disney grand california sale start 1-25-09 for founding members

I don't understand--do we have to go to Florida to get the deal? Or do you mean since the cruises leave from Florida?

I am going to be very upset if this is available to Founding Member purchases, as I just re-arranged all my travel plans to accommodate the DPs and cancelled my March/April BWV trip (on regular points) to use the DPs instead at SSR!

I'd be frustrated if I were you, too - esp b/c you have so many DP's to use up. As I recall you even looked into whether a cruise were an option. I'm sure the guides had no idea about this incentive but I would still be really frustrated.

I'd be frustrated if I were you, too - esp b/c you have so many DP's to use up. As I recall you even looked into whether a cruise were an option. I'm sure the guides had no idea about this incentive but I would still be really frustrated.

thanks Bethy--but it's typical DVC.

the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing . . . . .

are the incentives posted anywhere? my guide has returned my call.

thanks Bethy--but it's typical DVC.

the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing . . . . .
Is this incentive for sure including the VGC? The original post I read somewhere only mentioned SSR, BLT and AKL.

I don't understand--do we have to go to Florida to get the deal? Or do you mean since the cruises leave from Florida?

I am going to be very upset if this is available to Founding Member purchases, as I just re-arranged all my travel plans to accommodate the DPs and cancelled my March/April BWV trip (on regular points) to use the DPs instead at SSR!

I meant all you need to do is fly to Florida and jump on the boat. You do not need to buy from there. Sorry for the confusion.

Is this incentive for sure including the VGC? The original post I read somewhere only mentioned SSR, BLT and AKL.

Yes, my guide literally read me the word for word promo. VGC is included.

One thing she didn't have details on but sounded VERY odd, was the price to add extra passengers. Hold on to your socks for this one....

To add a 5th person to the 3 night cruise - $80
T0 add a 5th person to the 4 night cruise - $100
To add a 5th person to the 7 night cruise - $175

That seems crazy! It seemed crazy to my guide too, but she had no further details. Basically we could bring grandma along on the 4 night cruise for only $100!!

Any word on the cost to upgrade to cat 4-6? I suspect the 5th person upgrade for $175 for the 7 nighter is cat4. Thanks.

Drewmisha

Yes, my guide literally read me the word for word promo. VGC is included.

One thing she didn't have details on but sounded VERY odd, was the price to add extra passengers. Hold on to your socks for this one....

To add a 5th person to the 3 night cruise - $80
T0 add a 5th person to the 4 night cruise - $100
To add a 5th person to the 7 night cruise - $175

That seems crazy! It seemed crazy to my guide too, but she had no further details. Basically we could bring grandma along on the 4 night cruise for only $100!!

Any word on the cost to upgrade to cat 4-6? I suspect the 5th person upgrade for $175 for the 7 nighter is cat4. Thanks.

Drewmisha

She did not know and the paperwork she was looking at did not say. I am interested in this as well, and she said if she sees info on it she will let me know.

From what my guide said it sounds pretty open to me. No Holidays of Course and no Spring break, but other than that pretty open. Though I imagine this will be a popular incentive and cabins will start to fill up soon.

Rick

The dates are preselected and start after Summer. and are on a first come first serve basis with availability for the cruise.

So does this mean they are not offering DPs for purchases anymore? Or is the cruise an additional choice? I am glad if they are giving this option in addition to points, but not instead of.

Frankly I am grateful for our DPs. We are staying in 2 rooms over Valentine's at GCH, plus a 5 night stay at SSR plus a 3 night stay at SSR. And I still have lots of DPs left which I am going to rent.

I like the flexibility of the points. Although I did notice that availability at SSR is really not all that great anymore, probably because EVERYONE is getting free points to stay there if they buy something right now.

Katherine

So does this mean they are not offering DPs for purchases anymore? Or is the cruise an additional choice? I am glad if they are giving this option in addition to points, but not instead of.

Katherine

The cruise is an additional choice.

At first I didn't think I was interested because we are already taking a Disney Cruise this Oct, but I think we are now going to take this new cruise incentive. We already have 3 DL trips and a cruise planned in the next year, so having the ability to use this perk in 2010 is what sold me. We only bought 100 pts so RCI isn't an option.

With this cruise perk we can plan a WDW land and sea vacation in 2010. I still have yet to go to WDW! I've had to cancel my last 2 trips, so hopefully the 3rd time is a charm!

Does anyone know how sales are going at VGC. I want to buy 175 points on March 25th and don't want to be shut out. I also asked my guide to set up a new contract for a June or July use year so I can get 2009 points. My use year at WDW is March and would not get 2009 points and I have to have them. I hope they still have developer points also.

Just talked to my guide the other day and he said that the sales on VGC are very good. He thinks that there will be points left after the founding members period, but not very many. Especially if the sales continue to do move as they have been. Hope everyone that wants them can get them!

Salespeople are never going to say that sales are terrible. That would just give customers a reason to put off a purchase and thus the salesperson wouldn't make any commission. So I highly doubt that they are going to sell out the GCV as quickly as they lead you to believe. But of course thats what they want you to believe in order to get you to buy.

Salespeople are never going to say that sales are terrible. That would just give customers a reason to put off a purchase and thus the salesperson wouldn't make any commission. So I highly doubt that they are going to sell out the GCV as quickly as they lead you to believe. But of course thats what they want you to believe in order to get you to buy.

I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT!

Kinda :offtopic: but when we were speculating about point charts and sales etc. right after we got the founding members letter in December I put a call into my guide. Well she finally called me back . . . today! She must have had esp and known that with the price and point chart I would decide not to buy :rotfl2: but if I was, I think I would be requesting another guide!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter