DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM! A Spring 2015 DCP Adventure! NEW 8/1 x2

I just remember reading your August trip report with your mom and now the College Program...that's awesome. I wish I had known about the college program when I was in college.

Love it! I did my CP Fall 2013 (which feels like yesterday so I'm sad its already a year and a half ago). I worked in merchandise as well at the Boardwalk resort! Also, I didn't get any school credit either but I was glad because I would not want to have anything to do with classes during my free time. Enjoy the absolute best journey of your life, it goes very quickly so cherish the moments as much as you can :)

p.s. I followed you on instagram!

The Start Of Something New - Friday January 9th, 2015 (Part 1)

We woke up relatively early, got ready, and packed the car back up and headed to have breakfast with my friend Helen.

We went to a little café that’s well known in Savannah, we had kolaches which were like a pastry with a cooked egg in the middle and I had horchata which was sweetened milk with cinnamon and something else over ice, both were good.

We chatted some more then we headed downtown to get honey and macarons before we hit the road. We were on the road a little before noon and we hit Florida about an hour in.

Hooray finally! HOME!

FL snappy

I’m big on offering to take pictures for people who are trying to get a shot of their whole group together, and we always seem to chat it up a little with people after. I offered to take a picture for the couple who were standing at the sign, and the kind man took this photo for us, and it turns out he used to be a photographer back in his day!

We headed inside and had a little fun… probably more fun than should be had at the Florida welcome center… alas.

Hey Mr. Astronaut, OJ?

DISNEY!

Continued in Next Post

The Start Of Something New – Friday January 9th, 2015 (Part 2)

We hit the road again after a little break at the Welcome Center and we started our journey off with some delicious chocolate. Milka rocks, the UK does it better, just saying.

Then we drove and drove and drove and drove some more.

First sign of anything Disney!

ORLANDO IS THAT YOU!

HONEY, I’M HOMEEEE!

Home for the next few days

Our MagicBand choices, usually I go with pink but I felt like mixing it up a little.

Disney rugs are my favorite

So we checked in, got our room number, found out we were in the 70’s (woot woot, disco!) and we went and parked the car, got all our stuff out of the car, lugged it to the room, got to the door, and there was a “Do Not Disturb” sign hanging from the door…

Yikes. So we knock? Yup we knock… I guess. Then I tried my MagicBand. Like they said this was our room, we double-checked the number written down, and triple checked, and quadruple checked. No go. So we lugged all of stuff back to the main building. Went to the front desk, and a CM sorted it all out. Someone wrote down one wrong digit. Ugh.

So we headed back, all our belongings in tow. As I’m walking out the door I GUESS my mom was calling after me to wait, but I didn’t hear here and I was so determined to get to the room that I just kept walking. I got outside and turned around and she wasn’t there. She came out laughing hysterically moments later about how she was calling after me. She had forgotten her MagicBand at the desk and had to go run and get it. That silly Mom of mine.

We eventually made it to the room. Still in the 70’s, still on the same floor, just the other side of the building. We dropped off all our stuff, but not before I took pictures! Then we headed back out and off to the Poly for some food.

Beds for sleeping!

Chairs for sitting!

TV for Stacying!

Seventies for remembering!

Bathroom for bath!

A mirror for picturing!

A door for leaving.

Continued in Next Post

The Start Of Something New - Friday January 9th, 2015 (Part 3)

We left Pop and headed over to the Polynesian to eat dinner and watch the fireworks.

I love the Polynesian, we stayed their when I went on one of my first trips as wee babe so I don’t remember it other than pictures, but I always want to stay there. And as a kids, my sister and I spent some amazingly fun nights in the Peter Pan Club which is now Lilo themed, I did poke my head in though and it’s still got the Pan vibe and looks pretty much exactly how I remember it.

This was our first time seeing the lobby without the walls up since our 2013 trip, and personally I was pretty underwhelmed by it. I liked the old grand fountain better, not to say this isn’t pretty.

We headed upstairs and over to Kona Island Café. I’d been craving sushi for a week and I knew the place to get it was Kona!

We found seats at the window, we ordered, and while we were waiting I saw a familiar face poke around the corner to see if any seats were open. I was like “hey I know him!” (not like really, but like I Dis-know him, same thing right?) Then I turned my head a little more and I saw Julie (JulieODC) who’s trip reports I always read and enjoy so I scurried over and said hi and introduced myself and we chatted for a minute. It was really nice to meet her and her family!

I went back to the table and our food came out shortly after. Mom and I shared a Shrimp Tempera Roll and the California Luau Roll. Both were really good, but the Shrimp Tempera was amazing. I loved it.

The California Luau said it had pineapple in it, which was why we ordered it, because how often does your plain old California roll at home have pineapple in it? Never! But we didn’t really get a pineapple taste from it. It was still really good though!

After finished our food we wandered around the resort and gift shops a bit, then headed towards the beach. They were showing Tangled on a big screen.

Then Wishes started!

I just love Wishes okay! There were three men set up next to us with cameras and a GoPro and we had talked a little about the GoPro before the show, and then after the show we were chatted. The guy I was talking to was Dustin, and mom was talking to Pete Werner. Like of wdwinfo, DisUplugged and the Dis. Small world! Two Dis interactions in one day! They were both really nice. Dustin and I were talking about the College Program a bit. I love how past CPs love the program so much and love talking about it!

We headed back to the hotel and to the room, it was still pretty early but we were fairly tired, so we just rested up and went to bed early.

Continued in Next Post

Magical Days -Saturday January 10th, 2015 (Part 1)

We woke up fairly early we didn’t really have a plan for the day so we weren’t too concerned.

We hadn’t bought our tickets yet because we decided for the first times in our lives not to over plan, not typical Mom and I. We got to the concierge desk with no plans or ideas of where we wanted to go for the day/ next few days. So we purchased 3 day park hoppers and the concierge scored us some FP+ for MK, then EPCOT the next day, and DHS for Tuesday. Woot woot!

So we headed to the bus platform with intentions of going to either EPCOT or DHS, so we hopped in line for one of them. Then five minutes went by and we thought, “Well there’s an MK bus just sitting there soooo…” so we went over to Magic Kingdom!

When we got there and spotted garland we were super excited because we’d never seen a Disney Christmas before in the flesh!

YAY!

We hopped in line for Marie because I love her and she was coming out soon, but Minnie was still meeting so we watched her have some cute meets. I ditched Mom in line to go run over and see the Main Street performers!

Yay for Christmas!

This is superrr creepy, but this girl had run the half marathon that morning and she almost didn’t get to meet Minnie cause they were cutting off the line, but she was the final guest to meet Minnie and we were super excited for her!

AND I loved her outfit!

Marie came out and I was super duper excited to see her because I have loved her since I can remember!

After meeting my girl Marie we headed over to grab Mom a birthday pin!! WOO! Her birthday isn’t til the 18th but that’s actually close enough to celebrate.

Art work by me, thank you, thank you for the applause!

They still had the Days til Christmas countdown up but I forgot to take a picture! Ugh! Only 354 days!

Sorry I’m not sorry, I just really love this tree. Like WOW!

We finally headed down Main Street, making some new friends along the way!

I love these two! Victoria (in the orange) talked with us about being from Massachusetts, she’s a Revere (“Rah-veeeer”) girl. I can’t remember the other woman’s name, it’s on the tip of my tongue, but I just can’t remember it!

We talked about the college program, they gave me some great advice and we really enjoyed chatting with them!

Continued in Next Post

Magical Days - Saturday January 10, 2015 (Part 2)

We headed into Starbucks to get some breakfast, I had a latte and a ham and Swiss croissant sandwich thing. Both were good.

We ate our breakfast quick and then wandered around, we were headed towards Fantasyland but couldn’t go through the castle. I saw Alice was out so we went over and hopped in line! We met a CM in line and chatted with her a bit, she worked merchandise and she was really excited for me!

Alice invited Mom and I to a tea party for Mom’s birthday, usually it’s a celebration for unbirthdays with unbirthday cake, but she said Hatter would make an exception for Mom.

We were really just wandering around, it was extremely crowded and besides our fastpasses we didn’t have too much planned. We ended up in Fantasyland with some, I’m not sure what they’re actually called, Citizens of Fantasyland.

This lady was a riot, she was singing a lullaby to a sixteen year old girl sitting in a carriage, it was too funny.

Then we headed over to the Tavern to meet my boyfriend.

Oh HEY!

A guy was wearing a half marathon medal standing about 15 feet away and during the middle of a meet he screamed out “WHY ARE YOU WEARING A MEDAL?” the guy responded “Because I ran a half marathon” “THEY GAVE YOU A WHOLE MEDAL FOR A HALF MARATHON?! You didn’t even run the whole thing! You couldn’t finish it! Wow.”

Blowing kisses

He asked me if the “G” on my necklace was for Gaston.

“You know why I can tell you’re so excited to see me? BECAUSE YOU’RE BLUSHING UNCONTROLLABLY!!!”

That was so much Gaston, but like I’m not even sorry.

After Gaston we wandered back through Fantasyland and stumbled upon Fairy Godmother!

She was great and sweet per usual! We continued on the meeting character trend and headed to the circus, and met Donald and Goofy with intentions of meeting Minnie and Daisy too but there line kept growing and growing so we passed on that!

We swam over to hangout with the best mer-friend around!

Chatting about dinglehoppers and our hair, you know, girl stuff.

We headed over to Friar’s Nook to try something I had seen on Pinterest a long long time ago!

Pot Roast Mac’ and Cheese!

It was super good, definitely worth a try! We really enjoyed this, and it was a nice change from the regular park food! And very filling even though we just split it!

Continued in Next Post

Magical Days - Saturday January 10th, 2015 (Part 3)

We were just wandering around the park when we noticed that the Jungle Cruise was still the JINGLE Cruise!! EEP! I’d never been on a Jingle Cruise!

I loved the queue, it was so cute and very festive!

I also love how the “change” all the boat names, we were on Sleigh Ride Sadie. Our Skipper was Chelsea and she was awesome! Mom and I even put in a comment card on how awesome she was when we were leaving the park later in the day!

ELEPHANTS and Skipper Chelsea sorta!

“Now that’s not something you see everyday… unless you’re me.”

We departed our cruise and made our way towards Main Street to stake out a spot for Festival of Fantasy. When we came in August it was too hot for us to watch the parade, I’m not being dramatic it was like 100 degrees, so Mom was really looking forward to seeing it this time!

While we were waiting for the parade to start a CM came over and tried to get Mom to come out into the street, Mom was super confused then figured it out! They were gonna sing Happy Birthday, she kindly told him she didn’t want everyone to sing to her, a lot of people giggled, but then the whole crowd of us sang to a little boy for his birthday!

The boss man! Aw he’s so cute!

Ugh, I love FoF. The costumes, the music, the floats, everything! LOVE IT!

Continued in Next Post

Magical Days - Saturday January 10th, 2015 (Part 4)

We headed over to use our first FP+. The lines for scanning the bands make it seem so crazy. Personally not a fan of FP+, I miss the paper Fastpasses, but what can you do.

Mom forgot where the camera was, silly Mom.

After Space Mountain, which was awesome as always, we headed over to PeopleMover and I kid you not we waited in line. Yup. That’s how busy the park was today.

Upon arriving back in Tomorrowland after our journey we headed over to Columbia Harbor House for a bite to eat! On our way there we stopped and chatted with my friend Peter who is a CP that extended his program to the spring and his friend Corin, a past CP who is living in Orlando and waiting to apply for a job at Disney! It was really great chatting with them, they gave me a lot of good advice, and calmed my nerves quite a bit! We parted ways and Mom and I continued on for food!

We shared a clam chowder and we both got fried shrimp plates. All the CMs started singing happy birthday to Mom once our food was ready.

After food it was time for our next FP+, and it was a great last minute snag!

It was a good ride, SDMT had been down most of the day so the FP+ and the normal lines were both particularly long.

We headed over and jumped in line to meet my girls Punzie and Cindy, these two are my absolutely favorites, I love them so much and always have so much fun when I get to spend some time with them!

Punzie and I send a selfie to my friend Josh who adores her!

Just chatting about shoes, of course!

Cindy concluded that if her slippers were as bright as my shoes she never would’ve lost it! But then she wouldn’t have found her prince so it’s okay.

We decided to wander around some more, this time through the Emporium and Main Street shops. We looked for a book I wanted to get my niece, we looked at Pandora and Alex and Ani’s, and we looked at some CMs pins.

We hung around Main Street and found a spot to watch the parade and made sure it was near out favorite fireworks viewing spot!

The temperature had really dropped at this point and I hate to say it, but I was really cold. Like you can’t be cold in Florida! Especially when it’s 10 degrees at home! I was sitting on the ground and it was much warmer down there haha!

Once the parade ended we scurried over to the line at the end of Main Street. Honestly the perfect viewing spot because no one can stand in front of the line/ in front of you so no one is blocking you! It’s great!

There were lots of “new to me” additions in Celebrate the Magic! I’d never seen the Jungle Book or Lion King parts! There was no Frozen!! And there was some Christmas/Holiday magic in there! Loved it!

Soon enough it was time for the best part of the day/night/week/month/year! WISHES!

AH love Wishes!

Then. The most MAGICAL THING HAPPENED!

I

MET

TALKING MICKEY MOUSE!!!!!!!!!

He giggled, he told jokes, he sang! HE DOES EVERYTHING!

Wow. I was just in awe! Like “No that didn’t just happen!” but oh wait it did!

While I was still on my Talking Mickey high, we popped over to use our Tink FP+!

Tink was flitterific! So bubbly and fun! A lifetime fave for me!

The park was open til 1 am but we were too tired to stay up any later! We were out of the park before 10. Ya I know! CRAZY!

We hopped on a bus back, we were the last two people to squish on the bus before they started turning people away, then we headed back “home”. We stopped in the food court and grabbed some treats then headed off to bed!

Continued in Next Post

Joining too! It's so cold in mass it's nice to hear about some warmer temps. I never did the dcp but I think my college made it tough to get credit too.

Thanks for joining! It's sooo cold up north at home, I'm very lucky to be down here!

You know it's bad when 9 degrees feels warm compared to our frigid New England temps! ;)

I know! Silly weather!

Great start, can't wait to read more! Do you know where you will be working yet?? I hope you have a great first week of your program! I remember mine like it was yesterday, I would go back and do it again in a heartbeat if I could!! By far the best experience of my life!!

I just found out where I'm working! I'll post it tomorrow hopefully! Thank you! I'm so glad that everyone enjoys their programs so much! I was really nervous about it at first, but I'm getting more excited than nervous. Or maybe I'm just tricking myself into thinking I'm not nervous!

I just remember reading your August trip report with your mom and now the College Program...that's awesome. I wish I had known about the college program when I was in college.

Thank you for reading! It's a great opportunity, I'm definitely glad I decided to do it!

Love it! I did my CP Fall 2013 (which feels like yesterday so I'm sad its already a year and a half ago). I worked in merchandise as well at the Boardwalk resort! Also, I didn't get any school credit either but I was glad because I would not want to have anything to do with classes during my free time. Enjoy the absolute best journey of your life, it goes very quickly so cherish the moments as much as you can :)

p.s. I followed you on instagram!

Thank you! I'm really excited for this experience! Thanks for reading and following!

Loving your trip report so far! It's definitely helping to make the next couple weeks fly by.

Those kolaches look yum!

Yay for making it to Disney!!

Love your photos of Wishes from the Poly.

Love all yor pics on Main Street :)

You met so many characters, awesome!

Sounds like a great MK day, you guys did a lot and got to see Wishes & MSEP!!

Yay for a lot of new updates :)

You met sooo many characters in one day! Awesome!
That Gaston meet.... :rotfl2:

Can't wait to read more!!

&& don't worry.. I was nervous the first few days after I moved in! I ended up having a great first week!! It will all start to seem normal after your assessment and you start working!

I just found your trip report. I look forward to reading more about your adventures in then CP.
Liz

Hi there! I am really enjoying your TR! I am very excited for you to start your program. I did the college program about a million years ago (ok, 10 years) in the fall of 2005. I worked quick service food & beverage at MK. It was truly one of the best experiences I ever had - and I made friends that I still keep in touch with to this day! I'm sure you are going to have an amazing time :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more about it!

Good luck and enjoy every minute of the College Program. I'm looking forward to reading along.

That's so great that you got the Welcome to Florida photo. It kinda feels necessary. And the Welcome Center apparently is like Club Cool with Orange Juice.

Ahhhh. Two weeks and I get to see that beautiful POP sign again. It's been far too long.

"TV for Stacying!" :love:

Wow, just arrived and first DISmeet already. How lovely to run into Julie like that. And double WOW, Dustin and especially Pete are pretty much the ultimate DISmeet.

Gee Whiz Grace, everything just seems to be falling so into place. A picture with Mayor Weaver as you get ready to start DCP. How perfect.

Honestly, this to me was just a perfect first full Disney day to kick off your DCP journey. Wishes needed to be part of that since as you know, Wishes is the best thing on the planet. And finishing off the night chatting with your new boss... yeah... perfect. :goodvibes

Looks like you're having a lot of fun before check-in day! That's so awesome you got to meet Dustin and Pete! Love listening to the DISUnplugged! I've talked with a few over twitter and they definitely seem like a very friendly bunch. So glad you liked Festival of Fantasy, it's basically my new favorite thing in Disney. :mickeyjum

Best of luck with check-in day! :goodvibes

Congratulations on getting into the college program! I love your trip report and can't wait to follow along. I'll be headed to the world in 3 weeks to help my DD20 check in for the college program. She's assigned to quick service food and beverage. Then my dd21 is a cast member at Belle's. She has been living and working there since July and loves it. I hope your 1st week is going great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter