• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS DVC 1000 Point Club (post #1 updated 02/10/2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added 120 VGF today, total to 4590.

I know can not pass Poly, what you gonna do with addonitis. Hopefully can start chopping some contracts.

Added 120 VGF today, total to 4590.

I know can not pass Poly, what you gonna do with addonitis. Hopefully can start chopping some contracts.

Guess that is why your Avatar is shaking his head in disbelief.:rotfl:

Waiting for contract to pass ROFR and that will put at 810 pts. Hopefully I can join the 1000 club next year!
I understand that renting our points and than taking cash for cruise is the most cost efficient. With such large amount of pts each of you have / have you ever encountered a problem with Disney saying you are renting to many points out and violating rules?

As stated before, this thread needs to return to its original topic. The recent off-topic post which were fast deteriorating to personal attacks have been removed. Those post which referred to the removed post have also been removed. I apologize if one of your post was removed.

I will ask once again, not so nicely, that you return to the original topic of this thread. If you do not like the topic of this thread, I suggest that you ignore it.

I just found this thread and having hard time not reading it all in one sitting! Definitely like dinner time talk :dance3::dance3:
I like your response to the nay Sayers.
Congratulations to all of you who are in this club. No matter how you got there or how you choose to use it!! We all choose how we spend out money and you have chosen to spend it on Disney Magic!!

Just closed on some VGC points which puts us into the club at 1113 total. Do we get a special pin or something? :rotfl2:

May I ask how many pts you have and how often you rent out a year? I want more pts but want to make sure the years we cruise that I am able to rent them out without a Disney hitch?

Disney does has renter restriction to 20 per yr.

May I ask how many pts you have and how often you rent out a year?
I want more pts but want to make sure the years we cruise that I am able to rent them out without a Disney hitch?

1700 points

We use between 900 to 1200 per year. The balance I rent out.

Disney does has renter restriction to 20 per yr.

I had heard the number 20 could trigger Disney getting involved. With the large numbers some of you have I would think you could get up to that number some years. Maybe it is rumor or Disney scare tactic.

I have never had a problem from Disney renting our points. Not that we've done it often...we tend to use them up! :lmao:

I am hoping to hit the 1000 list sometime. Just wanted to cover all bases in case I hit a year where I need to rent out. It seems it is always the "one detail" I didn't check out in life that causes me the most grief.

1700 points

We use between 900 to 1200 per year. The balance I rent out.

Would you know the average amount that people generally rent?
How many separate rentals do you have for the 500-800 pts that you sometime rent out in a year?

Thanks to all for willingness to share your DVC pt totals and how you use them.
When I first read the 1000 membership thread I saw posts with people thinking it was just bragging rights or something.
In the real world (outside the magical) talking money is taboo for most people. People choose how to spend their money and KUDOS to all of you who have been able to join this club!!

Would you know the average amount that people generally rent?
How many separate rentals do you have for the 500-800 pts that you sometime rent out in a year?

Last year I did 8 rentals and 1 of those rentals was 3 rooms. I had an excess of points last year due to banked points from a resale.

Points rented varied from 51 to 269

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter