December 7, 2013 - Winter Fantasy Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be sailing on the Fantasy in December 2012 - an Eastern Caribbean cruise. We have not taken a Western Caribbean cruise - don't know why??? That is why we booked this one. But Christmas is DW's and my favorite holiday, so we really wanted to go again during the holiday season. We are taking two of our granddaughters over to see Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade next Friday. This will be their first time over to WDW. It's going to be GREAT to see their faces light up at all of the sites and sounds of Disney World!!!:woohoo:

This will be our first Western Caribbean cruise, too.

:welcome::welcome::welcome: dvccruiser76 and family and friends. So glad ya'll switched over and are joining us on the cruise!!!:thumbsup2 The ship will be all decked out in her best holiday decor - something all of us are looking forward to see how she looks for the holidays. Castaway Cay will be all decorated for the holidays as well. :cool1::cool1::cool1: This is going to be sooooooooooo much fun!!!!:woohoo:

Thanks, I so want to get our Christmas cards while we're on board! Does anyone know if they do this or has anyone done them before?

Oh nice, I wasn't thinking about CC being decked out too.

This is the whole reason why we booked a December cruise instead of a September cruise. (Our anniversary is September 8th, so we like to try to plan our trips around that.) I really want to experience the Christmas decorations throughout the ship and CC. And maybe we'll even make a side trip to WDW before or after the cruise to see the decor.

Our aniversary is Sept. 6th. We're really close to you. We're going to WDW this time next year, but may slip in a day before the cruise. You know you can't fly down the day of. Especially coming from NE, so we'll fly in Friday or Thursday.

We will be sailing on the Fantasy in December 2012 - an Eastern Caribbean cruise. We have not taken a Western Caribbean cruise - don't know why??? That is why we booked this one. But Christmas is DW's and my favorite holiday, so we really wanted to go again during the holiday season. We are taking two of our granddaughters over to see Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade next Friday. This will be their first time over to WDW. It's going to be GREAT to see their faces light up at all of the sites and sounds of Disney World!!!:woohoo:

We'll be taking DS for his first trip next December. Have a wonerful time. How old are the girls?

Thanks, I so want to get our Christmas cards while we're on board! Does anyone know if they do this or has anyone done them before?

I don't know the answer to this, maybe someone out there does. But, DW and I were kinda thinking of taking one of the pictures we have taken on board the ship and incorporating it into our Christmas card. There are so many computer programs out there to make your own cards. They have so many wonderful backgrounds for photo opt's, and I'm sure they will have some sort of Disney Christmas theme background.

Our aniversary is Sept. 6th. We're really close to you. We're going to WDW this time next year, but may slip in a day before the cruise. You know you can't fly down the day of. Especially coming from NE, so we'll fly in Friday or Thursday.

Hey our anniversary is May the 15th!!! (Wait a minute, that is no where close to any our yours???):confused3

We'll be taking DS for his first trip next December. Have a wonerful time. How old are the girls?

The girls are 5 and 6 years old. Olivia is 6 and a BIG lover of all things to do with the Princess'. Lucia is 5 and she is just as BIG lover of all things Tinker Bell. We plan on getting allot of pictures while we are there.

My parents live in Cape Canaveral. So we fly down early and/or stay later and visit with them. But I bet I could talk them into a side-trip to The World, if for nothing else, to do some resort hopping to see the decorations and eat dinner.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Spent half of my day hanging Christmas lights on our 1936 Fire Truck. It's days like this that I really LOVE my job! :lovestruc The first Christmas Parade of the season is this weekend.

Hope everyone has recovered from Turkey eating and Black Friday shopping.

Our truck won Best Antique at the parade last night. Our Fire Department also got a trophy for furthest traveled. (It was only 36 miles, but took nearly an hour and twenty minutes to get there.)

We have one more competition parade next weekend, then the local parade and Santa's Breakfast.

Our truck won Best Antique at the parade last night. Our Fire Department also got a trophy for furthest traveled. (It was only 36 miles, but took nearly an hour and twenty minutes to get there.)

We have one more competition parade next weekend, then the local parade and Santa's Breakfast.

Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!! And hoping you do as well in the next competition. Can you post a picture of your 1936 Fire Truck. I would enjoy seeing it!!!

Just a quick hello - things are crazy busy here with everything for the Holidays.

As an FYI for the Christmas Cards - I know they used to do them because I have gotten them but recently I haven't seen them.

Have a great day!

Well, CONGRATULATIONS!!! And hoping you do as well in the next competition. Can you post a picture of your 1936 Fire Truck. I would enjoy seeing it!!!

Thanks! I can't believe I don't have a picture...I figured one of the firefighters would have taken one and posted it on facebook. I'll get a picture on Saturday and post it here for you to see.

We have it decked out in Chrismas lights...and we have a sound system in the hose bed. There are 2 computers that coordinate the lights to the music. Last weekend, the Chief (who also plays DJ on the truck) couldn't get the Christmas CD to work. So, he plugged in his I-pod and we were rocking down the road to Jimmy Buffet singing Margaritaville. The best part: the crowd was singing along as we passed by!

Thanks! I can't believe I don't have a picture...I figured one of the firefighters would have taken one and posted it on facebook. I'll get a picture on Saturday and post it here for you to see.

We have it decked out in Chrismas lights...and we have a sound system in the hose bed. There are 2 computers that coordinate the lights to the music. Last weekend, the Chief (who also plays DJ on the truck) couldn't get the Christmas CD to work. So, he plugged in his I-pod and we were rocking down the road to Jimmy Buffet singing Margaritaville. The best part: the crowd was singing along as we passed by!

GREAT!!! Enjoy seeing the oldie but goodies come back. They just don't build them like they use too do they??? Look forward to seeing you photo!!!

GREAT!!! Enjoy seeing the oldie but goodies come back. They just don't build them like they use too do they??? Look forward to seeing you photo!!!

You're not kidding. It was one of the original fire trucks when our Fire Department was founded in 1936. It was actually an in-service fire truck until the early '70's. There are some great stories told by some of our more senior members about driving the truck literally INTO the lake - on purpose - to pump water.

Now trucks are supposed to be retired after 10 years and you definitely don't see 20+ year old trucks running as primary response vehicles. And driving a truck into the lake is frowned upon. :lmao:

The girls are 5 and 6 years old. Olivia is 6 and a BIG lover of all things to do with the Princess'. Lucia is 5 and she is just as BIG lover of all things Tinker Bell. We plan on getting allot of pictures while we are there.

Oh you guys will have a great time. Those will be such fun ages for WDW.

My parents live in Cape Canaveral. So we fly down early and/or stay later and visit with them. But I bet I could talk them into a side-trip to The World, if for nothing else, to do some resort hopping to see the decorations and eat dinner.

Mmmmm.... any old excuse for a good dinner works for me :goodvibes A good friend of mine grew up in Rochester. Don't suppose you know the O'Brien's? Not that there's probably not a ton of them :rotfl2:

Just a quick hello - things are crazy busy here with everything for the Holidays.

As an FYI for the Christmas Cards - I know they used to do them because I have gotten them but recently I haven't seen them.

Have a great day!

I will have to look. I know that they will take pictures for you with your own camera, so I'll see which ones I like best.

Now that sounds like it was a good time :dancer:

Well, we had a great time at the Honeoye Falls Fire Department Holiday Light Parade. We had the Christmas music cranked for this - blasting, of course, from our 1936 Ford Fire Truck. This time our Chief (playing DJ on top of the 1936 Ford) was wearing a coat covered in Christmas lights and was doing his best impression of Sorcerer Mickey - directing the music and even breaking into dancing. Those of us marching in our Turnout Gear were dancing down the road to Lynyrd Skynyrd singing Run Run Rudolf and Charlie Daniels singing Santa Clause is Coming to Town.:santa:

We took 2nd place in the Fire Department entry category. :cool1:

I know we have some photos and perhaps a video floating around the internet somewhere. As soon as I find them, I will post them here.

Hi Everyone we just booked this cruise while we were aboard this last week! Cant wait!!
Im Lauren :)

Well we made it back from WDW with our two granddaughters last week-end. They had such a great time. We drove over early Friday and arrived around noon. Checked in at Port Orleans French Quarter - our room was ready. Went and got something to eat for lunch and looked around for a while. The girls loved the place. They were anxious to get over to Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party. Well, to make a long story short the evening was a SUCCESS. Saturday we went back to the Magic Kingdom for riding all of the rides we could.

Saturday night we went to bed all with sad hearts that we had to leave the next morning. Then the night which no one wants happened. DW got so sick, she could not leave the bathroom all night long, I was up with her all night, trying to help as much as I could. We were concerned she would not be able to make the 1 1/2 hour drive home. But I think she willed herself not to be sick. So we did make it home.

But on the drive home I stared feeling sick. So when we got to the house, I called our son to come over and pick up the girls. Now, DW has missed this whole past week from work. I only worked 3 days. I would have loved to stay home and gotten more rest, but since I am considered a part-time employee I don't get any sick days.

Now DW's throat is getting sore - she just can't catch a break. So it looks like I will be playing Nurse David for a while again.

I hope all of you stay healthy and have a GREAT & Merry Christmas. We are trying to get ourselves well for Christmas as well. I will check in from time to time to see how ya'll are doing. Take care all - I'll talk to you again soon.:woohoo:

Hi Everyone we just booked this cruise while we were aboard this last week! Cant wait!!

Welcome Lauren! So glad you will be sailing with us.

Well we made it back from WDW with our two granddaughters last week-end. They had such a great time. We drove over early Friday and arrived around noon. Checked in at Port Orleans French Quarter - our room was ready. Went and got something to eat for lunch and looked around for a while. The girls loved the place. They were anxious to get over to Mickey's Verry Merry Christmas Party. Well, to make a long story short the evening was a SUCCESS. Saturday we went back to the Magic Kingdom for riding all of the rides we could.

Saturday night we went to bed all with sad hearts that we had to leave the next morning. Then the night which no one wants happened. DW got so sick, she could not leave the bathroom all night long, I was up with her all night, trying to help as much as I could. We were concerned she would not be able to make the 1 1/2 hour drive home. But I think she willed herself not to be sick. So we did make it home.

But on the drive home I stared feeling sick. So when we got to the house, I called our son to come over and pick up the girls. Now, DW has missed this whole past week from work. I only worked 3 days. I would have loved to stay home and gotten more rest, but since I am considered a part-time employee I don't get any sick days.

Now DW's throat is getting sore - she just can't catch a break. So it looks like I will be playing Nurse David for a while again.

I hope all of you stay healthy and have a GREAT & Merry Christmas. We are trying to get ourselves well for Christmas as well. I will check in from time to time to see how ya'll are doing. Take care all - I'll talk to you again soon.:woohoo:

Glad you enjoyed the parks and the party. Sorry to hear you and your wife were sick. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

I would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: mareeld86 and family to the cruise. So glad you booked your next cruise with us. This is going to be soooooo much fun.

Also DW and I would like to wish all of our fellow cruisers:

A Very Merry Christmas!!!

We hope all of you were good little boys and girls, so Santa could bring you exactly what you wanted for Christmas!!!

Oh no, at least MVMCP was a success. I hope everyone is feeling back to normal now. That can ruin a trip for sure.

Hi Lauren, we're glad that you're joining us :goodvibes

I would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: mareeld86 and family to the cruise. So glad you booked your next cruise with us. This is going to be soooooo much fun.

Also DW and I would like to wish all of our fellow cruisers:

A Very Merry Christmas!!!

We hope all of you were good little boys and girls, so Santa could bring you exactly what you wanted for Christmas!!!

Hello everyone, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and has a safe, happy and healthy New Year.

We got our "Welcome Aboard Weeks Family" packet in the mail yesterday :banana: It's still far off, but it's nice to be reminded.

Well I hope all had a safe and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

DW and I are feeling much better. After all of the nasty stuff went away, we both caught bad colds. Wouldn't you know it!!! Dr. said our immune systems were down and anything we would normally be able to fight off - we caught it easily. Leave it to us!!! (Psssst lean in a little..............I think it is all DW's fault!!! She catches something horrible like we had, and she thinks she has to share it with me. And, we all know I'm the big baby here!!!) YEAH - that's right, you heard it here firs.............wait a minute......................I didn't just call myself a big baby did I???:confused3 Oh well........never mind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter