DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just signed the contract to add on at Grand Floridian. My total is now up to 2795.

So as a member of the DVC 1000 point group, do you find that you get more DVC communications than before you reached that point? Do they tend to send you questionnaires regarding likes / dislikes or new ideas?

:lmao::dance3::rotfl::rotfl2:

They are no more interested in our opinion than anyone else's. In fact, I doubt they even know we have more than 1000 points.

Passed ROFR on 240 VWL, total to 4270. First VWL contract, hope to get Christmas reservation.

Passed ROFR on 240 VWL, total to 4270. First VWL contract, hope to get Christmas reservation.

All you need now is 231 more points and you become number 1. The envy of all DVC members. You can do it, we are all rooting for you! :woohoo::cheer2::cool1:

Good we need a new number 1! :thumbsup2

Hope you will be able to handle the task!

Rumor has it King Leonidas was the creation of Michael Eisner and not real.
But once you take over there will be no question that are new leader is real.

Keep us updated.

Rumor has it King Leonidas was the creation of Michael Eisner and not real.But once you take over there will be no question that are new leader is real.

Keep us updated.

I don't know but do not see him/her active for a very long time on this board.:coffee:

Hi! My DH and I just purchased 170 more DVC points at Saratoga Springs which brings us up to a GRAND TOTAL of 1,000 DVC points :banana:. A fellow DVCer told me about this Thread when I made the last purchase and I am excited to join the 1,000 Point Club. Seems like a fun group from some of the posts I have read.

We now own 395 points at Saratoga Springs and 605 points at Animal Kingdom. Saratoga Springs was our first purchase in 2008 - 225 points, just enough to spend one week in a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs. My DH's parents were kind enough to use their DVC points to let my family stay at Boardwalk Villas in 2007 and we knew right away that we wanted to become DVC members. Our four daughters still talk about how much fun that 1st trip to DisneyWorld was. We thought about buying into Boardwalk but we wanted a contract with more years on it so we toured Saratoga Springs and were hooked. Soon after that 1st purchase, my DH and I used some of our Saratoga Springs points to take a short 3-Day Disney Cruise to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and we got bitten by the "cruise bug" - you know the sneaky little fellow that makes you want to take more cruises. :lmao: Well, that cruise bug convinced us to purchase a second DVC membership - this time at Animal Kingdom. The first time we stayed at Animal Kingdom with our daughters was amazing. They completely fell in love with the African-themed decor this resort displays so well, not to mention the cute animals they have roaming around. Although my DH and I still love the beauty of Saratoga Springs, we usually stay at Animal Kingdom when our daughters are with us on trips because it is now their favorite resort of the two we own at. We have added on more DVC points each year since our first purchase in 2008 because we wanted to do more and more wonderful trips with our family. Plus, I will admit that buying more DVC points is addictive. We took our daughters on their first Disney Cruise in November of 2011 and, not a shock, they loved cruising. :rotfl: I know alot of DVC members do not use their points to cruise, but we do and now that our daughters were hooked like we are on cruising, we needed more points so we could take them on cruises which is why we made our most recent purchase of points.

I don't see us making any more purchases of DVC points for awhile since we want to start paying off some of our plans first but you never know when the urge will strike and we may end up with more DVC points eventually. For now, we have enough points for my DH and I to take a Anniversary Cruise (without the kids) each year and do one family vacation a year with our daughters - alternating between a one week trip to Disneyworld or a 7 night cruise.

With the "back-dated points we received from our most recent DVC purchase, we are surprising our daughters with a 4 day Bahama cruise on the newly re-imagined Disney Magic in less than 5 weeks. We don't plan on telling them until the day before we leave. I can't wait to see their reaction when we tell them.

Anyway, glad to join the club and can't wait to read about some of the trips other members take with their points.

Hi! My DH and I just purchased 170 more DVC points at Saratoga Springs which brings us up to a GRAND TOTAL of 1,000 DVC points :banana:. A fellow DVCer told me about this Thread when I made the last purchase and I am excited to join the 1,000 Point Club. Seems like a fun group from some of the posts I have read. We now own 395 points at Saratoga Springs and 605 points at Animal Kingdom. Saratoga Springs was our first purchase in 2008 - 225 points, just enough to spend one week in a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs. My DH's parents were kind enough to use their DVC points to let my family stay at Boardwalk Villas in 2007 and we knew right away that we wanted to become DVC members. Our four daughters still talk about how much fun that 1st trip to DisneyWorld was. We thought about buying into Boardwalk but we wanted a contract with more years on it so we toured Saratoga Springs and were hooked. Soon after that 1st purchase, my DH and I used some of our Saratoga Springs points to take a short 3-Day Disney Cruise to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and we got bitten by the "cruise bug" - you know the sneaky little fellow that makes you want to take more cruises. :lmao: Well, that cruise bug convinced us to purchase a second DVC membership - this time at Animal Kingdom. The first time we stayed at Animal Kingdom with our daughters was amazing. They completely fell in love with the African-themed decor this resort displays so well, not to mention the cute animals they have roaming around. Although my DH and I still love the beauty of Saratoga Springs, we usually stay at Animal Kingdom when our daughters are with us on trips because it is now their favorite resort of the two we own at. We have added on more DVC points each year since our first purchase in 2008 because we wanted to do more and more wonderful trips with our family. Plus, I will admit that buying more DVC points is addictive. We took our daughters on their first Disney Cruise in November of 2011 and, not a shock, they loved cruising. :rotfl: I know alot of DVC members do not use their points to cruise, but we do and now that our daughters were hooked like we are on cruising, we needed more points so we could take them on cruises which is why we made our most recent purchase of points. I don't see us making any more purchases of DVC points for awhile since we want to start paying off some of our plans first but you never know when the urge will strike and we may end up with more DVC points eventually. For now, we have enough points for my DH and I to take a Anniversary Cruise (without the kids) each year and do one family vacation a year with our daughters - alternating between a one week trip to Disneyworld or a 7 night cruise. With the "back-dated points we received from our most recent DVC purchase, we are surprising our daughters with a 4 day Bahama cruise on the newly re-imagined Disney Magic in less than 5 weeks. We don't plan on telling them until the day before we leave. I can't wait to see their reaction when we tell them. Anyway, glad to join the club and can't wait to read about some of the trips other members take with their points.

Welcome to the 1,000+ point group!! I know you must be super excited and especially looking forward to your new vacation options. Now one last thing...sit back and let the magic happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter