Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! So sorry to hear that! I hope you get it resolved quickly. Thanks for the heads up!

They refuse to resolve it. This is been going on for years and target acts as if their system isn't flawed. drives me insane, at least take accountability.

WARNING! DO NOT UPLOAD TARGET GCS TO THE TARGET APP! JUST GOT HACKED AND ALL $255 ARE GONE. SPENT IN CALI WHILE I LIVE IN TX. THIS HAPPENED YEARS AGO AND TARGET ACTS DUMB WHEN YOU BRING IT TO THEIR ATTENTION.
I had the same thing happen to me back in the spring. Same response from Target. I no longer use theiir app, which sucks now that th at combined Cartwheel with the Target app.

I bought a $25 e-GC last week from disneystore . com (or shopdisney or whatever its called now). I added it on the disney GC site to another GC , no problem.
That's weird - was it emailed to you with an 8 digit security code? There was no security code for mine, just a bar code to scan (thus the need to print it out) so we couldn't add it.

That's weird - was it emailed to you with an 8 digit security code? There was no security code for mine, just a bar code to scan (thus the need to print it out) so we couldn't add it.

Yes it was emailed. It looked like a regular GC. I believe it had the security code, b/c I had no trouble entering it into the GC website and combining it.

Got the discover it card and looking forward to using it at the wholesale clubs to save 10+ % next quarter. No membership at bjs or sams but think I can buy from bjs without membership. Is that correct?

Got the discover it card and looking forward to using it at the wholesale clubs to save 10+ % next quarter. No membership at bjs or sams but think I can buy from bjs without membership. Is that correct?
I know you can buy gcs from BJ's online with no membership. That's where I plan to pick up the last of my GCs for our trip at the end of January :)

WARNING! DO NOT UPLOAD TARGET GCS TO THE TARGET APP! JUST GOT HACKED AND ALL $255 ARE GONE. SPENT IN CALI WHILE I LIVE IN TX. THIS HAPPENED YEARS AGO AND TARGET ACTS DUMB WHEN YOU BRING IT TO THEIR ATTENTION.
Oh crap! I'm so sorry about that!!! I can't believe that they won't refund your money. Have you mentioned it on their FB page or Twitter? That's usually a good way to get a company's attention these days.

I successfully bought Disney gc at self checkout earlier this month when they had the 10% off Target gc promotion. I noticed today that there were signs at all the self check stands that gc purchases were not allowed. I didn’t see this until after I scanned an iTunes gc but after about a 30 second delay it was added to my cart - possibly the team member had to authorize it bc she came over to check on me. She said it was fine bc it was only that one purchase (and it was only for $30). I know it has always been YMMV when it comes to using self checkout for gc purchases but it seems like they are cracking down more.

I successfully bought Disney gc at self checkout earlier this month when they had the 10% off Target gc promotion. I noticed today that there were signs at all the self check stands that gc purchases were not allowed. I didn’t see this until after I scanned an iTunes gc but after about a 30 second delay it was added to my cart - possibly the team member had to authorize it bc she came over to check on me. She said it was fine bc it was only that one purchase (and it was only for $30). I know it has always been YMMV when it comes to using self checkout for gc purchases but it seems like they are cracking down more.
It seems to depend on the store/area. For awhile, one Target near me had those signs but the one 5 minutes up the road didn't. Now, the one that did doesn't have the signs anymore. :confused3

It seems to depend on the store/area. For awhile, one Target near me had those signs but the one 5 minutes up the road didn't. Now, the one that did doesn't have the signs anymore. :confused3

We don't have - wait I don't think we have any at my closest Target. I'm going to look closer next time.

Today I had a target gift card rejected during a Disney gift card purchase. It was a promo card for $10 that I had gotten on Black Friday and had an expiry date of Dec 24, so I wanted to get rid of it. The cashier swiped it and the cash register rejected it after she entered all the numbers. She was surprised.

I said that's okay and that I would use it in the grocery section. I was in electronics where it wasn't busy so had decided to buy a set of Disney gift cards there. I've been buying a few each week while doing other shopping as well.

So then I used my $300 gift card from the ten per cent deal and it went through just fine.

Then I went to grocery and picked up some items and used the $10 card on those. It was a 10 of 50 card, so that may have made the difference - seems more like a coupon but it was plastic. Anyway the cashier handed me back 2 more $10 cards - one for buying 3 twelve packs of fancy feast for my picky cat, and one because it's spend $50 get a $10 gift card day. So I'm thinking these two ten dollar cards may work on Disney cards. Will give it a try next week.

Oh crap! I'm so sorry about that!!! I can't believe that they won't refund your money. Have you mentioned it on their FB page or Twitter? That's usually a good way to get a company's attention these days.

unfortunately, nothing has worked :(

Not that I'm aware of. Just wish I knew how it happened so I could try again in the future!

I purchased GC with 4x fuel points and my cashier took something out of his pocket and swiped it, I asked him what he did because it freaked me out and he responded he doubled my fuel points. Never had that happen in all my years and yes, it worked. :confused3
December we ended up with over 3000 points (which we wouldn't use because we fly to Colorado for 2 weeks) and we have 1000 points for January which I seriously don't understand... but okay we'll use them. Today we just went to Kroger and I had in my account the following:
$5 off $25 or $50 MC/Visa
4x Fuel on $50 MC/Visa
4x Fuel on GC's
$10 off two Bed Bath & Beyond totaling $50

and a Best Customer 200 Fuel points when you spend $50.:banana:

Today I had a target gift card rejected during a Disney gift card purchase. It was a promo card for $10 that I had gotten on Black Friday and had an expiry date of Dec 24, so I wanted to get rid of it. The cashier swiped it and the cash register rejected it after she entered all the numbers. She was surprised.

Was it an actual gift card or the $10 off $50 thing that is card shaped but actually a coupon? The latter wasn't an actual gift card and did have an expiration date. A gift card shouldn't have an expiration date. Those gift-card shaped $10 coupons do have gift cards listed as an exclusion (as well as a bunch of other stuff like Legos and Apple products and such.)

I purchased GC with 4x fuel points and my cashier took something out of his pocket and swiped it, I asked him what he did because it freaked me out and he responded he doubled my fuel points. Never had that happen in all my years and yes, it worked. :confused3
December we ended up with over 3000 points (which we wouldn't use because we fly to Colorado for 2 weeks) and we have 1000 points for January which I seriously don't understand... but okay we'll use them. Today we just went to Kroger and I had in my account the following:
$5 off $25 or $50 MC/Visa
4x Fuel on $50 MC/Visa
4x Fuel on GC's
$10 off two Bed Bath & Beyond totaling $50

and a Best Customer 200 Fuel points when you spend $50.:banana:
I wish I had the bed bath and beyond one, I've got several weddings coming up! I'm going to try and stop by tomorrow because I've got that $5 off $50 and the $2 off $25 that I've been waiting for 4x points.

Was it an actual gift card or the $10 off $50 thing that is card shaped but actually a coupon? The latter wasn't an actual gift card and did have an expiration date. A gift card shouldn't have an expiration date. Those gift-card shaped $10 coupons do have gift cards listed as an exclusion (as well as a bunch of other stuff like Legos and Apple products and such.)

That's what it was. I thought it was a gift card. It was supposed to be a gift card. It all worked out in the end, because I got good value when I used it as 10 of 50.

I finally used my Amex Offers at BB&B to buy three $25 Disney gift cards. Only got an email for 1 of the 3 transactions??? I did get 4% back from ebates.

I finally used my Amex Offers at BB&B to buy three $25 Disney gift cards. Only got an email for 1 of the 3 transactions??? I did get 4% back from ebates.
I'll have to put the Ebates app on my phone, I still haven't done that. I think I'm going to use mine today - if they don't have Disney then I'm getting BB&B gcs for wedding gifts.

I'll have to put the Ebates app on my phone, I still haven't done that. I think I'm going to use mine today - if they don't have Disney then I'm getting BB&B gcs for wedding gifts.
I had to link my three amexes to the BB&B offer. But didn’t have to have the cashier scan anything. The credit card transaction triggered it since it was linked.

I had to link my three amexes to the BB&B offer. But didn’t have to have the cashier scan anything. The credit card transaction triggered it since it was linked.
Thanks for the info. I've really only used iBotta and shopkick when I buy things in store. I just check my couple cashback sites when shopping online normally, just hadn't bothered to look into Ebates in store and how it works :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter