Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Nothing really new to report. They are holding another rally Nov. 7. She did say that they are not getting support from the local politicians (time to put some pressure on there?). I thought that OC and Anaheim had published letter that they had sent to the Governor though? She did mention that the Disney bloggers have been their biggest supporters.
John & Ken were very sympathetic - that's a good thing!

You can be sympathetic to someone's situation and not agree with the theme park reopening yet. I don't think any kind of pressure is going to work at this point, the last rally they had wasn't really all that big and of course the Disney bloggers are going to be supportive of the park reopening. I think at this point since the guidelines have been released there isn't much else to do but wait, the numbers aren't doing well and with one of Disney's parks closing again it will only encourage CA to keep their parks closed.

You can be sympathetic to someone's situation and not agree with the theme park reopening yet. I don't think any kind of pressure is going to work at this point, the last rally they had wasn't really all that big and of course the Disney bloggers are going to be supportive of the park reopening. I think at this point since the guidelines have been released there isn't much else to do but wait, the numbers aren't doing well and with one of Disney's parks closing again it will only encourage CA to keep their parks closed.
Well, except yellow is not going to work. I firmly believe, all other guidelines being equal, they should be open @ 25% just like the FL park at RED. They are asking for Orange - that seems more than fair. Whatever we can do to help them get there I am all for.
FWIW - take a closer look at the France COVID numbers. They have a big problem. They have what would be equivalent to about what FL numbers peaked at in late July, and they are still going up - WAY up! They are shutting down everything, not just Disney. California has never been close to what is going on in France.

Well, except yellow is not going to work. I firmly believe, all other guidelines being equal, they should be open @ 25% just like the FL park at RED. They are asking for Orange - that seems more than fair. Whatever we can do to help them get there I am all for.
FWIW - take a closer look at the France COVID numbers. They have a big problem. They have what would be equivalent to about what FL numbers peaked at in late July, and they are still going up - WAY up! They are shutting down everything, not just Disney. California has never been close to what is going on in France.

Yellow is going to have to work at this point, Newsom won't budge and I highly doubt things will go in Disney's favor at this point. Just because WDW is open doesn't mean it should be, and just because it's open doesn't mean DL should do the same.
We don't want California to get close to what France is at, and the only way to do that is to keep a tight leash on certain activities, it sucks but I don't want CA to get to a point where there is a huge panic and too hard to fix/keep up with. It's a lose/lose really, but I'd rather know that we are being super strict than super lax like FL.

Those numbers are for the week ending in 10/17, I think NY may have used data through 10/26 which if they did I can see being in the 10/100K number because of Los Angeles backlog.
My brother who lives in OC said something about each week reported has a 7 day lag. It’s driving me crazy. I did finally find the source tri state uses for our list so I’m going to stalk that like crazy. New list posts Tuesday the 3rd and we can make our decision in time to cancel the hotel by the 4th. More airline credits if this is the case. Ugh. Thanks everyone!

@Karin1984 : Can you give us any European perspective on the DLP closure? I remember that you just visited there a few weeks ago. Thank you!

From the DIS: NB It is the French Government imposing the lockdown on DLP, not Disney.
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...tionwide-lockdown-including-disneyland-paris/
Sure.
The last week(s) several European governments have decided to put their countries in some form of lockdown. Belgium, Poland, Italy, Ireland and parts of Spain the themeparks closed. Yesterday (Wednesday) Germany and Spain followed. Due to the climate not all themeparcs in Europe are open year round, Disneyland Paris is an exception to this.

We are still waiting for the official word from Disneyland Paris. They are slow with putting out communication and reactions. This is probably due to all the translations they have to make. The big European parks cater to so many countries, that all websites etc. are available in at least four languages, but I think DLP has at least six. And probably as soon as the communication is out, the people will start calling to ask about their stays.
On the other hand, this was something they could prepare for as this was no surprise.
On the other hand, one of the other big parcs Parc Asterix also has not put it on their website, Europapark in Germany (2nd most popular after DLP) has not put anything on their website yet either...

Some things the French government have imposed is no gatherings in public places, closing of non essential stores and no travel between regions
This impacts themeparcs as well, and there is basically no way Disneyland Paris finds a workaround.

France had yesterday 36K new infections, daily deaths hit a record with over 500. Hospitals are suffering so there was no other way than locking down.
What the goal is that hopefully with a four week lock down, things will improve for the holidays. Sacrifice now, celebrate later.
Both France and Germany announced plans to support businesses, so I am not expecting CMs layoffs in European parks at the moment.

Sure.
The last week(s) several European governments have decided to put their countries in some form of lockdown. Belgium, Poland, Italy, Ireland and parts of Spain the themeparks closed. Yesterday (Wednesday) Germany and Spain followed. Due to the climate not all themeparcs in Europe are open year round, Disneyland Paris is an exception to this.

We are still waiting for the official word from Disneyland Paris. They are slow with putting out communication and reactions. This is probably due to all the translations they have to make. The big European parks cater to so many countries, that all websites etc. are available in at least four languages, but I think DLP has at least six. And probably as soon as the communication is out, the people will start calling to ask about their stays.
On the other hand, this was something they could prepare for as this was no surprise.
On the other hand, one of the other big parcs Parc Asterix also has not put it on their website, Europapark in Germany (2nd most popular after DLP) has not put anything on their website yet either...

Some things the French government have imposed is no gatherings in public places, closing of non essential stores and no travel between regions
This impacts themeparcs as well, and there is basically no way Disneyland Paris finds a workaround.

France had yesterday 36K new infections, daily deaths hit a record with over 500. Hospitals are suffering so there was no other way than locking down.
What the goal is that hopefully with a four week lock down, things will improve for the holidays. Sacrifice now, celebrate later.
Both France and Germany announced plans to support businesses, so I am not expecting CMs layoffs in European parks at the moment.
Thank you for this report!

Infections are rising. People are getting lax in 'safe' behavior. Shoot, I've caught myself a couple of times not doing SD without thinking about it. It's not time for theme parks to reopen, IMO. As much as I'd love to see DL reopen, I think it's better (Public Health-wise) that it stays closed. I'm so sorry for those who are out of jobs because of it, but 'the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the (relatively) few'.

The LA Times tracker is reporting that there were an average of 4,450 cases per day statewide over the last seven days. That would put the case rate at about 11/100,000.
Now that I think about it, the state number on the website probably the "adjusted case rate" that takes into consideration availability of testing or whatever they are using to adjust the #'s. That's why LA County is adjusted down from 11 to 8 for example.

What do you think would happen if the Tri-State area stopped restricting other states and everyone just said, nah, I'll go somewhere else instead? 41/50 is a HUGE number of States to restrict, especially when you consider a couple of the ones they are allowing in are only because it is impractical to restrict them.

Isn't this a bit strange? They're temporarily closing (understandably) but are going to open again for two weeks over Christmas / NY by reservation, but then plan to close again for ~ another six weeks till mid Feb?
That's not the way I read it. I read that they are taking reservations for those two weeks in hopes they can open, but they will close as normal for 1/4 through 2/12 (seasonal closure - they wouldn't ordinarily be open those dates NMW).

That's not the way I read it. I read that they are taking reservations for those two weeks in hopes they can open, but they will close as normal for 1/4 through 2/12 (seasonal closure - they wouldn't ordinarily be open those dates NMW).
Ahh ok. I understood they were going to take reservations in the HOPE of being able to open for those two weeks. I didn't realise they had a seasonal closure, I'd never heard that before about DLP.

Ahh ok. I understood they were going to take reservations in the HOPE of being able to open for those two weeks. I didn't realise they had a seasonal closure, I'd never heard that before about DLP.
TO be fair, that's just my interpretation - I've never been to DLP so no idea what the norm is.

Ha, ha - sounds plausible : )
It's been ~ 13yrs since I was there but my son went in Feb 2019 and I did all the research / planning for his trip in the lead up and I didn't come across a seasonal closure, doesn't mean there wasn't one - I just didn't come across it in my research

My next scheduled trip was Nov 11-15. I just got the email from Disney saying they are cancelling my reservation. Now to decide what to do.

I don’t think DLP has a seasonal closure. They were open at the end of January and beginning of February this year, as we were there then. They were having a Star Wars festival and a Frozen festival.

My next scheduled trip was Nov 11-15. I just got the email from Disney saying they are cancelling my reservation. Now to decide what to do.

I didn’t even get an email. I had a DVC reservation for Nov 13-15, and it just disappeared off of my dashboard. Oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter