Dis Network of rivers???

I have been on various bits of the Dis River ride a few times now and it's great to see all your hard work has paid off. Just wanted to ask how many rooms are there now?

Funniebunny said:
...the Dis River...wanted to ask how many rooms are there now?
As of 12/29 the count was 111 rooms. If you look back in this thread (message 177 on page 8) you will see a post listing the room owners and the number of rooms they have on the river.

Just wanted to say that a new room has been added to the DIS River Network!

Our DS14, SeaBoyPirate, is now a VMK member (and he has been a DIS member for a few years now but does not post often), and has created a room with a river in it. I've linked his room in between two of my rooms :)

I have been working on rivers within my own rooms and would love to hook them up the the DIS rivers--

except I have problems with them--one day they work and one they do not--anyone??

Any more details on how they aren't working?

debbiedoo said:
I have been working on rivers within my own rooms and would love to hook them up the the DIS rivers--

except I have problems with them--one day they work and one they do not--anyone??

Hi, I took a ride on the Dis river and it was wonderful so I would like to join the river network. Please let me know what I need to do to have my game room, which has a little river going thru it, connected to the longest river ride ever in vmk history. I see a world record here....lol....quick call Guiness....he..he...;)

aprncess said:
Hi, I took a ride on the Dis river and it was wonderful so I would like to join the river network. Please let me know what I need to do to have my game room, which has a little river going thru it, connected to the longest river ride ever in vmk history. I see a world record here....lol....quick call Guiness....he..he...;)

Just find anyone who is already on the network, once you are in vmk

then just make sure that your room(s) are a complete loop on their own FIRST (in other words when you ride your own part it loops over and over again) and if that is all good, then just trade your BEGINNING teleporter with someone elses BEGINNING teleporter. (this will essentially put your room(s) right before theirs on the network and everyone will be all set.

::yes:: :teeth:

NJ Mike said:
Just find anyone who is already on the network, once you are in vmk

then just make sure that your room(s) are a complete loop on their own FIRST (in other words when you ride your own part it loops over and over again) and if that is all good, then just trade your BEGINNING teleporter with someone elses BEGINNING teleporter. (this will essentially put your room(s) right before theirs on the network and everyone will be all set.

::yes:: :teeth:

Yes they already loop over and over so today I will look for another dis'er on vmk and trade with them. I do have a question about the end though, when they exit mine where to they end up, in the person I traded withs room right?
Oh yes and btw, tell your children it was a wonderful idea they had! Thank You very much!!

JeanJoe said:
Any more details on how they aren't working?

I do not know -- I placed them all together and you get stuck --
:confused3 maybe tonite I can go and work on them??

I see ppl using crates and other object -- I will see

One guess -- the "direction" of your river pieces might be wrong.

The water "flows" in only one direction for each of the river pieces. If you look closely at the water "ripple" effect, you can see which direction the water is flowing. Try rotating the pieces (or, if it's a turn, you would have to switch "right" turn for "left", or vice versa), and see if that works.

I find it particularly difficult to see the direction of the water flow with the shallow entry pieces.

debbiedoo said:
I do not know -- I placed them all together and you get stuck --
:confused3 maybe tonite I can go and work on them??

I see ppl using crates and other object -- I will see

JeanJoe said:
One guess -- the "direction" of your river pieces might be wrong.

The water "flows" in only one direction for each of the river pieces. If you look closely at the water "ripple" effect, you can see which direction the water is flowing. Try rotating the pieces (or, if it's a turn, you would have to switch "right" turn for "left", or vice versa), and see if that works.

I find it particularly difficult to see the direction of the water flow with the shallow entry pieces.

I will work on that -- thanks -- and I think the shallow pieces are part of my problem

:cool1:

I have a hard time telling which direction the water flows too...especially with the shallow ones. Grrr

JeanJoe said:
...find it particularly difficult to see the direction of the water flow with the shallow entry pieces.
It can be difficult to see, but is fairly easy to determine. Just put the shallows by themself and click on them. You will enter the shallow side and walk off the way the river is flowing.

BobRichmond said:
It can be difficult to see, but is fairly easy to determine. Just put the shallows by themself and click on them. You will enter the shallow side and walk off the way the river is flowing.

Yes that is a good way. And is super annoying whenever you try to place them and you get on the river by accident! aRg! I had to start blocking myself off from the rivers while building them.

~M

Woot, I am finally going to get my 3 river rooms added on to this today! From that last listing of who had rooms on it, I shouldn't be able to miss meeting up with someone! :teeth:

PurpleDuck said:
...I am finally going to get my 3 river rooms added on to this today!...

Does anybody else find it funny that PurpleDuck has to get in a log to float down the river. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter