Disneyland DVC.. Would you buy??

Would you purchase DVC at DL??

• Yes, ANY DVC at Disneyland

• Yes, but ONLY if it's the Grand Californian Villas

• No. I may visit, but not purchase.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I too think it will be primarily west coast buyers. We didn't buy in earlier because we didn't think we'd go to WDW often enough to make it worth it and we were told it wasn't worth it for DL. It's very easy for us to get to DL, but WDW is an all day flight and alot more money.

I hope all the rumors are true, I'd love to own at GC.:cloud9:

I am not really suprised. DVC has been big on the East Coast for years. It has only gotten legs out here over the lasts 2. Many East Coast members have all the points they need, and may only visit Disneyland every 3 or 4 years. I think you will find most of the people who purchase the GCH will be brand new West Coast people, and West Coast DVC owners who have been waiting. Nevertheless, This property will sell out quickly.
I agree. When we bought our DVC, long before the current kiosks at DLR. Buying a DVC from CA. at that time, was extremely restrictive as to what we were allowed to purchase due to CA and FLA real estate laws. We had a choice of Vero, VWL, and BCV. As we taking some time to decide which resort we wanted, we lost out on BCV completely, as the block of points that could be sold to CA. residents by mail were sold.Even though there were points available, we would have had to go to FLA and purchase in person. There were also a limited number of points available to CA residents at VWL, and they were selling fast. As I recall, we got in under the wire. Had we waited one hour more, we would have lost out, and would have had to fly to FLA to buy points at DVC.
My point being ,that years ago CA buyers were locked out of buying a DVC from home. This has changed, and now many prospective members from CA may just snap up all the available points when offered.

Being an east-coaster, I voted for option 3. I'd love to go sometime on points, but not purchase there.

I'd prefer not to fly anywhere ever - so, I'd love to have a DVC in CA because it would mean that I could, one day, make the trek and stay on points, but, I'd never commit to ownership anywhere (even Hawaii) that required a flight to get there.

That said, I would LOVE the option of DVC's in Hawaii, Mexico, the Carbbiean, DL - etc: all the rumored locations. I just would not want to plan to visit more than once or twice in a lifetime.

Wouldn't buy but would definitely visit. I love the GC.

We love the Grand Californian and would DEFINITELY add on if a DVC was built as part of that hotel. It would absolutely have to keep the same theming for DH and I to love it. If there were any other DVC built at DL we would not be inclined to buy, but would stay on occasion.

OMG yes in a heartbeat :cloud9: It is a 3 hour flight or a refreshing 22 hour drive :lmao: from my house! It is a five hour flight to Orlando and the time difference is tough for us when we are on the east coast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter