Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Interesting. The Twitter account DisneylandToday is officially not being monitored anymore and has been switched to private. Operational updates will now be available in the app. Hence screenshots since I know not everyone has a Twitter account following them and approved to see existing Tweets.

I'm intrigued by a chatting function moving to the app. Going to miss this Twitter account, though.

Interesting. The Twitter account DisneylandToday is officially not being monitored anymore and has been switched to private. Operational updates will now be available in the app. Hence screenshots since I know not everyone has a Twitter account following them and approved to see existing Tweets.

I'm intrigued by a chatting function moving to the app. Going to miss this Twitter account, though.

View attachment 535491
View attachment 535492
I think over on the Main rumors board I heard that the CM’s who run the page were laid off...I could be wrong though

I think over on the Main rumors board I heard that the CM’s who run the page were laid off...I could be wrong though

Honestly it was my first thought what happened, but I was too sad about that thought to say it out loud myself :(

But I really would not be surprised if they're consolidating social media accounts

Honestly it was my first thought what happened, but I was too sad about that thought to say it out loud myself :(

But I really would not be surprised if they're consolidating social media accounts
We noticed that change, too, and wondered the same thing. Hmmm...

Can someone help me understand CAs numbers and why CA hit the tri state quarantine list yesterday? Using a rolling 7 day average, a state hits our list if testing reaches 10 positives per 100,000 OR a 10% positivity rate. Weren’t CA numbers 7/100,000 and 3.2% Positive as of yesterday???? We are set to fly out in one week but just cannot if it’s on the list still! Thanks!!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7ny...dvisory-ny-quarantine-policy-visitor/7515634/
there is no more quarantine list for NY/Tri State area. You have to have a negative test now.

It looks like hotels in the area are cancelling reservations for early next year. My family and I had a reservation for the end of February at the Courtyard Theme Park Entrance. A couple of days ago, I received an email from the Marriott, informing me that the hotel will be closed until March 1st (for now, anyway). My reservation was canceled.

This gives me such a horrible feeling. I'm so worried for Anaheim and all of these hotels and businesses. Everything. It's scary. Can these hotels survive this long?

Non sequitur: a friend lives in Tokyo and he went to DisneySea last Monday. I asked him to grab me a few maps from their DL. I was disappointed to learn that maps aren't available during the pandemic. It wouldn't surprise me if all parks worldwide won't offer them for the foreseeable future. I'd hoped to hand a few to CM friends at our park. I gave Abby a Shanghai one a few weeks ago but that nearly exhausted my current foreign reserves :-).

Does anyone here think there’s the possibility that, when they finally open, they will limit park attendance to Disney resort property hotel reservations only? We have our current DVC reservation for June (having already cancelled twice) and usually meet local family members for the week. I’m scared that if they can fill the 25% park capacity with hotel reservations, they might do it because that would be the biggest bang for their buck. Thus making our disneyland family reunion a “no-go”. Yes, there would be an AP problem to sort out, but per recent emails they are considering changes for the program.

Does anyone here think there’s the possibility that, when they finally open, they will limit park attendance to Disney resort property hotel reservations only? We have our current DVC reservation for June (having already cancelled twice) and usually meet local family members for the week. I’m scared that if they can fill the 25% park capacity with hotel reservations, they might do it because that would be the biggest bang for their buck. Thus making our disneyland family reunion a “no-go”.
No. There are only aprox 2,500 on site hotel rooms. Even if you are saying a room has 4 people in it we are talking about 10K people max and that’s at full occupancy for the hotel.

Ahh ok. I understood they were going to take reservations in the HOPE of being able to open for those two weeks. I didn't realise they had a seasonal closure, I'd never heard that before about DLP.
TO be fair, that's just my interpretation - I've never been to DLP so no idea what the norm is.
I don’t think DLP has a seasonal closure. They were open at the end of January and beginning of February this year, as we were there then. They were having a Star Wars festival and a Frozen festival.

Disneyland Paris is normally open 365 a year. They are just hoping for the Christmas holidays (the school holidays are approx. the same throughout Europe) to be open. That will be the only time they reach the max. of their limited capacity.

They will close the first 6 weeks of 2021 because it's very low season. During the week 5 minute queues for almost every ride. They had special seasons the last few years to persuade AP holders to come.
The weather is awful, usually cold and rainy and grey... It's probably cheaper to close.

Non sequitur: a friend lives in Tokyo and he went to DisneySea last Monday. I asked him to grab me a few maps from their DL. I was disappointed to learn that maps aren't available during the pandemic. It wouldn't surprise me if all parks worldwide won't offer them for the foreseeable future. I'd hoped to hand a few to CM friends at our park. I gave Abby a Shanghai one a few weeks ago but that nearly exhausted my current foreign reserves :-).
We had the same in Disneyland Paris. I think you could get a map at City Hall, but you had to ask for it. All the normal distribution points were empty and they were promoting the app with every e-mail.

Some good news...
In Tentative Ruling, Court Declares Governor’s Abuse of Power Unconstitutional
Hopefully this will lead to a more common-sense approach to opening parks. Unfortunately it will likely take a while since it is now in the hands of the court.
God bless this country and it’s checks and balance system.
I don’t think anyone wants to just ignore COVID and return to normal life tomorrow, pandemic be d**d, but hopefully this ruling makes reopening more collaborative. (Not just theme parks, but everything.)

Last edited by a moderator:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter