• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney News, Discussion & an Element of Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, MSN really hates Disney eh?
Actually, they aren't MSN articles, they just randomly get news stories from the internet and put them on one page. I think one of those articles is from the Today show and the other is from the Motley fool. Don't know if a real live person looks at them before they are posted or not. At any rate, these are the stories that the "regular Joe blow" (not the Disney fanatics) see. Good or bad, that's the impression they get, so might partially explain why attendance is down now. See what happens with attendance after the initial "Hoopla" from the 50th celebration dies down a bit.

Are all the new AP's going to Hollywood Studios today? Kept hitting refresh starting at 6:59 but all Rise boarding groups still gone by the time I got through.

Actually, they aren't MSN articles, they just randomly get news stories from the internet and put them on one page. I think one of those articles is from the Today show and the other is from the Motley fool. Don't know if a real live person looks at them before they are posted or not. At any rate, these are the stories that the "regular Joe blow" (not the Disney fanatics) see. Good or bad, that's the impression they get, so might partially explain why attendance is down now. See what happens with attendance after the initial "Hoopla" from the 50th celebration dies down a bit.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens once the worst of the pandemic is finally over, and people have gotten their revenge travel in. I'm curious to see if attendance will take a big hit due to all the recent changes.

Disney really hasn't done a lot recently to deserve much good press, sorry, they're telling it like it is.

I think there is still a great opportunity for Disney to bounce back with lots of positives. They are taking a lot of lumps and bad press for unfavorable moves in a slow period, but they are ramping things up in preparation for the 50th. They still have a wealth of popular service offerings to release in the form of new rides, hotels, restaurants, and in the form of returning previous services. Once the sticker shock wears off on the price, the new Geenie will likely be well received (since now they have nothing). For years the massive price hikes have not upset customers, and there is no reason to think it will start now. They have set themselves up to have a great bounce back over the next couple years. I suspect this is the low point for Disney World.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter