• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Denise's New Focus on Fitness-Friends and Support Welcome!

Woohoo for a trip to Disney!!! :woohoo: That sounds like the perfect time of the year to get away to Florida and escape the winter blahs! :sunny:

How exciting that you're going to Sea World! We went last year and really enjoyed it. We used to go to the one in Ohio many years ago before it closed down. It was nice to see some of the familiar characters and shows we grew up with. Very cool!:thumbsup2

Have you had any luck with the airfare for March? I hope you get a great rate on your flights! pixiedust:

Have a wonderful weekend!:hug:

Sorry to hear about the flood - I know first hand how 'fun' that is!

But glad to hear you have a WDW trip in the works. Always a good time!

Hope everything is going good with your health - I haven't gone back to totally catch up. Hang in there!

Which Yoga DVDs did you get? I would like to try some.....eventually!

Denise, so glad you have a trip to WDW planned. Darn it, we will just miss each other! Taking Scott for his first trip will be so much fun, and escaping the cold winter to go to Florida is always a good thing!

Offsite is something I was really looking into until we got free dining. I also like it that my kids can go off on their own and have the Disney transportation. But in a few years, when its just Dan and I, I think we will try offsite. I am tired of waiting for discounts and having more space will be nice.

Love Sea World! MK and Sea World will be a great combo.

Sorry to hear about the flood - I know first hand how 'fun' that is!

But glad to hear you have a WDW trip in the works. Always a good time!

Hope everything is going good with your health - I haven't gone back to totally catch up. Hang in there!

Which Yoga DVDs did you get? I would like to try some.....eventually!

Julie, sorry I didn't reply earlier but I've been spending my time on the Cruise Critic boards getting ready for my Dec. trip. It seems to suck up all my computer time.

My health is good. I had a pelvic MRI last week which came back clear. Yeah!! This Wed. I have a colonoscopy which is pretty much routine except for the fact it was moved up from 5 yrs. to 3 since I'm at risk because of the pelvic cancer. Sounds crazy, but I want to have it done so I can move on with a clean bill of health and maybe have my port -o-cath removed in the New Year.

I did have some blood work last week so I need to call for the results. I have a sneaky feeling that my A1C will still be elevated and I might have to start some meds for that. All the more reason why I need to pick a plan and stick with it. I do need a buddy with whatever way I go. For now I'm going to keep a food diary just in case my primary wants to send me to a nutritionist because of the blood sugar issue. I appreciate your support!

My cruise is 34 days from now and I'm beside myself with anticipation. So much is going on between now and then that time is just going to fly. We got our sump pump installed on Fri. so now we can move on with all the plans for the family room. Next is ceiling paint and touch up of the walls. We're going to wait till spring to have the 2 windows replaced because I don't think we can fit it in next month. Then we'll give the walls a new coat of paint. We will do the flooring and purchase some new area rugs. The room is really large but has one of those stupid support poles smack in the middle. Then I want to decorate for Christmas before we leave since we won't be back till Dec.11. Oh yes, I need to fit in Christmas shopping too.
My mom is also having hip surgery. We have 3 birthdays, one of which is my son's 30th so a bigger celebration than normal. Of course Thanksgiving falls in there too. I'm getting too old for all of this. LOL!

The yoga CD's are Peggy Cappy which was originally a PBS series. They use modification for those who are older or have physical limitations. I really like them although they might be a little mild for some.

Better go and get something accomplished. I have a desk full of paperwork that needs attention. Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well, Denise. :hug: I LOVE hearing you say that your health is good!:thumbsup2 That is a huge blessing and I am so grateful for your good health!:hug:

Woohoo for your cruise!!!:boat: Your schedule until your vacation sounds a lot like my schedule until our vacation: busy, busy, busy! We'll manage to get it all done somehow and enjoy our vacations as well.:thumbsup2

Have a wonderful day today!:goodvibes

Denise, so happy and thankful for you that you got a good MRI result! I can't even begin to imagine how good that must feel. I don't blame you one bit for wanting the colonoscopy done so you can celebrate that and just keep on enjoying all you have going on.:goodvibes

You have one busy November but lots of fun things planned!

Your cruise is so close, I can't wait to hear all about it when you get home. Enjoy the anticipation!

Your family room will be something you and Gary can really enjoy. It always feels so good to get home improvements done.:thumbsup2

I imagine you are almost on your cruise....have a great time! Congrats on the clean MRI. Hope the blood test was ok.

I need an accountability buddy, too. We've gotta get this done! :hug:

Quickie post...

All tests were good including colonoscopy but it did show some narrowing down there due to pelvic radiation. Dr. was very happy with the overall results.

We're headed out tonight for vaca. My work party is down in Wilmington, De. then we head to Baltimore for the cruise. Tracy, we plan to go to DTD on Wed. and also do the monorail resorts to see the decorations and maybe have lunch at the Grand Floridian. Have a wonderful stay at WDW!

Enjoy your holiday preparations ladies and once again thanks for being here for me. We need to get moving again in the New Year and make healthy living our priority!

A Wish for my Dis friends...I hope 2012 finds you happy and healthy!

I'm missing our online connection and hope to see you real soon. I have lots of stuff going on-good but busy and I'm sure you're all in the same situation. I've started a little blog, so once that's up and running a little better, I'll send you the link.

Please check in soon!

Denise, I miss our online friendships too!

Debating about starting to post on my WISH journal again, just can't decide.

So how was your cruise?

Happy New Year, I miss you!!!!!!!

Send me your link for sure.

Hi Denise,

How are you doing, my friend? I'm sorry it's been awhile since I've stopped by your journal. Life has been really hectic lately! I'm going to try and get back to WISH a few times a week.

Thank you so much for the card you sent! It really brightened up my day!:hug:

Do you have your blog up and running? If so, please send me a link. I'd love to read it! :goodvibes

I hope you and your family are doing well. :goodvibes

Have a great weekend, Dee! Miss you! Hope all is well, just busy! I'm interested in your blog, too!

I'm so happy to hear from all of you! Hope you all are healthy and happy and doing well!

Life has settled down now that the late fall and holidays are behind us. We're kind of in the middle of the winter doldrums and just dreaming about upcoming vacations and warmer weather.

My health is good-just some minor issues and nothing to worry about. I just need to get off my behind and get more active in preparation for our trip to Disney and all the walking we'll be doing. I have no excuse even if the weather isn't the greatest. We have 2 malls which are very close to both my home and work. Its the same old story-right?

I'd love for you all to visit my blog! It's pretty basic and a work in progress but I am able to add pictures fairly easily even though I'm techno impaired. LOL! Its mostly about my life's little pleasures and a journal about some things that I enjoy.

simplyserenity-denise.blogspot.com

Ladies, if you do visit my blog, make sure you look on the right under blogs that I follow, and click on "The Curly Orange". That's my DD Lauren's blog and you can see lots more pics of the grandkids.

I do have a Facebook acct. also but mostly lurk around there and rarely post. Maybe its time for me to get more social. We can all become Facebook friends!

Thanks for sharing your blog and Lauren's as well! :goodvibes I look forward to checking them out. :)

If you want to PM me your info, I'll send you a friend request on Facebook. :)

Have a great day today!:hug:

Hey, Dee! Just popping in to say 'hi'!

Love your blog, and ditto on Tracy's FB invite. Just PM me. I tend to be on there more than here ......the lure of the games, and it's where my DNieces in FL & all my other nieces/nephews post their kids pics.

Have a GREAT weekend!

Hi Girls!!!!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer! Lots of things going on here-some good and some not-so-good, but I won't get into detail about that right now.

If you get a minute, stop by and say hello, and I'll do the same.

Wishing all my dear Wish buds happiness and good health!!!!

Happy New Year, Dee!

I've been gone from WISH just exactly as long as you have, but I'm back!

Praying things are well with you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter