• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM! A Spring 2015 DCP Adventure! NEW 8/1 x2

Grace, you joined my TR and I always like to reciprocate and read yours in return. I will be back in a bit to catch up. But let me say how exciting that you will be doing the college program in the Spring. Perhaps I will see you when I'm there in May.

Grace, as promised, I am back and all caught up. Obviously I am way too far behind to comment on everything as I like to do, but here are a few thoughts and then I will stay caught up.

First, congrats on being accepted into the College Program. I could NOT get either one of my boys interested in this. If I had, I would have had AP's a lot sooner.

Love all the adventures you and your mom had on your drive down and while you were able to be at the parks together.

Your friends look like a great bunch and what fun you are all having at the parks, and introducing the newbie to all the fun at the parks.

I love that you made an Epcot adventure of meeting all the characters there on that one particular day.

You are just cute as a button (and appear to be very sweet). I'll be there May 3 - 10 and hope to run into you at one of the parks.

I'm looking forward to following your adventures.

HI!! Thanks for joining!! My mom was the one that really introduced me to the College Program and then other people really did the convincing for me! I knew I would love it once I got here but I always have a hard time leaving, especially having all my friends at my school it was hard to say goodbye and come here, but I am loving every minute of it! My whole family will be here from the 3rd to the 10th also so I'll be in the parks!! Yay!!! Thank you again for joining! I hope to bump into you then!

YAY!! I just found your DCP report...don't know how I missed it until now!

So excited that we made your report -- I'm so glad you noticed us and came to say hi. I was so surprised that someone would recognize me, it threw me for a loop...but DH was so impressed.

I'm so jealous that you guys got to eat the sushi...it was such a tease to be so close, but have no seats.

Loving your report so far -- fun to read all about your adventures!

By the way, I didn't realize you were a MA girl! Me too...grew up here, moved away for grad school in PA and then several years living in DC, but we just made the move back to MA, and love being here! You missed some serious snow this week! :thumbsup2

Hi!! Oh my gosh, I got like so excited when I saw you guys haha I never see Dis people in real life haha it was so cool! I know and right after you left a family got up! Such a bummer, you definitely have to try it next time though! It was such good sushi! Go MA!!! I know, I got to miss out on all that snow (lucky for me though! I'm not really the biggest fan haha!) Thanks for joining!!

Life is rough when you want some ice cream and decide to just run on over to the Magic Kingdom...so jealous!

I know right?!

Sounds like some fun times! When the craving for a Mickey bar strikes you can't ignore it!

EXACTLY!! Thank you!

Yes, that was the one that I was referring to at Pats Place! I live pretty close so we're up there all the time. I love it up there but its so expensive to actually bowl. Luckily they put in a piano bar and no cover before 9 so we can pretend.

I've always wanted to go to the one in DTD too but its so expensive too. I wonder if they're the same price though. It must be so awesome to be able to get the discount and just pop over when you have time. Almost as cool as doing that for the parks.

You sure missed a lot of snow. Pats Place got hit with over 28" I believe and more this weekend. You should try and get some updates in to make us snowbound folks jealous.

I know my school had like 4 snow days over the past week! Crazy!

I'm loving your report. Living vicariously here too....and hoping since I'm too old for the CP...maybe my kids can go work in Canada at Epcot one day..since we're Canadian :) I LOVE that you can just swing by MK or Epcot for an ice cream...and park hop to your heart's content...sounds like such a blast! I hope you enjoy every second. Also it's great that you are documenting everything because sadly I'm sure it will go by all too quickly!

Thanks for reading! It's honestly so amazing being able to just go where we want, we were just talking about it today how it's so nice to just go to the park and do a couple of things and not being stressed to squeeze everything in. It is going by rather fast, it's weird I haven't even been here for three weeks and it feels like I've been living here for months and that I've known my roommates for ever!

Just subscribed and caught up. It looks like you're having an amazing time so far. Not knowing about the existence of the DCP while I was in college is probably my biggest regret in life. I can't wait to read more. Good luck and I hope you enjoy every second :goodvibes

Drinking Around The World! – Friday, January 23rd, 2015

Friday was my day off and Kaylee’s birthday. Laura and Alexis also had the day off so we slept in and then went to Walmart later in the day to get supplies to make cupcakes for Kaylee and other groceries we needed.

After making cupcakes we just hung around the apartment, Laura and I watched The Notebook, had some girl moments, and then she worked on the bucket list.

We got ready and headed over to EPCOT where we were meeting Kaylee, Zoe, Mary, and Andrew.

We waited at the front gate for Andrew, then we went for a quick ride on Figment, and stopped in MouseGears quick to get Kaylee a present.

Laura got a wittle scwared on Figment

Afterwards we met up with the gang in Mexico and Kaylee got her first drink! Yay for being 21!

We sat and ate nachos and watched Illuminations while Kaylee had her margarita. Laura and I ran around to like 7 different places asking if anyone had birthday buttons, which they didn’t! But eventually we found one so no worries.

Norway!

China!

Germany!

Italy!

Morocco!

PSA: We did make Kaylee to try drinks in as many countries as possible. The goal was all of them, which was not completed. But we did not make her drink the entire drink and we all paid for a drink for her so A. we didn’t make her die and B. we didn’t make her broke on her birthday.

Zoe, Andrew, Alexis, and I stopped for fish and chips in England!

After we finished our journey around World Showcase we headed out, we had cupcakes at the apartment for her birthday and then we all went to bed. Solid birthday night, she had a lot of fun and she loved the Ariel mug we got her!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
It’s A Jolly Holiday With Mary – Saturday January 24th, 2015

Zoe, Laura, and I had the day off so we woke up relatively early and headed over to Magic Kingdom. When we got there and the first person we say was Miss Mary Poppins herself! AND her penguins! She was going for a stroll and we were told we were welcome to stroll with her, so we did. We got a picture and then kept strolling, all the way over to the Confectionary.

The penguins were being quite mischievous and wanted all of the sweets. We had a splendid time with Mary and the penguins, she told us we were lovely and that we could stroll with her anytime!

We were so excited about our magical time with Mary that we all called pretty much everyone we know and told them about it cause it was that amazing.

Afterwards we wander about a bit, still in awe of Mary Poppins.

We went over to BTM and got some Mickey pretzels on the way back, then popped on Haunted Mansion (both firsts for Zoe).

Then we popped over for a cruise through the jungle.

\

Philharmagic!

We also did Space Mountain and It’s A Small World (we had FP+) and a few other things I think.

Then we got in line for the Step Family but as soon as we got to the front of the line they switched us out and we met Fairy Godmother instead.

We headed out after this, we really underdressed for this day it was very cold so we were very cold… lol. We went to Cast Connection, I got a sweatshirt for 10 dollars and so did Laura and then Zoe got a couple things for friends and family!

We went back to the apartment and just laid low for the rest of the night.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

Welcome to Hollywoodland- Sunday January 25th, 2015

I slept in a bit, seeing that I had another day off, and they I woke up and watched Something Borrowed, because it was on TV and just lazed around the apartment.

Eventually, after being persuaded by Laura, I got up and we went to Hollywood Studios!

We had nothing planned when we first got there so we headed to Animation Studio! Laura had never done a drawing class before, so we needed to fix that ASAP!

But first we stopped to see our girl Minnie in action!

[ Video of Minnie being adorable]

This girl is tooo presh let me tell you that!

She pointed to Mickey on shirt and started blushing! She just loves him so much! It’s okay girl, I feel you!

We popped over to drawing class next and got to draw Olaf!

Finished products! They’re proudly hanging on our Friday now

We went on Star Tours and Great Movie ride and then headed out. We had spontaneously made Via Napoli reservations as we were waiting for drawing class so we headed out and met up with Mary at Epcot.

YAY FOR MARY!

While we waited for our rezzie, we went over to America and got a funnel cake and saw the American Adventure show.

We headed Via Napoli after and we all shared a pizza and it was delicious and I was so hungry I didn’t even take a picture! After dinner we ran out of the park trying to beat the Illuminations crowd. We headed home and just hung out at the apartment.

Continued in Next Post

Such fun you and all the girls (and Andrew) are having. I'm glad you got to celebrate a 21st in World Showcase; love your interaction with Mary Poppins and the Penugin and what fun pictures with Minnie at the Studios. Where is that Meet and Greet? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Looks like you are having a blast. What are voluntEARS?

I am, thanks! I have heard of voluntEARS but I'm not really sure what they are!

Enjoying your report. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for reading!!

Such fun you and all the girls (and Andrew) are having. I'm glad you got to celebrate a 21st in World Showcase; love your interaction with Mary Poppins and the Penugin and what fun pictures with Minnie at the Studios. Where is that Meet and Greet? I don't think I've ever seen it.

We are having such a blast! We loved Mary!!! That Minnie meet and greet is in the Animation building it's right next to Sorcerer Mickey, its a little walkway! No one knows it's there so the line is always short!

So many great updates, I'm glad you're having a ball! So jealous of your fun encounter with Mary, so cool!!

Thank you!! I know Mary was the best!

A VoluntEAR is a the name for the Disney Volunteers. Great program, it's a charitable organization made up of Disney cast members who donate their time to helping charities and service organizations in their communities and around the world. Environmental, schools, and military outreach, etc.

Really loving your report! The food pics, character meets and awesome fireworks photos! What an awesome time,meant wait to read more!!

Hahaha, I love the bucket lost, especially "Get lots of autographs". Wondering at what point that becomes a check, lol.

Awww, what a practically perfect meet with Miss Mary.

Love your bucket list - so fun!! And I like the idea of drinking around the world, but sharing the drinks!

How cool that you got to stroll with Mary Poppins AND her penguins!!

By the way, you seriously picked the best year ever to spend the winter semester in Florida --- 6 feet of snow and counting up here -- YUCK!!

A VoluntEAR is a the name for the Disney Volunteers. Great program, it's a charitable organization made up of Disney cast members who donate their time to helping charities and service organizations in their communities and around the world. Environmental, schools, and military outreach, etc.

Thanks!

Really loving your report! The food pics, character meets and awesome fireworks photos! What an awesome time,meant wait to read more!!

Thank you!! It's an amazing experience!

Hahaha, I love the bucket lost, especially "Get lots of autographs". Wondering at what point that becomes a check, lol.

Awww, what a practically perfect meet with Miss Mary.

Once we get them all!! Haha!

So happy to be following you on your adventures!

Thank you! Glad you've joined in!

Love your bucket list - so fun!! And I like the idea of drinking around the world, but sharing the drinks!

How cool that you got to stroll with Mary Poppins AND her penguins!!

By the way, you seriously picked the best year ever to spend the winter semester in Florida --- 6 feet of snow and counting up here -- YUCK!!

It was a lovely stroll with Mary and the penguins I love those penguins! I know! We had 6 feet too! It's crazy!

The Update Of All Updates (Part I) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015

I’m back! I swear I’m back! These past few weeks got a little overwhelming, unfortunately my grandmother passed away at the beginning of February so I had to travel home for a few days and that really threw me off. But I’m here and I’m going to catch up! So let’s do this!

Monday January 26th, 2015

This was a rather boring day. I had work today but not until 4:30, so I decided to let myself sleep in, then I worked out for a little bit then showered and headed to work.

This was my Tier 4 training, which is pretty much just using registers and interacting with guests and learning how to do floor-stock and how to close the store at night. I worked with one other trainee. My trainer wasn’t the greatest and I didn’t exactly love this night, but all went well and I learned what I needed to know!

Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 (Part I)

I had today off so Mary, Alexis, Zoe, and I decided to go to Animal Kingdom!

To be honest I have no idea about what time we got there, I want to say somewhere around 12. It was Zoe’s first time at Animal Kingdom so we wanted to do some of the obligatory things! Like KILIMANJARO SAFARI! But not before stopping to see Laura!

I spy a Laura!

WE LOVE RED TIME CARDS!

Mary told us the name of these and what the name stands for, however it seemed to have slipped my mind!

HIPPOSSS

I spy a giraffe!

We really got to see the giraffes up close and personal and it was pretty amazing!

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
The Update Of All Updates (Part II) – Monday January 26th, - Thursday February 19th, 2015

Tuesday January 27th, 2015 – (Part II)

After Kilimanjaro, we headed over to Finding Nemo the Musical! We were some of the first people in line for the show so we got seats near the front which was a change for me!

After visiting the Big Blue World we headed over to introduce Zoe to our Yeti friend.

Dinosaur was next on the adventure list.

Not fans. I knew going into it I didn’t love this ride, but we had to do it anyway.

After Dinosaur we jumped on Primeval Whirl quick and then headed back to Africa for the last showing of Festival of The Lion King!

After watching FOTLK we headed out and Laura met us at the car, we headed back to the apartment quick so Laura could change then we headed over to Hollywood Studios to catch Fantasmic! We got there right as it was about to start so we ran all the way through the cue and made it just in time!

After Fantasmic was over we met up with Kaylee and Andrew and we all headed over to Downtown Disney!

YAY for Co-op!

We hung out and dance partied out near the stage across from World of Disney, it was lots of fun, we also headed over to the Candy Cauldron and Zoe and I got treats.

We headed back to the apartment not too late, but I had work at 5:00am and I was extremely nervous about not waking up in the morning so I pretty much just took a nap and then got up bright and early, well it was dark and early, but still.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter