Disney Vacation Club adjusts 2010 Vacation Points charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point charts quit working around 8pm ish. DH found it and it was the first thing out of his mouth when I got home from the Kempo/Costco run. He already had VB premier week point total down(up 3 for week). We figured the DIS'ers crashed the site.

He said the info was posted on another DVC mb a few days ago.

The site's not crashed, it appears these have been taken down on purpose. Everything else on the site works. The news headline (Disney Vacation Club adjusts 2010 Vacation Points charts) is still there, just can't click it.

Thanks Jean!! You are probably right. Unfortunatley, I cannot access the new pt schedule or the MS message to verify. If you look under the What's New section of News the article title is there but you cannot click on it. Once I can access the 2010 pts again I will confirm.

The site's not crashed, it appears these have been taken down on purpose. Everything else on the site works. The news headline (Disney Vacation Club adjusts 2010 Vacation Points charts) is still there, just can't click it.

speculation?

DVC made a mistake and those weren't the right charts . . . .

DVC started getting tons of irate calls and emails and decided to lay low . . . .

??????

She (and I) don't have access to the member site since we haven't signed our contracts, yet. Those links don't work for us.

See, originally the links just took you to the chart, not to loggin in. Something changed. Maybe DVC changed their mind!:goodvibes

I wondered why I didn't get an e-mail...they send e-mails about everything else...this is important stuff!!!

Bobbi:)

A reallocation was inevitable and likely long over due. Don't be surprised if there are other changes in the next few years that won't necessarily fit well with the members of this board including possibly a minimum stay.

speculation?

DVC made a mistake and those weren't the right charts . . . .

DVC started getting tons of irate calls and emails and decided to lay low . . . .

??????

I hope they were a mistake....
LOL the conspiracy theorist in me thinks "maybe they wanted to gauge our reaction" LOL

If they aren't getting high enough occupancy on the weekends, and there's too much demand for weekdays, the balance is off. It makes sense that they need to periodically adjust for this.

A reallocation was inevitable and likely long over due. Don't be surprised if there are other changes in the next few years that won't necessarily fit well with the members of this board including possibly a minimum stay.

see now for a newbie this is a scary thought that makes me regret my purchase

Wow, I am not a happy camper. We always made good use of the Sun-Thurs. points, do 3-4 trips a year, and stretch those points out.

I suspect that they are having difficultly with open rooms on weekends.

We are Sun-Thurs people

"To help address a growing Member interest in weekend stays at Disney Vacation Club Resorts, Disney Vacation Club has adjusted 2010 Vacation Points charts, reducing Vacation Point requirements for Friday and Saturday nights".

Hog wash. Why not be honest, do they think that we are idiots?

What they really should have said:

We want more members to stay on Fridays and Saturdays so we are lowering the required points.

My guess, and it is purely that, is that the Sun-Thurs scheduling of vacations has gotten availability out of whack on the weekends. I can't remember how many times I've seen on these boards that availability for a requested trip was only open for the weekend dates.

Remember...the reason for the unbalanced point schedule is to try to maximize occupancy every day of the week and throughout the year. This could be Disney just trying to even the occupancy load as they are supposed to do.

I don't know if this will help us or hurt us. If weekends become less "expensive" and more attractive this could throw the pendulum too far the other way and long weekend trips tie up weekend nights.

I do agree that if this is an occupancy balancing move, then Disney should have just said that instead of their usual transparent "spin" they try to put on everything. :sad2:

Yes, I understand that it IS part of the contract. Still, it stinks that they don't give any notice for planning purposes.

But they did give you notice for planning purposes. No one can book more than 11 months out at any resort, and 2010 as of today is more than 11 months out. Doesn't help anyones situation I know, but they did give everyone enough notice IMO.

If DVC lowers the points can they ever raise them back up or higher?

Sure, as long as they raise or lower elsewhere at the resort during the year. Add up all the studios, one, two and three bedroom villas at the resort and that should give you the number of points available at the resort. As long as they don't exceed or use fewer points than the total, they can do anything they like. They could double Christmas week and take a few points here and there to make up the difference.

Dean how could they put a min stay if the whole "sell" of DVC is you can use your points anyway you want for any length of stay? :confused3 just wondering..

Wow--now I'm really upset! :sad2: I figured the overall weekly points would stay the same, just adjusting for weekday vs. weekend. We JUST added on 25 AKV pts so that we could go every DEC (1st week) in a 1bdrm Sav. view. It WAS 205 pts., which is what we have. Now in 2010 the same week will be 206!!!!!! One pt short????

Perfect...a magic stay in BLT 1bdrm LV is now 1 pt LESS than what we have. So now to travel when we want, I will no longer be able to make a one week stay at AKV...I'll only be able to reserve 6 days and then WAIT 4 months for my ONE EXTRA BLT point to become available so I can HOPEFULLY reserve day 7!!!!!

Sorry for the caps, but I'm ready to throw up now.

Don't throw up, just borrow 1 point each year! You'll only end up short in the last year of your contract.

I usually stay Saturday to Friday. I really noticed at OKW that the parking lot by our unit was always close to empty on Saturday, Sunday it would be more crowded. I would occasionally look at the parking passes when I walked by, almost everyone checked out Friday. That left rooms empty Friday and Saturday nights that they probably had difficulty filling with cash rooms, especially without a big discount.

But they did give you notice for planning purposes. No one can book more than 11 months out at any resort, and 2010 as of today is more than 11 months out. Doesn't help anyones situation I know, but they did give everyone enough notice IMO.

Gave enough notice!!! I think NOT!!!

If you book a 7 day reservation 11 months in advance of check-in date, you can book Jan 1 2010 in 5 days. How many people plan their point usage less than 5 days in advance of calling MS???

I had my point usage for all of 2010 planned out. But now that will have to be re-done. And in short order at that.

Once again, MAJOR changes with very little notice!!!! This is getting old!

I agree, it has been quite a while since there has been a shuffling of the points per night. I can see them heading to a minimum stay - or perhaps for certain units and/or views. The increase in minimum point add on may be pointing toward this too...

its easy for people who already go on weekend to somewhat shrugg this off but for us sunday-thursday families this really is a blow...i realize this is legal but again because its legal doesnt make it right...Disney is losing a day from me on tickets and food...not trying to to be mean towards anybody just am really frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter