DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM! A Spring 2015 DCP Adventure! NEW 8/1 x2

The Last Days With Helen and Mom – Monday, February 23rd – Tuesday, February 24th

Monday February 23rd, 2015

Seeing as this was in February my memory is a little hazy. I believe I had work in the evening this day, so Mom, Helen, and I went to Animal Kingdom in the morning. I believe we just walked around, saw Festival of the Lion King and Nemo and went on Safari.

You can see the baby gorilla tucked in the mother’s arms!

We took the train up to the conservation station. Where I learned about Poo Poo Paper and was so infatuated and in love with it. No one else seems to be though! (It’s notebooks made from recycled elephant poop! Gross but SO COOL! I bought one!)

I even tweeted “Today I bought a journal that's made out of recycle elephant poop and like its the highlight of my week probably” like I was so excited!

This little guy was tipped over so we went to find someone who could help him out.

I LOVE ELEPHANTS!!

The lioness was up and about which was cool cause I rarely see the lions awake.

I left and went to work, which I have a few pictures from. It was my friend Gabi’s last shift of her ICP before she headed back to Brazil! She was one of my favorite co-workers! I was really sad she was leaving.

Gabi

Julia and I on break

I think I worked til 1am and then walked over to the room to go to sleep.

Tuesday, February 24th, 2015

We had reservations at Kona so we got up and headed over to the Polynesian.

I got the Big Kahuna because… well just look at this picture and you’ll know why.

This is in all seriousness my favorite meal on Disney property. Maybe tied with Le Cellier but even that is iffy. I used to be a big Tonga Toast girl, I was on the train, maybe even the conductor. I loved me some Tonga Toast. Then my dad tried the Big Kahuna and I don’t think you could ever find a more perfect meal.

Okay, end love story.

We walked over to the Grand Flo to check it out and walk around with Helen.

That lifeguard was a riot. His job for the day was to just stand there and tell people that the pool is closed, you could tell he was bored out of his mind and he was trying to strike up conversation with every group that walked by. It was too funny. We stood on the balcony and watched for a bit.

We must’ve gone back to the hotel to chill and then eat lunch because I have this picture of food. I’m not really sure though!

At some point we headed over to Magic Kingdom, when we got off the bus I saw two of my favorite designers walking towards me. I was freaking out! I knew they were in Disney because they were posting so many pictures but I never figured I’d see them!

If you’ve heard of KJP bracelets, those braided ropes with the anchors, this is KJP and Sarah Vickers. WALKING RIGHT AT ME. I was freaking out, I wanted to say something and ask for a picture but the Cast Member in me was like, no they’re on vacation they look tired don’t bother them. So I just snuck a quick discrete picture and internally freaked out.

We headed into the park and did some park things. Haha I’m honestly not too sure what we did. I do know we got a killer spot for the fireworks though! Of course it was a day I didn’t bring my camera!

“The days when I get the best wishes spot are the days I never have my camera, oh whale ”

They had been doing a lot of construction on the hub so there was a big block around the Partners statue so we were right up against the wall there and no one could stand in front of us!

We headed back after the fireworks. Mom and Helen were leaving in the morning and I think I had work that morning too.

Continued in next post!

Last edited:

The Final February Days – Wednesday February 25th, - Saturday February 28th, 2015

Wednesday February 25th, 2015

I was back on my own and I’m assuming I had to work earlier in the day today or I was just lazy and did nothing (or homework) all day.

This night a couple of us went and saw McFarland, USA which I LOVED! I’m a runner, and I love sports movies, especially motivating stories that get the feels going!

Zoe and I stopped in the Candy Cauldron which is so conveniently located by the movie theater and I got a mickey rice krispy because I love them. The cashier was on a CP also and trying to chat us up but I was grumpy and going to be late for the movie so I wasn’t really having any of it. Sorry Candy Cauldron CP I should’ve been nicer.

[

After the movie I think we popped in some DTD stores, I saw these and loved them because I love Drizella and Anastasia. If I collected vinylmation I would have totally got these.

Thursday February 26th, 2015

Apparently this day didn’t exist because I have absolutely no photographic evidence of it.

OH WAIT I FOUND TWEETS!

THIS WAS THE DAY ZOE RAN OUT OF GAS!

"Zoe yesterday: "my car says empty but it won't run out of gas it can't run out"
Zoe today: "um i ran out of gas I'm on the side of the road"”

YESS!! Zoe got about 2 minutes away from the apartment and ran out of gas and I had to go to the gas station, buy a red thingy for gas, fill it with gas, and go rescue her! I know I have photo evidence of this somewhere! IT WAS GLORIOUS. I was laughing the whole time and we were on the side of a really busy road. It was hilarious.

Than I went to work and was super early apparently.

Friday February 27th, 2015

This is another day that pretty much ceases to exist. I went grocery shopping at Winn Dixie (which we do not have at home so that was fun) and bought way too much and spent way too much money but c’est la vie.

I had work this night and I worked floorstock with my friend Rachel from Australia.

Rachel shared her dinner with me and it was delicious

Work fun

Saturday, February 28th, 2015

I had the day off and decide to go out and have fun by my lonesome. I went and got an oil change because I desperately needed one. Yay for being adult like. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and looked around a bit and I went to Salvation Army and Kohl’s and a couple other places. There are so many stores and shopping areas in Kissimmee that I just had to!

I found this really awesome bed sheet at Salvation Army to turn into a skirt for my niece! And it was only like $3.

After my shopping I went home and watched some movies with Mary I think. We watched Tangled and something else.

Then Kaylee and I went to Taco Bell and I made a fool of myself and the employee’s were thoroughly entertained. We went specifically for this new dessert that TBell was coming out with and it was supposedly out. And then when we got there and I RAN into the store rambling about how I needed this crunch thing, the employees had absolutely no idea what I was talking about and they just had to laugh. The manager knew though and told us it hadn’t been launched yet. UGH mislead by twitter AGAIN!

It’s okay though we got some food, and went home and watched (another) movie.

And with that February came to a close.

Here's the video I made for February for those who haven't seen it!

Continued in next post!

Last edited:
considering how much fun i have had simply reading your thread, you must have had a blast!

thanks for sharing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter