the sail away from our veranda.

Ann, I know that some of us are going to be at the Mickey pool letting the kids get out some energy 3 - 3:30 but if DH is with them I will try to run around the corner to say hello. I'll be in touch if I don't see you. :)

Honestly, these kids are the end all today! I need my fairy godmother! Actually I could totally do one of the throwing fits that Lynette did on Desperate Housewives lastnight. Gosh that looked like fun! :rolleyes: Throwing a jar of peanut butter thru a window would release some of this stress. I hope that my migraine goes away before we leave tomorrow. I just need to put everything in the car. Decided to pull out our clothes for the 3 days at WDW so that we don't have to lug 3 big suitcases in & out of the hotel. Hopefully I will do well picking clothes for that. I am picking up pizza in an hour for dinner and will make some cinnamon muffins later on to take with us with the other breakfast food.

Under the 24 hour mark here! ACK!!!! :jumping4: :jumping4: :jumping4: :jumping4: The kids just picked out their movies for the trip. I swear that I would totally lose my mind on a road trip without that tv/vcr. DD doesn't understand why we can't take Princess & the Pauper though since we can watch it on our TV. No DVD player in the car. :rolleyes: She thinks they will be on the ship with the other princesses too. Hopefully she will forget about that.

Off to break up another scuffle. pirate: Oh yes! The pirate hats. Picking them up first!

I still have not packed, got some of the stuff to the spare room bed so we are moving in the right direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter