• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

So there was a rumor that the tram would not be in use with park opening. This was furthered by the tweeted photos by Magic & Walnut that were posted here yesterday showing benches and trash cans along the route, as well as health and safety signs. NOW, Mondo and Danny from Five Fires and Discover the Magic have located a sign on the route that says “reservations required for park entry”. Given all this set up, I can’t speak to how SOON it will open (that’s being pushed with the Gov) but I believe that this is probably going to be the case. Especially considering WDW isn’t using the tram either. It is fun to see more set up though 🥳

That seems odd. So where would they do the security screening? I guess it kind of makes sense to force people to walk so it spreads out arrivals more. I wonder if they will make everyone use the DtD screening?

Does this also mean the Toy Story lot won't be in use? If they aren't doing trams, I guess buses are out? But they use buses at WDW...

What is the rationale behind not using open trams? Anyone know? Seems like they could just use every other row. Or is of just that it results in a large dump of people all at once when everyone gets off?

That seems odd. So where would they do the security screening? I guess it kind of makes sense to force people to walk so it spreads out arrivals more. I wonder if they will make everyone use the DtD screening?

Does this also mean the Toy Story lot won't be in use? If they aren't doing trams, I guess buses are out? But they use buses at WDW...

What is the rationale behind not using open trams? Anyone know? Seems like they could just use every other row. Or is of just that it results in a large dump of people all at once when everyone gets off?

I believe you could always just skip the security screen and walk in to downtown disney and get screened there. I imagine if you walk the tram route they would just screen you at downtown disney.

I believe you could always just skip the security screen and walk in to downtown disney and get screened there. I imagine if you walk the tram route they would just screen you at downtown disney.

The tram route ends beyond the current security screen. I guess they could set up another one? The tram route doesn't converge with the road that leads to the DtD screening tents. You could walk the pathway between Pixar Pals and to DtD, but that is a longer walk overall, and I can't see Disney forcing people to make that walk 2 times a day. The tram route is a significant shortcut, but still a lengthy walk.

The tram route ends beyond the current security screen. I guess they could set up another one? The tram route doesn't converge with the road that leads to the DtD screening tents. You could walk the pathway between Pixar Pals and to DtD, but that is a longer walk overall, and I can't see Disney forcing people to make that walk 2 times a day. The tram route is a significant shortcut, but still a lengthy walk.
Wasn’t there construction under the M&F where the team used to be? Maybe that will be the pick up? But that still doesn’t explain the tram route..

It doesn't seem that far to me. After all, you are walking to an amusement park where you will spend the day - walking. It's not much further than the walk from BLT to MK in WDW, or BWV to Epcot. We used to do the original route when we had the stroller loaded down and didn't want to deal with taking everything out to fold it down.

Wasn’t there construction under the M&F where the team used to be? Maybe that will be the pick up? But that still doesn’t explain the tram route..

The loading area has been under Pixar Pals for quite awhile. The security screen is integrated into the entrances to that area. The lower level of M&F is handicapped parking and there is a walkway down there that leads to the outside near the bathrooms, so people can go through the screening in the new area.

Regardless, if the trams will not be in use, it really seems like they would have to make a completely new security and temperature screening location either along the route (which doesn't make sense really) or at the terminus, where the tram unloading area is.

It all sounds very suspect.

It doesn't seem that far to me. After all, you are walking to an amusement park where you will spend the day - walking. It's not much further than the walk from BLT to MK in WDW, or BWV to Epcot. We used to do the original route when we had the stroller loaded down and didn't want to deal with taking everything out to fold it down.

I used to do the walk too, with a stroller. I didn't often mind doing it, but it's definitely a significant walk. It's about 3/4 mile. For most people that isn't much, but for others that could be an issue, especially at the end of a long day. I mean, we still frequently just walk through DtD and back to the structure, but we also only usually spend a few hours in the parks. We don't do long commando style days since we come so often.

I at least hope they offer tram or van service for people who need it.

I just realized it's a longer walk from Pixar Pals parking structure than the Desert Palms Hotel that we've stayed at a few times. The walk to that one is fine, but at night it can feel so much longer because everyone is exhausted. We've never used the parking structures so I really had no idea of where they were located in relation to the park.

The loading area has been under Pixar Pals for quite awhile. The security screen is integrated into the entrances to that area. The lower level of M&F is handicapped parking and there is a walkway down there that leads to the outside near the bathrooms, so people can go through the screening in the new area.

Regardless, if the trams will not be in use, it really seems like they would have to make a completely new security and temperature screening location either along the route (which doesn't make sense really) or at the terminus, where the tram unloading area is.

It all sounds very suspect.
They likely won’t move security. What will probably happen is you will go through security at the parking structure like normal but inatead of boarding the tram you will then walk on to the tram route and then walk to the park. My guess is that they will have an area for exiting gusts to keep it enclosed when you hit the one exposed part at the structure.

They likely won’t move security. What will probably happen is you will go through security at the parking structure like normal but inatead of boarding the tram you will then walk on to the tram route and then walk to the park. My guess is that they will have an area for exiting gusts to keep it enclosed when you hit the one exposed part at the structure.

That would make the walk even longer. Ugh. I hope not.

The trams aren’t running at Disney world either so this move won’t surprise me.

To be fair though, at WDW they are only traveling short distances through the parking lots. They aren't traveling 3/4 of a mile. With less people attending the parks there, no one is parking SUPER far from the entrances so the trams aren't really needed.

To be fair though, at WDW they are only traveling short distances through the parking lots. They aren't traveling 3/4 of a mile. With less people attending the parks there, no one is parking SUPER far from the entrances so the trams aren't really needed.
I agree it would be surprising if the only option is to park at M&F, and then walk to the parks from there - either on the tram route or thru DTD.

I actually like walking instead of taking the tram when I visit, but it seems crazy to make that the only way to get into the park. Could probably be a mile depending on where you park and what route you take.

I do wonder if they would make a new health screening area either under the parking structure or at the end of the tram route. Either way, it seems like they would want people to go through security at the parking structure since it’s already set up.

It’s a tricky problem if they can’t use the trams.

I agree it would be surprising if the only option is to park at M&F, and then walk to the parks from there - either on the tram route or thru DTD.

I actually like walking instead of taking the tram when I visit, but it seems crazy to make that the only way to get into the park. Could probably be a mile depending on where you park and what route you take.

I do wonder if they would make a new health screening area either under the parking structure or at the end of the tram route. Either way, it seems like they would want people to go through security at the parking structure since it’s already set up.

It’s a tricky problem if they can’t use the trams.
You know, it's a real shame there isn't a SW:GE entrance to the park, because it's RIGHT THERE. You have to walk 1/2 way around the park (OK, maybe on 1/3) to get to the esplanade.

They are perfectly content to make people walk that far and further.

See the Epcot Resort situation where people are walking from Yacht & Beach Club to Hollywood Studios because Disney decided there just wasn’t enough demand between the 2 DVC properties (BCV, BWV) and 2 hotels (YC, Swan) to open boat transit (they had announced boats would open end of July then pulled it, they run the boats in Epcot so not a safety thing, they just don’t want to pay for it). The walk is 1.2 miles. In FL weather.

Well, interesting. I assume it's to do with SD? So, how're they going to handle the ('inside seating') buses to and from TS lot? I'd think the open air trams would be 'safer'.
Fwiw Disney has extensive experience running buses during COVID as they’re running all over WDW. They will also need to run them for Cast anyway in CA so they will have to implement a COVID-safeish bus plan.

Whether or not they need to/want to pay to run them from TS? Who knows? I’d book a backup hotel closer if distance is an issue and you plan on using TS buses just to be safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter