Disneyland Paris - News

the hotel looks incredible. I just tried to see rates for July but my estimated wait is more than an hour. I'm not sure what date I want yet so I;ll try back later.
If low season is 850 euro a night, and the February school holiday are 1000 euro. For the Summer holidays I would think about 1200 euro a night. Especially around the 14th of July.

I'm booked 2 nights/3 days in July for 2 adults- total $2360-- less than I thought it would be

Disneyland Paris fansite accounts suspended on Twitter/X
Weird piece of news: several fansites for Disneyland Paris, like Pixiedust.be and Mousesteps, have been suspended on Twitter/X. No one seems to know why they are suspended, no reason was given. But it's several sites providing news about Disneyland Paris in English, German and Dutch.

TBC.

Oh dear! I don't stand on the Discoveryland side for fireworks for this reason - so many people climb on top of things!

It has been a while since I did a round of news (life is busy! But less than 2 weeks till my next Disneyland Paris vist)

- Renovation in the Studios -> Closure Studio 1 April 2024 - Spring 2025.
There are also hints that Carpets over Agrabah will close.
https://pixiedust.be/information-about-work-in-progress-at-walt-disney-studios-park
https://pixiedust.be/closure-of-flying-carpets-over-agrabah

- Au Chalette de Marionette and the Cowboy Cookout have been added to mobile ordering.

- The new drone show, themed after the Main Street Electrical Parade will get a modern twist.
https://pixiedust.be/new-main-street-electrical-parade-drone-show/
Starting the 8th of January.

- Asha from the new movie Wish will come to Disneyland Paris soon

- The Christmas entertainment has been announced:
The Christmas parade will return (day & night version), so will Let's Sing Christmas (4 shows a day) in Videopolis, you can meet Santa Claus and Santa Stitch, and other characters in Christmas costumes.
We will NOT get a Christmas themed firework show. It will stay Disney Dreams.

- After the 10th of November the regular day parade Stars on Parade will run for the last time before the Christmas season.

- New concept art for Symphony of Colors
The new show will replace the 30th anniversary show Shine Brighter as of the 10th of February, featuring Joy, Timon, Stich and Mirabel. https://pixiedust.be/vibrant-magical-disney-symphony-of-colors-revealed/

Disneyland Paris' next AP party doesn't sell out immediately... and the ticketing tool worked...

Yeah, bit of a strange thing happening. Only 6 weeks in advance DLP announced the next AP party on the 30th of November, 9pm to 2am, 55 euro p.p and you can bring 2 guests.

Weird thing 1. Only 6 weeks before the event. Normally it is longer.
Weird thing 2. It is on a Thursday
Weird thing 3. November usually has many cold and rainy days. Temps will be low 30s normally this time of year.

But apparently they are planning AP parties to kick off a season, right before the Halloween season was the previous party.

Weird thing 4. Two parties very close after each other.

They have learned and announced the sales date & time in advance.

Weird thing 5. They announced the program.

Normally they release the program a day in advance via the fansites.

Today was the day to buy tickets and in contrast to previous parties, the ticketing tool worked! Yes, they used a waiting room, but where we had to wait hours with previous parties, I had tickets within 15 minutes. And on social media basically no complaints about a glitchy system.

Weird thing 6. Disney IT worked!

So, the event has been on sale for a few hours and tickets can still be bought. Why doesn't it sell out immediately? Possibilities:
- weather
- weekday
- program (?), see below.
As mentioned normally they do not announce the program in advance, so people buy blindly.
They have learned not to do character m&gs anymore at AP events. So only selfie spots.
- previous AP events were very crowded.
- previous AP events were French centric
Communication about the event is in 2 languages and almost everything in the park is normally in 2 languages, but at the parties itself they switch to French only.
- less AP holders?
After the renewal and price increase of the program there was a lot of backlash and plenty of AP holders decided not to renew.

The announced program:
🇬🇧 The program for the AP/Disneyland Pass Party "Christmas Night" has been unveiled! 🌹
You'll find several characters in various selfie spots, and discover 5 new shows:
- 9:15pm, Enchanted Christmas Opening (Central Plaza)
- 9:45pm/10:45pm/00:30am/1:30am, Mickey's Dazzling Christmas Parade on stage! (Videopolis)
- 11pm/ 00:15am, Beauty and the Beast: Tale as old as time (Central Plaza)
- 10pm/11:30pm/1am, Mickey's Winter Wonderland: Magical Memories (Castle Stage)
- 2am, Enchanted Christmas Ball (Central Plaza)

Originally I said: way too cold, too busy, I'll watch the videos on youtube.

But then my Disney buddy said: but the theme is Beauty and the Beast, and that's how we became Disney buddies!

So, this morning I was all anxious to get our tickets :p

Also weird, when they announced the party 6 weeks in advance, I could still get hotel rooms at a decent rate.

Karin (and others) do a great job keeping up with the DLP news here, but I saw this on the main News and Rumors board and thought it belonged here.

This made me tear up. I was just at DLP in June for 3 short days. Unfortunately it was end of a very busy 12 day tour of Europe and we were worn out from that and didn't get to enjoy DLP nearly as much as we wanted. The drone show was one of the highlights though. We loved MSEP. Combining the 2 will be amazing. I'm already planning a trip back for 2025. We'll be at WDW for 2 weeks in 2024.

j

Disneyland Paris:
Today is the Christmas and “Symphony of Colours” media event where creative teams will share more about the new drone show and hub show premiering early 2024 at Disneyland Paris.

1700343451409.png

The new drone show inspired by the Main Street Electrical Parade will be called “Disney Electrical Sky Parade”
It premieres January 8 as part of the “Symphony of Colours” offering. New concept art:

1700343486557.png

1700343519249.png

1700343543463.png

1700343568109.png

DLP Report

More news:

- The Pixar-show Together is now also available for guaranteed access, 15 euro p/p

- New led lights are being installed on the towers of the castle for the new night time show in January.

- They have been adding additional Christmas stuff to the season, like this magic shot with Olaf at the entrance
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=717279123608291&set=pcb.717279150274955

- And also... two shows. A princess show once a day at Castle stage and one at the start of Main Street around the gazebo.
Both are between 14:00 and 15:00 each day.
My personal guess is, they have to pay the actors of the Christmas Parade a minimum amount of hours. When they have to do two Christmas parades, at 17:00 and 19:00, they come in at 15:00-ish and are done by 20:00. Which is a five hours shift. My guess is the minimum is 8 hours. So by adding a show two hours earlier, they can make it a full shift.
More value for money.

- Rosalie, the new restaurant in the village, taking the place of Café Mickey is almost done. The signage is done, there are plants etc. Opening is planned for December

- Asha from the new movie Wish will be meeting in the Studios as of November 27th, Star will be part of the drawing classes, both in the Animation building. And Walt's restaurant will have a Star themed dessert. All for the remainder of the Christmas season till January 7th.

- They are really confident in Wish, as a portrait of King Magnifico will be added to the new Royal Banquet restaurant to the "Evil Royalty" room.

- The Pixar-show Together is now also available for guaranteed access, 15 euro p/p
I think that means there are three shows with this option, right? Is this necessary? I'm going May 15-17 (Wed-Fri) and want to be sure I catch the shows. Great seats don't matter but not wasting hours in line or missing out completely does! Should I just bite the bullet and buy the entries when I purchase my tickets?

I think that means there are three shows with this option, right? Is this necessary? I'm going May 15-17 (Wed-Fri) and want to be sure I catch the shows. Great seats don't matter but not wasting hours in line or missing out completely does! Should I just bite the bullet and buy the entries when I purchase my tickets?
Are we talking 3 full days or are Wed & Fri travel days with limited time. As schools are in session that week, crowds shouldn't be too bad.

Also, staying onsite or not? You can do a lot of headliners during EMH when staying onsite. Freeing up time for headliners.

If you do not care about getting a good seat, then I don't think it is necessary to pay for guaranteed seating. Usually the first show is the busiest of the day.

Then again, if you have the money, go for it!
I do think a good seat increases the experience.

If you have to pick one, pick Lion King as the stage is very wide. By sitting in the middle section you will see most of what is going on.

Even with guaranteed seating, I would be there about 20 minutes before show time (doors usually open 15 minutes before). And that's just because I know how some guests (who didn't pay) are, some sneak into the section and CMs don't always care or see it happen.

Are we talking 3 full days or are Wed & Fri travel days with limited time. As schools are in session that week, crowds shouldn't be too bad.

Also, staying onsite or not? You can do a lot of headliners during EMH when staying onsite. Freeing up time for headliners.

If you do not care about getting a good seat, then I don't think it is necessary to pay for guaranteed seating. Usually the first show is the busiest of the day.

Then again, if you have the money, go for it!
I do think a good seat increases the experience.

If you have to pick one, pick Lion King as the stage is very wide. By sitting in the middle section you will see most of what is going on.

Even with guaranteed seating, I would be there about 20 minutes before show time (doors usually open 15 minutes before). And that's just because I know how some guests (who didn't pay) are, some sneak into the section and CMs don't always care or see it happen.
I have 3 full days, but I'm not staying onsite. I don't care about great seats- just seats- but it sounds like it's worth doing the guaranteed seating for the Lion King show. I'm a huge Lion King fan, so that's the one I'm most excited to see!

Fire in Disneyland Paris today

The restaurant Cowboy Cookout in Frontierland had a fire in the kitchen today. The Chapparel theatre closed, the train stopped going around the park, Goofy's M&G cancelled and the nearby Colonel Hathi restaurant got closed as well.

The firemen of the park were quickly on the scene.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter