DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! 1000+ points would sure be nice. Right now I check in with only 110. Teehee. It at least gets me a nice vacation every other year :D Plus, I'm only 26. PLENTY of time to add-on ;)

WOW! 1000+ points would sure be nice. Right now I check in with only 110. Teehee. It at least gets me a nice vacation every other year :D Plus, I'm only 26. PLENTY of time to add-on ;)

Large point memberships are awesome, but are not so much fun when the annual dues is due.

Congrats on buying at 26yo....you started earlier than most of us. I am sure you can get maximum use with 110 points and will add on as your needs and family changes.

Large point memberships are awesome, but are not so much fun when the annual dues is due.

Congrats on buying at 26yo....you started earlier than most of us. I am sure you can get maximum use with 110 points and will add on as your needs and family changes.

That's the plan! I imagine the annual dues statement can be very scary on 1000+ points. Haha!

Hi JimC

We just added on again bringing our total to 1100 :cheer2: I think we might have just one more add on in our future if the right contract comes along :goodvibes

Hi JimC

We just added on again bringing our total to 1100 :cheer2: I think we might have just one more add on in our future if the right contract comes along :goodvibes

Got it. Congratulations :)

Just one more add on? A line from Pirates immediately jumped into my mind, "As always, ... just one more time." Don't think about it because the context is completely different, but it is 3:30 am where I am at the moment and a long day ahead of me on west coast time.

Can you adjust again , took the DW to grand for her blueberry pancakes well to say the least just added on 100 at the grand that gives us 1820

Can you adjust again , took the DW to grand for her blueberry pancakes well to say the least just added on 100 at the grand that gives us 1820

Got it. Congratulations :) Expensive pancakes!!

Congratulations! Which restaurant has the good blueberry pancakes?

So has any of the 1000 pointers bought 1000 points all at once in one contract?

Not me as all my Disney direct purchases are 100-150 point contracts, but I tried to buy a OKW 1,000 point contract via resale and was beat out in a bidding war, go figure.

Hopefully not.

If circumstances required them to sell, they would then have to eventually sell it as a 1000 point block which very few could afford and might take a bath lowering the price just to get rid of it. I recommend never buying contracts larger than 200 points at a time as a safety if the economy ever tanks again and you need the money. You can buy 400-500 points at a time, just break it up into smaller contracts. The ideal small contract size to me would be 50, they get the most return if you absolutely have to sell. They get picked up very fast. Yes you have more to track, but it is worth it if you ever had to sell IMHO.

And for clarification, I'm small potatoes with only 300 points so I may not represent the thoughts of a much more fortunate group of DVC members such as this group. I am in awe of your abilities to rack up the points. With my son now in his first year of college at about $45K, just not in the cards for more points although he did say that for his first Christmas break, he wanted to spend a week at WDW to reenergize. So we are going New Years Eve for 5 days. Cannot wait to try out the magic bands. Sorry for the rambling.

Most of my contracts are in the 200-400 point range. Typically larger point contracts sell for less and take longer to sell as there are far less people able to afford the contract.

We bought our contracts over many years. That's the only way we could afford it. Our largest contract is 250 points, and I regret buying it, as I believe it will be difficult to sell if we have to. BUT in the meantime we do have fun with it. :thumbsup2

Sorry haven't been on the boards very busy this time of year with work. Yes they were very expensive pancakes. Got them at Grand Floridian Cafe best on property fresh blueberries not canned or frozen. At least now I know if I want to purchase more points blueberry pancakes lol

Sorry haven't been on the boards very busy this time of year with work. Yes they were very expensive pancakes. Got them at Grand Floridian Cafe best on property fresh blueberries not canned or frozen. At least now I know if I want to purchase more points blueberry pancakes lol

Just wondering and thanks for getting back. I love blueberry pancakes!:goodvibes

That sounds amazing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter