DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM! A Spring 2015 DCP Adventure! NEW 8/1 x2

Firstly, my condolences on your grandmother. I hope you are finding some peace.

Secondly, I've been lurking on your thread but hadn't posted. Then I saw your friend (Kaylee I think) had a shirt from my alma mater (I thought, but upon closer inspection decided it was the school on the opposite side of the state!!) and thought "oh I should post something". Then I saw your Chi O shirt and I HAD to post! I was an active many moons ago, but now I advise a chapter in CT. :)

Wow!! What an update!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. So sad. I'm glad Disney is so understanding about letting you have some time off. And how nice to get to go back to Florida after all that snow!! I'm loving reading about your adventures and meeting characters and getting to do things so many times. Sigh...maybe when I retire :)

Thank you. Yes the escape from the snow was extremely nice! And I was only there for four days! I can't imagine being up there throughout it all!!!! I am not a snow and cold person!

Looks like you've been quite busy!

Yes! I definitely have!! Haha!

So sorry to hear about your grandmother :(

Sounds like a fun day at AK!

Wow those early wake ups must've been brutal!

Mmm Baked By Melissa cupcakes!! So sweet of your mom.

SO cool that you got to see Rob!

WOAH that rain at MK! Good thing you were about to go on an indoor ride!

Such cute pics of Chip & Dale at Epcot!

Fun Valentine's morning/afternoon with characters! Love that you brought Duffy with you. The pic of Mickey holding him - so cute! I love the ones with Daisy and Minnie too. So cute that Duffy got a first visit button too!

Can't wait to hear about the race!

You certainly have been busy and I'm glad you're enjoying your time there so far!! :)

Thank you. AK was great! I don't go all the time so it's nice to go and see things again, it's so different from the other parks I love it! Yes the 5 am's we brutual! Valentine's Day was so much fun!! I was so glad I brought Duffy! It was a great day!

WOW! That was a huge update!! I'm finally all caught up! I've been such a bad DISer lately!! oops!!! But I loved all your updates and it seems like you're having a magical time!!

Haha yes I always am like oh no everyone's going to be mad at me for being so far behind!!! Thank you!

Oh my Grace, I had no idea your Grandmother passed away. I'm so sorry. My condolences to you and family.

Interesting AK day since I often use this day to head to MGM for Fantasmic as well.

One Man's Dream... Cried... Yup. Sunglasses mandatory.

YAY DISmeet!! Always extra special when the DISer is also a CM! And I still adore Matt for his acrobatics in the background!! That still cracks me up. I was super glad to finally find you since I had hit all the other All Star stores first. Third times a charm!

Hahaha, I love that the PP frand got in the pics. Super awesome.

That Tigger/Pooh meet and greet in the UK. Possibly the best in Disney. Just sayin'.

My goodness, just so much fun. I need to live in Disney.

YAY for our DISmeet! WOO! Matt is great, that was such a fun mix up in the day! Yes that PP was so funny! All the other PPs seemed annoyed by him but I thought he was great! YES LIVE IN DISNEY!

Wow, that was a serious update!! it looks like you are having a great experience!!

So sorry about your Grandma :-(

It's been lots of fun! Thank you.

Love all the updates!

It looks like you and your friends are having a great time!

Thank you! It's so much fun!

Firstly, my condolences on your grandmother. I hope you are finding some peace.

Secondly, I've been lurking on your thread but hadn't posted. Then I saw your friend (Kaylee I think) had a shirt from my alma mater (I thought, but upon closer inspection decided it was the school on the opposite side of the state!!) and thought "oh I should post something". Then I saw your Chi O shirt and I HAD to post! I was an active many moons ago, but now I advise a chapter in CT. :)

Thank you. Welcome!!! Kaylee is from Michigan, are you from there too?! I am sad to say I am actually not in Chi O, literally breaks my heart, my school does not have a chapter, or sororities for that matter :sad1::sad2::sad:! But all of my best friends are, I have so many friends at different schools that are all Chi O and I just wish I was too! I'm Chi O at heart! Have even thought about transferring to a school with greek life! That's awesome that you advise though! Where in CT?! I'm from Mass!

The Start of An All Girls Weekend – Friday February 20th, 2015

Mom and her friend Helen were flying in today to come and hang out with me and cheer my on at the race! I woke up at about 10:00 and did my laundry then headed out to go pick them up at the airport. They landed at about 12:30 and I was there circling around the terminal to pick them up. We headed my apartment so I could get my close then headed over to All Star Movies to check in, saw the room, dropped everything off. We headed straight for Hollywood Studios!

We grabbed lunch on Sunset Boulevard and then scooted over to Beauty and the Beast. We had fastpass for the show but we didn’t make it in time, no biggie, we got a seat in the back!

Untitled

During the middle of the show Mrs. Potts let us know there would be a little delay. The stage was little slippery I guess. This guy was great, everyone clapped and applauded when he walked by, so he started waving, then he did a little dance, then bowed.

The show’s back on!

A quick pic on Sunset

We headed over to One Man’s Dream and then on to the Animation Pavilion.

The multi plane camera is the coolest thing to, it’s just so awesome, I can’t even explain it.

Two of my most favorite people

We watched One Man’s Dream which I love, I can’t believe I’d never watched that before this year. Then it was time to go say hi to Oscar.

I didn’t touch it cause I figure it’s bad luck, like how it’s bad like for hockey players to touch the Stanley Cup before they win it. I didn’t want to jinx the already slim chance I have on winning one of these babies by touching it!

We rode the Great Movie Ride and watched Muppets then went over to Mama Melrose for dinner. It was really cold outside so we got there early and just waited inside for a while. Kaylee met up with us for dinner. It was everyone’s first time eating there!

Kaylee’s pizza

My chicken parm (SO GOOD)

Mom’s pasta with shrimp!

Helen’s pasta!

We all really enjoyed the food! The rolls were great too! Nothing spoke to me dessert wise, probably because I was stuffffed! We headed out and the park was already closed. The Fantasmic crowd was just letting out but we were able to hop on the first tram.

We drove Kaylee back to the apartment, I ran in and grabbed some clothes and stuff I had forgotten, and then we headed back to the hotel and got in bed. I had to get up at like 3 for the race so I got in bed at like 10, I couldn’t fall asleep until like 1 though!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

It’s An Enchanted, Freezing Race! – Saturday February 21st, 2015 (Part I)

I woke up at 3 and got out of bed and scurried around getting ready for the race. I didn’t have a fun outfit planned or anything, I didn’t even have a throw away shirt OOPS! I wish I had because it was really cold this morning! But mom got up too and she decided she’d drive over with me!

I brought a sweatshirt and a blanket, and I wore the race shirt they gave us, running leggings and earwarmers. Mom hung out with me in the waiting area before the race and then took my sweatshirt when it was finally time for me to go get in the corral. There were space heaters that everyone was gathered under. (I guess this is the first time they’ve ever done that, someone was telling me they did not have that in January and it was much colder).

We chatted with the people around us at the space heater and they were really nice! It was great chatting with them! Then it was time to go over and get in the corral! I waited until about 5:05/5:10 to actually go get in the corral.

4 AM is such a great time!

New friends!

The wheelchairs went, then A went, then my corral! B!

And we’re off!!

As someone who runs a lot and races competitively it was hard for me in the beginning because everyone was at a slow jog and I just wanted to run, run, run! I weaved and dodged around people until I was out of the big pack and had room to be free!

ELSA AND ANNA!!! AND SNOWW!!!!

Sorry in advance for the blurry-trying-to-run-and-take-photos pictures you’re about to experience!

EPCOT!

My time for my first mile was about 9 minutes, I had trouble starting my watch at the beginning of the race! I thought it started then realized it hadn’t.

During the first mile I was still pretty cold and my arms were freezing! I didn’t warm up until mile 2 or 3! During the first mile you saw Elsa and Anna on the bridge, then the second mile you could stop for the White Rabbit, and Tinkerbell and Periwinkle. I still was feeling the cold I had over the past week so I really wasn’t feeling the character stops, I just wanted to keep running, I told myself I’d stop for Rapunzel or Flynn if I saw them, or if I saw someone I really like!

My second mile was 8:49

During this mile there was a bit of an incline and there was a big TV screen playing those videos they play on Disney Channel of old cartoons dancing to new songs, I ran by during He Could Be The One by Hannah Montana, throwback!

My third mile was 9:26

We ran through the service entrance to EPCOT here and there were people on stilts then we entered the park through Mexico, I really liked running through the park! I stopped for two pictures while in the park!

10:53 mile time

I ran past Chimney Cricket and someone else in World Showcase and I stopped for a quick pic with Marie in France, she had no line and I needed at least one character meet during the race!

The sun was rising and it was gorgeous!

We ran out of the park onto the Boardwalk! I ran past sporty Donald and Goofy I think!

My time was 10:05 for this mile!

Then it was time for the final 1.2 miles! So I tried to pick it up a bit! I ran past princess Minnie and would’ve loved to stop but the line was so wrong and I really wasn’t feeling well! I was also afraid that if I stopped I wouldn’t start running again!

MILE SIX!!! I didn’t stop my watch here I stopped it at the end of the race.

And here I just sprinted to the end of the race, I really wanted to finish in under an hour, which I did! WOO!! 59:24! With a couple stops and a cold! No too shabby!

This is awful but I’ll share it cause it’s hilarious

I got my medal, got my picture taken, and then headed over to grab a snack box!

Waiting for Mom!

We walked back to the car and I was pretty much dead. We headed back to the hotel!

We got back and I laid down and took like a 3 hour nap!

Continued in next post!

Last edited:
It’s An Enchanted, Freezing Race! – Saturday February 21st, 2015 (Part II)

I woke up from my nap at about 10:30 and took a shower real quick, mom went to the food court and got breakfast and brought it back to the room. I had a croissant and orange juice, yum.

After some food we headed over to Magic Kingdom! We got there right as 12:00 Festival of Fantasy was ending! We went to meet Tink real quick cause she had no line!

We had lunch reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern so we headed over there!

I didn’t realize that lunch wasn’t the same family style serving as dinner but that’s okay we’ll manage! I got turkey anyway!

AND WHAT WE’VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

THE

OOEY

GOOEY

CAKEEE!!!!

If you remember back in August I was extremely sad and disappointed when we were at dinner and they didn’t have the ooey gooey because “it’s only a lunch thing” ugh! But today! I FINALLY GOT IT! And yes it was fabulous!

Continued in next post!

It’s An Enchanted, Freezing Race! – Saturday February 21st, 2015 (Part III)

We headed out of the restaurant and everything had really long lines and FoF was going to start again in about 40 minutes so we just decided to stake out a spot. I was so tired I could’ve laid down and fallen asleep. I started talking to the guy next to me who happened to be a CM he works at Frozen Sing Along.

Then it was time for FoF.

LOVE

Untitled

I love the costumes so much! They’re so creative and detailed I don’t understand how anyone could not appreciate these beauties!

After Festival of Fantasy we headed over to Jungle Cruise to use our Fastpass, we had Skipper Matt and he was great. We got backed up at the end and he was telling jokes and then when he ran out he asked if anyone was celebrating anything and no one said anything so I said I was celebrating running a 10k and he was like “sorry I don’t have a song for that!” So he decided it was someone’s birthday and we sang.

We headed over to meet Gaston afterwards and walked through Fantasyland.

We were going to go over to Tomorrowland and ride the Peoplemover but it was down! So we grabbed a snack, had a seat for a bit, and then we headed over to ride Buzz! Then we headed out of the park and back to the hotel. We had dinner in the food court I believe, and we just went to bed early.

Continued in next post!

So nice your mom and her friend came to visit! And so awesome to have your Mom there during the race.

Cute pic with Marie! That sunset shot in Epcot is SO beautiful. Congrats on your accomplishment, you did a great job! :)

You got so many amazing FOF shots, love them!

43 degrees...I would definitely not be getting up to run (although that would be warmer than anything we have had in Wis since Nov!). Looks like it ended up being a lot of fun though!

I'm just in awe of these races and they do sound like so much fun. I'd heard it had gotten chilly too. Congrats on your under 1 hour time.

There ya go, Casting Agency door photo that you're in!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you. Welcome!!! Kaylee is from Michigan, are you from there too?! I am sad to say I am actually not in Chi O, literally breaks my heart, my school does not have a chapter, or sororities for that matter :sad1::sad2::sad:! But all of my best friends are, I have so many friends at different schools that are all Chi O and I just wish I was too! I'm Chi O at heart! Have even thought about transferring to a school with greek life! That's awesome that you advise though! Where in CT?! I'm from Mass!

Ah well! You are part of a huge fraternity of DCPs now! :) I am from MI, now live in NY and advise at Sacred Heart. Any Chi O friends there?? ;)

Congrats on your race! I would never get up that early for anything - let alone running!!!

So nice your mom and her friend came to visit! And so awesome to have your Mom there during the race.

Cute pic with Marie! That sunset shot in Epcot is SO beautiful. Congrats on your accomplishment, you did a great job! :)

You got so many amazing FOF shots, love them!

Thank you! YES I finally discovered taking photos of FOF on sport mode would be much smarter than on automatic and the difference is wonderful haha!

43 degrees...I would definitely not be getting up to run (although that would be warmer than anything we have had in Wis since Nov!). Looks like it ended up being a lot of fun though!

It was a weee bit chilly hahahah! Yes much much colder where you are!

I'm just in awe of these races and they do sound like so much fun. I'd heard it had gotten chilly too. Congrats on your under 1 hour time.

There ya go, Casting Agency door photo that you're in!!! :thumbsup2

They're so much fun! And yes finally me in the picture! I'll have to take another one when I'm not exhausted!

Ah well! You are part of a huge fraternity of DCPs now! :) I am from MI, now live in NY and advise at Sacred Heart. Any Chi O friends there?? ;)

Congrats on your race! I would never get up that early for anything - let alone running!!!

Ah! I loved Sacred Heart when I toured! So beautiful! No, I don't think I know any Chi O's there! Thank you, the race was a lot of fun!

really loving your report im from the uk and hope to do the ICP in a few years time. well done on completing the race it looked like you had a good time and I loved the medal hahaha cant wait to here more!!

Congrats on the race and a great day!!! I love the medal too!!! That's the ONE place you might get me to run 10K....I've done a few 5K's but not a 10 yet...one day! I love your parade pics too!

Hey Grace, I'm joining in a bit late but I just read the whole thing up to date and it looks like you're having a great time :)

Congrats on running the 10K in under an hour, that's impressive and I can't wait to hear more about all your adventures ::yes::

I am way too far behind to comment on everything, unfortunately, Grace, but I did read it all.

First, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. This is never easy.

I'm so happy you got to meet Rob! That is awesome that you did (I'm hoping to meet him in October).

Wonderful pictures of food, attractions, photopass...with all of your fellow CM's and friends. It sure looks like you are taking full advantage of and enjoying this time in life. Good for you!

really loving your report im from the uk and hope to do the ICP in a few years time. well done on completing the race it looked like you had a good time and I loved the medal hahaha cant wait to here more!!

Thanks for reading along! The race was so much fun I had a great time! Good luck with ICP when your time comes!

Congrats on the race and a great day!!! I love the medal too!!! That's the ONE place you might get me to run 10K....I've done a few 5K's but not a 10 yet...one day! I love your parade pics too!

Thank you! Yes I love that medal, medal's are the best thing about stepping up from 5K the longer the race the cooler swag they usually give you! Thank you!

Hey Grace, I'm joining in a bit late but I just read the whole thing up to date and it looks like you're having a great time :)

Congrats on running the 10K in under an hour, that's impressive and I can't wait to hear more about all your adventures ::yes::

Thanks for joining! Thank you thank you! Hoping to report more adventures soon!

I am way too far behind to comment on everything, unfortunately, Grace, but I did read it all.

First, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. This is never easy.

I'm so happy you got to meet Rob! That is awesome that you did (I'm hoping to meet him in October).

Wonderful pictures of food, attractions, photopass...with all of your fellow CM's and friends. It sure looks like you are taking full advantage of and enjoying this time in life. Good for you!

Aw thank you. I was so excited to meet Rob! It was a great time even though it was short! Thank you, I really am enjoying it here!

So sorry about your grandmother. Never an easy time but harder when your far away.

The update was awesome, especially the race part! Congratulations on running it especially with a cold in the cold!

I DIDN'T DIE! I'M BACK! GET READY FOR SOME UPDATESSSS!

Hi everyone!!!! I know what you must've been thinking these past two months, "Wow Grace totally dropped of the face of the earth exactly like she said she wouldn't!" Yup it happened, I'm dearly sorry, so much as been going on (that I will obviously catch you up on!) that I just kept putting updating to the bottom of my to do list. But I'm here! And I'm going to update everything! And to start you guys off I have videos for January and February for you to check out, if you please! I don't have any written updates for you yet but I promise to have some soon!

January

February

Enjoy those while I get the rest of my life in order, and if you are a user of instagram you can check out my instagram which is a far more update version of my life - wdwprincessgracie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter