Disneyland DVC.. Would you buy??

Would you purchase DVC at DL??

• Yes, ANY DVC at Disneyland

• Yes, but ONLY if it's the Grand Californian Villas

• No. I may visit, but not purchase.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would love the chance @ using our existing pts. to stay, but wouldn't buy. Too costly for us (family of 5) to fly often from the east coast. It's easier/cheaper for us to drive down south.

I said I would only buy at the GCH, because I would not buy a DVC added to the Disneyland Hotel. However, I WOULD buy at a newly built DVC somewhere else on the DLR property, dependng on the theaming.

I voted yes, but only for the Grand Californian. I would stay at any dvc they build at DL, but as far as owning points, I would only buy GCV.

I hope this pans out. We would absolutely be interested in points in GCH. We almost always stay at the GCH at least once a year for a minimum of 5 nights. We almost always use points. I would love to be able to book a 2BR villa at the GC in DVC!

I voted no because we only get to LA every other year. If I found that I could not get reservations at 7 months then I would buy. But another complication is that my wife really loves the GC so it had better be a DVC there. Otherwise we are fine with our Florida holdings.

I voted only at the GC, but I may consider other locations. I just wish the powers that be would put us out of our misery and announce the GC DVC! The suspense is killing me.

I voted GCV only but it really depends. If I like the location and theming of a newly built hotel I would consider it. I am definitely buying at GCV when points go on sale though.

I just wish the powers that be would put us out of our misery and announce the GC DVC! The suspense is killing me.

I voted any DL DVC, although I'd STRONGLY prefer the Grand Californian. And I'm with you ACDSNY- the wait for an announcement is driving me nuts!

I voted any DL DVC, although I'd STRONGLY prefer the Grand Californian. And I'm with you ACDSNY- the wait for an announcement is driving me nuts!

But you must know that when they do announce it, they probably won't mention any details about when sales will start. That's the way it was with AKV. If I remember correctly, it was a general announcement with a few pieces of concept art, then several more months before any sales information came out.

So even when they do announce it, we'll still all be unsatisfied and begging for more.

We definitely would not buy but definitely would visit and I'm certain enjoy any DL DVC.

But you must know that when they do announce it, they probably won't mention any details about when sales will start. That's the way it was with AKV. If I remember correctly, it was a general announcement with a few pieces of concept art, then several more months before any sales information came out.

So even when they do announce it, we'll still all be unsatisfied and begging for more.

Well, the announcement will probably answer my questions "How many units" and "When do you expect them to open", but you are right- then I will want to know "When will you sell them", "What do the points charts look like", "How much are you going to sell them for", "What will the maintanance fees be", "What will the units look like", "What are the views going to be", etc... I know I'm not going to be completly satisfied until they are open for business!

Some rumors say GC is the first of possibly 3 DVC's at DLR. So I have to ask if it is possible, that after GCV, another DVC opens, and it is separate in ownership and points than GCV. I just might wait for a different/bigger DVC at DLR to buy a contract.

I voted GCV only but it really depends. If I like the location and theming of a newly built hotel I would consider it. I am definitely buying at GCV when points go on sale though.

Same here. But I can't imagine any other location there being as nice as GC's - I mean it has it's own entrance to the park. Pretty hard to top that, but if they did, we'd probably buy there too lol.

Well, the announcement will probably answer my questions "How many units" and "When do you expect them to open", but you are right- then I will want to know "When will you sell them", "What do the points charts look like", "How much are you going to sell them for", "What will the maintanance fees be", "What will the units look like", "What are the views going to be", etc... I know I'm not going to be completly satisfied until they are open for business!

Exactly. It will be a trail of breadcrumbs for several months that will excite and frustrate a lot of us.

Thanks to you for keeping the conversation going and spreading the word from board to board. The more discussion there is about GCV the better I say. I've been waiting patiently since I bought into DVC a couple years ago for something to happen out west. Even the elusive Tag Fairy seemed to notice.

Personally I'm hoping that sales will be going by December as I'll be in WDW then and can make a purchase. I can't buy direct from Disney where I live so I'm really hoping things move along quickly, though I know I can't count on it.

I would have voted for option 4 -- would not buy, have no desire to visit. We love to visit California, but not DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter