• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Denise's New Focus on Fitness-Friends and Support Welcome!

I decided to keep my recent medical history private. Amy, I will PM you again soon.

Denise, hoping to hear from you friend and hoping you are doing well.

You have been on my mind lately!:hug::)

Amy, Tracey and Julie-Here's a partial update of all the stuff that 's been going on with me. (copied from another thread)

I'm thinking of all of you as you plan your upcoming trips. Make it happen and enjoy the magic!

We returned from ours on Oct. 22nd. It was a great trip except for the last day when I developed a GI bug. Ugh! Thankfully me husband bought some immodium so I was OK on the flight home. I should mention that 5 out of our group of 19 became ill.

Our trip included a stay at Vistana which I highly recommend. My highlight of the trip was Discovery Cove which I absolutely loved. I can cross this off my Life List (I don't believe in buckets). We also went to Sea World and Aquatica. I rented a wheelchair for MNSSHP in Magic Kingdom and we stayed till right before closing. It was a fun time sharing it with our 3 grandsons. We also enjoyed a lovely meal at Villa de Flora in the Gaylord Palms. It was just my husband and me and a romantic setting.

I had my 3 month tests last week-CT Scan and 2d Echo Cardiogram. The results were good and even better than expected on the CT. The largest lesion has shrunk by half and is substantially smaller than when I started chemo in July 2012. I had chemo yesterday at my new center MD Anderson at Cooper which is a beautiful center designed for patient comfort.

So with all that said we are planning our next vacation. 2 cruises back to back out of Cape Liberty on Explorer of the Seas to the Bahamas (Port Canaveral included) and the 2nd leg of our journey travels to Bermuda. We'll be celebrating our 40th anniversary.

I'm feeling very blessed that my health is improving! I'll be a 6 year survivor of Endometrial cancer in Dec. I've had 2 recurrences in the pelvic region and the last one made me a mental mess. I'm a realist when it comes to my health and I'm usually not big on statistics but when I read that the 5 year survival rate for recurrent endo. cancer is 18 %, I wanted to beat those odds. So, I'm hanging in there and doing everything my docs recommend and I'm also willing to do a clinical trial if necessary.

Think happy, healthy and healing thoughts everyone! Thanks for reading my long-winded post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter