Disneyland DVC.. Would you buy??

Would you purchase DVC at DL??

• Yes, ANY DVC at Disneyland

• Yes, but ONLY if it's the Grand Californian Villas

• No. I may visit, but not purchase.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted number 3. We drive on our trips, the family isn't to keen on flying. From MI that is easily a very LONG 2 day drive and more likely 3 so we all don't want to kill each other.

I wouldn't get out there near enough.

I have been west of Missouri one time in my life and that was on my honeymoon to Hawaii 8 years ago.

Some rumors say GC is the first of possibly 3 DVC's at DLR. So I have to ask if it is possible, that after GCV, another DVC opens, and it is separate in ownership and points than GCV. I just might wait for a different/bigger DVC at DLR to buy a contract.

I have thought of this too, except, you never know what tomorrow will bring, one big downturn in the economy, could push everything back several years. I say strike while the iron is hot!

I voted any DLR DVC but I would strongly prefer the speculated DVC at GC due to it's location and view ammeneties, as well as the GC theme itself. As a back up I would probably watch for the rumored Coronado themed "Boutique" hotel which supposedly might be placed on the other side of CA (Harbor). I would have to think long and hard about a DLH DVC and would probably only purchase there if it was going to be the only game in town.

All of these choices are assuming that the buy-in price and the room point requirements fit within my definition of reasonable.

I have thought of this too, except, you never know what tomorrow will bring, one big downturn in the economy, could push everything back several years. I say strike while the iron is hot!
Very true! We aways say "Buy it when you see it", we have lost out on great Disney souviners from procrastinating.

I haven't been to DL in 20 years. I have no plans of picking up that pace in the near future and therefore no plans to purchase any DVC in California.

No, I don't think I would.

Airfare is usually cheaper (and the flight not as long) for me to go to Florida versus California.

Besides, after all these years going to WDW, I think I'm thoroughly spoiled with it. :)

BUT, I -would- want to visit there from time to time and would like to do so in a DVC place.

DW and I love visiting San Diego, so buying a few points at GCV would allow us a short side trip to Disneyland, which we tend to prefer over WDW. The theming at GC is also something we fell in love with, having not purchased points at but loving the similar WL in WDW.

Yes, indeedy....the GCH is so lovely...I would definitely be one of those lined up to buy in...and for me, only a day & a half's drive...ooooh, it would be so sweet!

Wish they would just get ON WITH IT ALREADY. popcorn::

If the rumoured DVC resort at the GCH becomes reality, we will definately buy more points. The GCH is beautiful and the location just can't be beat. We visit DL 4-5 times a year (while on business and family gets to enjoy park) and WDW twice a year. Never thought when we purchased our first DVC points in 2006 that we'd already be considering our second add-on one year later. Yikes! Just can't get enough Disney!!!

I voted Yes but on GCH_DVC based on it being the Deluxe property at DL

A seperate all DVC resort with good or great theming and park access amenities (if that is possible at DL) would also get my vote (but is not an option above)

I voted no, but that may change. I am going to DL next month staying at the GC and if I love it, or if it is hard to get into at 7 months, then maybe. But probably a small add on so we could go every 3rd year. Gosh, I'm glad my DH doesn't read these boards!

I visit CA so infrequently (last time was well before California Adventure opened - whenever that was) that I would not purchase points there, and I would not schedule special trips just to visit DL. If they build a DVC there, I'm sure at some point I would want to book a short stay when I have an opportunity to go out to visit a dear friend.

I voted yes, but only for the Grand Californian. I would stay at any dvc they build at DL, but as far as owning points, I would only buy GCV.

Same here...also glad to see lots wont buy at all...more room for us;)

Well I voted no, but i can't even really see myself going. Really dislike the thought of that long flight when i can be in Orlando in less than 4-hours.

Wow, interesting results.
I would have guessed almost exact opposite. I thought more people would have purchased, especially if it were to be the "GCV".

Thanx for voting and responding! :)

MG

Wow, interesting results.
I would have guessed almost exact opposite. I thought more people would have purchased, especially if it were to be the "GCV".

Thanx for voting and responding! :)

MG

I am not really suprised. DVC has been big on the East Coast for years. It has only gotten legs out here over the lasts 2. Many East Coast members have all the points they need, and may only visit Disneyland every 3 or 4 years. I think you will find most of the people who purchase the GCH will be brand new West Coast people, and West Coast DVC owners who have been waiting. Nevertheless, This property will sell out quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter