DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM! A Spring 2015 DCP Adventure! NEW 8/1 x2

“ALL OUR DREAMS CAN COME TRUE IF WE HAVE THE COURAGE TO PURSUE THEM.” – Walt Disney

Welcome all! I’m Grace and today, January 7th, 2015, I am beginning the biggest adventure of my life thus far! I am moving to Florida and participating in the Walt Disney World College Program in the Spring of 2015!

For the next four and a half months I get to live, sleep, eat, and breathe Disney, and I couldn’t be more excited! Words can’t explain how much I’m looking forward to the next few months and all that I’m going to experience!

“TO ALL THAT COME TO THIS HAPPY PLACE, WELCOME!”

Now here’s a little bit about me!

PRINCESS GRACE princess:

Here’s a little bit about moi!

* I’m 20 years old and a sophomore in college!

* I love Disney! That’s a pretty obvious one…

* I’m a Communications major studying Film/Video and Graphic Design so I’ll hopefully be making some videos during my program!

* I’m a runner! And I’m going to be participating in some runDisney events during my DCP!

* I love pretty much every character ever in a Disney movie but a few of my top favorites are Rapunzel, Hercules (my husband), Tiana, Gaston, Marie, Belle, Peter Pan (my boyfriend) and Tink.

* This is my fourth trip report on the boards, and my (I think) 13th time going to the world!

* I love Superheroes (The Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Batman, the list goes on and one) and Stars Wars very very much!

* I love everything about Walt Disney World primarily Disney Pins and Disney food… Like don’t even get me started, I could go on for HOURS

* I love documentaries (what I’m in school for) and I have watched pretty much every documentary I can find that has anything even slightly to do with the amazing Walt Disney and his magical lands.

My program starts in just a few days! Monday the 12th to be exact!

I’m am both extremely excited and nervous about moving to Florida and living out my dreams of working at Walt Disney World, ultimately I would love to one day work as an Imagineer (but like really who wouldn’t want to do that?!) so for me I feel that this is a great first step!

I love writing and being able to look back and remember the details of great experiences and I felt that keep a blog/diary would be the best way to do it! And what better place than the Dis!

Seeing that this is such a grand undertaking, that let’s face it, I’ll most likely fall a little bit behind on I’m offering up my social medias in case anyone would like to follow along in a bit more up to date fashion!

Twitter : gracemorrissey5

Disney Instagram : wdwprincessgracie

If you have any questions about the program feel free to ask! I don’t bite! Maybe just a little….

Just kidding, but really ask me anything!

I’m a firm believe in working for and living out your dreams because anything is possible with a little faith, trust, and pixie dust! I know that as long as I believe in myself I can do anything I set out to do and I’m really looking forward to this journey!

And on that note! I’ll leave it at this and let the good times roll!

“ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!”

Hereee we gooooo!

Continued in Next Post!

**This trip report and my opinions do not reflect those of the Walt Disney Company. This report is written purely as a diary to keep track of my personal adventures. If you ever have any concerns about any of the content, please contact me directly.**

Last edited:
TABLE OF CONTENTS!

The before stuff:

How It All Started: The Application Process
Making It Happen: The School Side of It

The now stuff:

January 2015

On The Road Again - Wednesday, Jaunary 7th 2015
Are We There Yet - Thursday, January 8th 2015
The Start Of Something New - Friday January 9th 2015 (Part 1)
The Start Of Something New - Friday January 9th 2015 (Part 2)
The Start Of Something New - Friday January 9th 2015 (Part 3)
Magical Days - Saturday January 10th 2015 (Part 1)
Magical Days - Saturday January 10th 2015 (Part 2)
Magical Days - Saturday January 10th 2015 (Part 3)
Magical Days - Saturday January 10th 2015 (Part 4)
Marathon Day - Sunday January 11th 2015 (Part 1)
Marathon Day - Sunday January 11th 2015 (Part 2)
It's Really Happening - Monday January 12th 2015
Last Day With Mom - Tuesday January 13th 2015 (Part 1)
Last Day With Mom - Tuesday January 13th 2015 (Part 2)
Last Day With Mom - Tuesday January 13th 2015 (Part 3)
Last Day With Mom - Tuesday January 13th 2015 (Part 4)
Last Day With Mom - Tuesday January 13th 2015 (Part 5)
My First Big Girl Day - Wednesday January 14th 2015 (Part 1)
My First Big Girl Day - Wednesday January 14th 2015 (Part 2)
My First Big Girl Day - Wednesday January 14th 2015 (Part 3)
My First Big Girl Day - Wednesday January 14th 2015 (Part 4)
Traditions - Thursday January 15th 2015
Magic Kingdom Day - Friday January 16th 2015 (Part 1)
Magic Kingdom Day - Friday January 16th 2015 (Part 2)
Grace and Mary Conquer the World! - Saturday January 17th, 2015 (Part 1)
Grace and Mary Conquer the World! - Saturday January 17th, 2015 (Part 2)
Grace and Mary Conquer the World! - Saturday January 17th, 2015 (Part 3)
Grace and Mary Conquer the World! - Saturday January 17th, 2015 (Part 4)
A Worked Filled Few Days - Sunday January 18th - Thursday January 22nd, 2015
Drinking Around The World - Friday January 23rd 2015

It's A Jolly Holiday With Mary - Saturday January 24rd 2015
Welcome To Hollywoodland - Sunday January 25th 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part I) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015

The Update Of All Updates (Part II) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part III) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015

January Video

February 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part IV) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part V) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part VI) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015

The Update Of All Updates (Part VII) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part VIII) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part IX) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part X) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part XI) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part XII) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part XIII) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part XIV) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part XV) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Update Of All Updates (Part XVI) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015
The Start of An All Girls Weekend – Friday February 20th, 2015

It’s An Enchanted, Freezing Race! – Saturday February 21st, 2015 (Part I)
It’s An Enchanted, Freezing Race! – Saturday February 21st, 2015 (Part II)
It’s An Enchanted, Freezing Race! – Saturday February 21st, 2015 (Part III)
A Royal Dinner - Sunday February 22nd, 2015
The Last Days With Helen and Mom – Monday, February 23rd – Tuesday, February 24th

The Final February Days – Wednesday February 25th, - Saturday February 28th, 2015

February Video

Last edited:
CAST LIST
A place for all the wonderful people who make my amazing experience even grander!

MOMMA!

This is Donna, my lovely mother, who has been taking me to Disney World since I was in the womb! She's the best and she is driving down to Florida with me! As well as coming to visit me in February and April! Honestly my mom is the coolest and there's no competition.

Roomies!!!!

These ladies are my lovely roommates!

ZOE

Zoe is one of my roommates, with the initial plan of being in 2 person bedrooms her and I were supposed to be immediate roommates. Before the start of the DCP, she had never been to Disney before! She's working QSFB in EPCOT.

LAURA

Laura works Merchandise in Animal Kingdom, we like to go to the parks... and eat... and meet characters.

MARY

Mary works Attractions on Sunset Boulevard, we like to go on adventures, and spontaneous trips to the parks for food.

KAYLEE... and andrew

Kaylee is mine and Zoe's third roommate, she works QSFB in EPCOT, also. AND she'd only ever been to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom before!

ALEXIS

Alexis works Merchandise in Downtown Disney!

Other Friends!

PETER

Peter is my friend from home! He works in the Magic Kingdom and I love him dearly because he's sassy and he keeps me sane.

ANDREW

Andrew is Kaylee's friend from home, he did a CP last semester and is now doing a Professional Internship (PI) working in the recruiting office for the DCP.

JULIA

Julia and I work together at the lovely All Stars, we're both sassy and sarcastic and we get along very well.

Last edited:
yayy!! can't wait to follow along with your adventures! I'll be there in 11 days! maybe ill run into you!!

YAY, Grace, so glad you're doing a TR for your DCP. I know it will be tough to maintain once you get rolling, but hopefully you'll be able to update from time to time. Really anxious to hear where you get assigned. It's almost time!!!!!! :goodvibes

Joining in! Applying for Fall 2015 so I'm excited to hear all about your experience right up before I (hopefully) get to do this too! :mickeyjum

It's an amazing adventure. My DS20 was accepted to the WDW DCP Spring Advantage 2014 and worked as a front desk cashier at the hotels. He absolutely loved it! It was an experience of a lifetime.

Best of luck to you! Enjoy the experience!

Oh Grace, how exciting!!! Best wishes for a completely magical DCP!! :smickey: Can't wait to read all about it!

Joining in!

Congrats on the beginning of your new adventure! I definitely look forward to hearing all about your time doing the DCP :) I also followed you on Instagram :)

Congratulations!

Also, I was reading your bio really fast on thought you wrote, "I'm a communications major studying FLYNN."

Clearly Tangled has my brain... :rolleyes:

I'm in. Looking forward to following along on your grand adventure.

Look forward to reading more. My daughter is also going to DCP in 2 weeks. It is so exciting! I can't wait to hear what a great time all of you have!

I'll join in on the fun. I did the DCP in Fall of 2009 and just teared up reading your intro. I met my best friends down there and the experience COMPLETELY changed me and my life. I am so excited to see it through another's eyes.

Oh, and I'm running the Princess half down there next month! Will you be participating in that event?

EEEE! So happy and excited for you!

yayy!! can't wait to follow along with your adventures! I'll be there in 11 days! maybe ill run into you!!

Thank you! Yes! If you see me say hi!!

YAY, Grace, so glad you're doing a TR for your DCP. I know it will be tough to maintain once you get rolling, but hopefully you'll be able to update from time to time. Really anxious to hear where you get assigned. It's almost time!!!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks Rob!! I definitely will find time, I love writing about Disney so it's not too hard to make the time! I can't wait to find out where I am too!

Joining in! Applying for Fall 2015 so I'm excited to hear all about your experience right up before I (hopefully) get to do this too! :mickeyjum

Thanks for joining! Good luck on your application!

It's an amazing adventure. My DS20 was accepted to the WDW DCP Spring Advantage 2014 and worked as a front desk cashier at the hotels. He absolutely loved it! It was an experience of a lifetime.

Best of luck to you! Enjoy the experience!

I'm really looking forward to it! Thank you!

Woohoo! :yay: Have an amazing time!

Thank you!

Looking forward to following along with your adventure!

Thank you!!!

Oh Grace, how exciting!!! Best wishes for a completely magical DCP!! :smickey: Can't wait to read all about it!

Thank you and thank you for joining!

Wow, so exciting! Looking forward to following along on your adventure!

Thank you!

Joining in!

Congrats on the beginning of your new adventure! I definitely look forward to hearing all about your time doing the DCP :) I also followed you on Instagram :)

Thank you I'm really excited! Instagram will definitely be a more up-to-date chronicle haha! Thanks for following and joining!

I'll be there starting February 2nd! Living vicariously through this until then :D

Yay! Maybe we'll cross paths!

Congratulations!

Also, I was reading your bio really fast on thought you wrote, "I'm a communications major studying FLYNN."

Clearly Tangled has my brain... :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh! HAHA that's so funny! Flynn is always on my mind sooooo :lovestruc

I'm in. Looking forward to following along on your grand adventure.

Thank you!! I'm very excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter