• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

As for people waiting for a specific wrap, I think that will not be much of an issue once folks realize that A. You can't even see what your wrap is from the inside. and B. It's far easier to see the wraps on all of the neighboring cars if you're in a car with no wrap at all. :)

So if my kids was asking for a special wrap, I'd let them know that you can only see the designs from outside the car and hope that would be enough to convince them to let it go. (Pun intended. ;) )

Last edited:
Wait, what? What's happeing here? Today is not the 29th. I'm so confused. Is it opening to guests today?

I think a number of us were thinking it could happen today (yesterday was last formal "preview" day), so great news if it is!

Wait, what? What's happening here? Today is not the 29th. I'm so confused. Is it opening to guests today?

Good lord that was lame. "Welcome one and all to the DISNEY SKYLINER GRAND OPENING! Take flight!!" Oh, but you can't actaully ride it for two more days.....

makes me think of my comment yesterday following the bit on Good Morning America where they showed some of Rise of the Resistence and used the phrase "now you can join the Resistence! The ride opens later this year ...." .... oh, so not "now now" then, but "later now"?

We are at CBR in Aruba 55, the closest building to the Riviera station. There were fences up last night, blocking the walkway. This morning, they are gone and the walkway is open.
Please try to ride and let us know! I am just a 30 minute drive away.

Looks like the new Joffrey's stand is open. They have regular options (that can be hot or ices) some pastries, seasonal offerings (now is a pumpkin pie and harvest chai latte) and then the signature drink, the Toffee Flight (which you can get iced or cold).

One review I read of it so far gave it really high marks, saying it isn't overly sweet, you can still taste the coffee, and that tons of toffee flavor comes through (so obviously if you don't like toffee, you likely won't like this)

Looks like everything they have there is a snack credit as well which is nic

makes me think of my comment yesterday following the bit on Good Morning America where they showed some of Rise of the Resistence and used the phrase "now you can join the Resistence! The ride opens later this year ...." .... oh, so not "now now" then, but "later now"?

I mean, if you're a tree, it probably seems pretty now-ish. We just need to be more inclusive in our thinking here.

Does anyone know if the stoppages en route are permanent? I have been reading people's opinions on twitter so far and everyone seems to enjoy it except for the stops.

Does anyone know if the stoppages en route are permanent? I have been reading people's opinions on twitter so far and everyone seems to enjoy it except for the stops.
The stops are not long. You have to remember that they were still testing during these cast previews so the frequency of stops may not be indicative of what it will be like normally.

Looks like the new Joffrey's stand is open. They have regular options (that can be hot or ices) some pastries, seasonal offerings (now is a pumpkin pie and harvest chai latte) and then the signature drink, the Toffee Flight (which you can get iced or cold).

One review I read of it so far gave it really high marks, saying it isn't overly sweet, you can still taste the coffee, and that tons of toffee flavor comes through (so obviously if you don't like toffee, you likely won't like this)

Looks like everything they have there is a snack credit as well which is nic

I haven't noticed any drink-holders in the photos of the gondolas.... :D

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter