December 7, 2013 - Winter Fantasy Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone... my partner and I just booked this cruise today. We were originally booked for this coming December but we are planning to move to Florida this year as soon as the house sells. Just didn't want the stress of moving to get in the way of the cruise.

This will be our 4th cruise. We too are looking forward to seeing what changes were made to the Fantasy. We were on the first double dip to CC in May on the Dream. Although we loved the ship we were not blown away by the service and I think I expected more after all the hype. Thought we would give the Fantasy a try. We both love the Magic.

Hope everyone is doing well with the start of the New Year. Looking forward to getting to know everyone before the cruise. We have made some great friends on our other cruises who we still keep in touch with and hope the same occurs on this one.

Hi everyone... my partner and I just booked this cruise today. We were originally booked for this coming December but we are planning to move to Florida this year as soon as the house sells. Just didn't want the stress of moving to get in the way of the cruise.

This will be our 4th cruise. We too are looking forward to seeing what changes were made to the Fantasy. We were on the first double dip to CC in May on the Dream. Although we loved the ship we were not blown away by the service and I think I expected more after all the hype. Thought we would give the Fantasy a try. We both love the Magic.

Hope everyone is doing well with the start of the New Year. Looking forward to getting to know everyone before the cruise. We have made some great friends on our other cruises who we still keep in touch with and hope the same occurs on this one.

Welcome!!

Glad you are joining us. I have not been on the Dream yet but have done 8 DCL on the Magic/Wonder.

I would also like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: you to the cruise. Glad you could join us. Sorry to hear your service was not as you had expected. My DW and I did a back2back on the Dream last September. We had the same servers for both cruises and they were excellent. In fact before the first portion of the back2back was completed we requested the same servers for the second cruise. Our server Gilbert did magic tricks all during the evening meal - in fact I still don't know how he did a couple of those tricks. He was great, and our assistant server Edith was equally as good. She was funny. Gilbert is suppose to be moving to the Fantasy. We have the December 15th, 2012 cruise booked and we are going to request him if he is on board. Hopefully you will get some wonderful servers this time around.:thumbsup2

Welcome :goodvibes

We cruised on the Dream in May as well, but just a 4 nighter. We have a little one (he wasn't even 2 yet) so we were too busy making sure that he was behaved and didn't really get to pay a ton of attention to the servers.

Hopefully with the Fantasy and going after it's been out for about 20 months either the service will be better or people that are used to the Dream move to the Fantasy and already have the lay of the land down pat.

Looking forward to meeting you guys :goodvibes

Sue,

Hi Everyone!
Nice to see a thread up already. This will be our second cruise - but the rest of the gang, DH, and DS/DD both whom will be 10 on this cruise currently believe it will be our first cruise! I have a surprise 3 day cruise on the Dream planned for Dec of '12 to test out our sea legs. I booked this Fantasy cruise because I was so excited about all the planning and thought the price was right. Plus now I can share all my excitement about the 'upcoming' cruise and hopefully can keep the '12 surprise until our WDW vacation; only 11 more months!! LOL
Looking forward to getting to know fellow cruisers.
-J from VT

We are booked for this cruise too. This will be our 2nd cruise. We were on the Dream in December 2011. LOVED IT!!! It is my and my DD (6 now, 8 when we cruise again) I'm already spending way too much time looking at excursions and ports. :)

Hi Everyone!
Nice to see a thread up already. This will be our second cruise - but the rest of the gang, DH, and DS/DD both whom will be 10 on this cruise currently believe it will be our first cruise! I have a surprise 3 day cruise on the Dream planned for Dec of '12 to test out our sea legs. I booked this Fantasy cruise because I was so excited about all the planning and thought the price was right. Plus now I can share all my excitement about the 'upcoming' cruise and hopefully can keep the '12 surprise until our WDW vacation; only 11 more months!! LOL
Looking forward to getting to know fellow cruisers.
-J from VT

We are booked for this cruise too. This will be our 2nd cruise. We were on the Dream in December 2011. LOVED IT!!! It is my and my DD (6 now, 8 when we cruise again) I'm already spending way too much time looking at excursions and ports. :)

I would like to :welcome::welcome::welcome: gr8vthsfam and family to the cruise. And also I want to :welcome::welcome::welcome: dream1211 and family to the cruise!!! So glad ya'll could join us. This is going to be one Fantastic cruise for everyone on board. We are going to have sooooo much fun. We have a little wait on our hands here - just gives us more time to get to know one another better. Again, welcome aboard!!!

Yay more friends :banana:

I can't wait :woohoo: Have they shown any good inside pics yet? I looked at the ones listed at the top of this DIS thread tonight and it looks beautiful just like the Dream. I'm hoping to see pics and read reports of what's different.

Hope everyone is doing well. I took the liberty of creating a roll call website for our cruise. I used an old roll call and converted it for this one. I love doing this sort of thing, but if anyone else wanted to do it just let me know. I wouldn't take offense. If anyone wants to take a look or give input on what you would like to have on the site send me an IM and I will send you the link to the site. I don't want to post it yet until I get the ok from those on the thread so far.

thanks

Hope everyone is doing well. I took the liberty of creating a roll call website for our cruise. I used an old roll call and converted it for this one. I love doing this sort of thing, but if anyone else wanted to do it just let me know. I wouldn't take offense. If anyone wants to take a look or give input on what you would like to have on the site send me an IM and I will send you the link to the site. I don't want to post it yet until I get the ok from those on the thread so far.

thanks

That sounds good - thanks for doing so!

Hope veryone is doing well - Crazy busy here - Girl Scout cookie season and getting ready for our Alaska cruise ina few months.

Enjoy your upcoming weekend!

thanks

That sounds great philatiger. Thanks for doing this for everyone. Looking forward to seeing the website!!!:thumbsup2

I added the website link to my signature. Feel free to start adding to the roll call or FE sign up pages. We can do a few test runs while the thread is slow.

I added the website link to my signature. Feel free to start adding to the roll call or FE sign up pages. We can do a few test runs while the thread is slow.

Sounds good Chuck. I'm going to go and sign up now. Can't remember our room number at this time. Can I add or change it later Chuck?

Hope everyone is having a good week. Hang in there - tomorrow is Friday!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Sounds good Chuck. I'm going to go and sign up now. Can't remember our room number at this time. Can I add or change it later Chuck?

Hope everyone is having a good week. Hang in there - tomorrow is Friday!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

You won't be able to edit it. Just send me a pm when you have it and I can add it to the table. I can give everyone access to update the spreadsheets but I am always concerned someone will accidentally delete or change something.

You won't be able to edit it. Just send me a pm when you have it and I can add it to the table. I can give everyone access to update the spreadsheets but I am always concerned someone will accidentally delete or change something.

Still looking for our stateroom number. When I locate it, I will send you a PM with the number so you can fix it for us. thanks

I added the website to the first page and will post the info soon for the roll call. The link will not allow me to set up a proper button so I will have to work with it.

I added the website to the first page and will post the info soon for the roll call. The link will not allow me to set up a proper button so I will have to work with it.

It's pretty easy to set it up: First type what you want the link to say. Then highlight the wording and click the insert link button. Paste the link to the website and click ok.

I will be joining you also in Dec 2013. I have just come back from a b2b starting Feb 4 to Feb 18 2012. It was awesome. My first cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter