Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Has anyone worked with Get Away Today on park tickets expiring Jan 12, 2021?

It looks like they will refund for $50 per ticket, or apply the full value as a credit. Has anyone heard of other options GAT has made available? I assume they can't exchange for the current year tickets since sales are suspended, correct?

I don't necessarily want the refund since they hold the value paid even if expired. But I'm concerned about not being able to get a park reservation while holding expired tickets. Likewise, if I return them for a refund or a credit, will park tickets be available for sale when needed? Obviously no one knows that part. Just trying to evaluate any options...

It looks like they will refund for $50 per ticket, or apply the full value as a credit. Has anyone heard of other options GAT has made available? I assume they can't exchange for the current year tickets since sales are suspended, correct?

I don't necessarily want the refund since they hold the value paid even if expired. But I'm concerned about not being able to get a park reservation while holding expired tickets. Likewise, if I return them for a refund or a credit, will park tickets be available for sale when needed? Obviously no one knows that part. Just trying to evaluate any options...
$50/ticket? Ouch😳. No wonder they try so hard to sell their insurance plan. Everyone I know who's made changes through GAT exchanged for WDW tickets, so I didn't know how they were handling refunds. I just totally can't imagine Disney not extending expiration dates, it would be a PR nightmare. I have tickets too, and I have all the same questions about how reservations will work. I just keep hoping and hoping for new information to appear on the app.

I’m in the same boat with the same questions! I’m just waiting to see how this will be handled before making any decisions.

I too got my refund for my cancelled GCH reservation and am bow going to rebook for Spring Dapper Days.

Not the exact answer you’re looking for in terms of getting new DL tickets but I was able to switch my entire vacation to WDW in minutes over the phone with no hassle.

I imagine they won’t have DL ticket sales open again until Disneyland does and at this point... who knows when that will be or when they’ll open up 2021 dates at all.

Since the reopening has taken such a steep downhill turn, I imagine we’re looking at a long wait for that day... 😭

That said, I imagine Disneyland’s probably aware tons of folks are holding tickets that expire in January and when they do reopen I think things will get worked out for those folks to be able to make reservations.

Looks like there will be an update today. I wonder if anything about theme parks will come up? Q&A portion has been theme park heavy.

If only OC could get those numbers down... they might end up back in the purple before the orange at this point from what I’ve seen Gothic Rosie share. 😭 I can never watch a press conference with this man again (done it too many times haha) so if he says anything relevant someone please post!

If only OC could get those numbers down... they might end up back in the purple before the orange at this point from what I’ve seen Gothic Rosie share. 😭 I can never watch a press conference with this man again (done it too many times haha) so if he says anything relevant someone please post!

Yeah, it is not looking good.

I can see OC getting back in purple more likely than going into orange. It's unfortunate, and with the flu season I'm definitely worried that it won't be under control at all within the next month.

Anaheim specific Q asked - nonresponse beyond safety and medicine first. He hinted that there's differences between the theme parks and that something stratified is on the plans in the future, but pointed to increased surge of covid cases throughout the world and states and not right time to talk on theme parks ----

My interpretation -- not anytime soon on those specific plans -- at least through the holidays.

Anaheim specific Q asked - nonresponse beyond safety and medicine first. He hinted that there's differences between the theme parks and that something stratified is on the plans in the future, but pointed to increased surge of covid cases throughout the world and states and not right time to talk on theme parks ----

My interpretation -- not anytime soon on those specific plans -- at least through the holidays.
Yeah, the reporter asked what the had to say to people like us and the people in Anaheim who need the parks open, given that Disney has opened parks worldwide with no problems. Newsom answered with a generic statement about how cases are rising worldwide so it was "self evident" that we should not open parks where people would mix. He ended with the "letting science and data guide out decisions" nonsense, and mentioned his kids (those poor kids).

My voice just joins the collective scream. I really can't wait to see Disney sue him silly. Seems like the only possible outcome at this point.

Did you guys also catch that he also moved the bar on the data again? LA County went from I think 7.8/100k to 11/100k cases. He blamed it on a data glitch in the way it was being reported. We are never getting out of this.

I just realized you can book a room at DLH for specific dates in April with Dapper Days, but you can't book a stay past Jan 5 if you're going directly thru the hotel website. That doesn't seem fair.

I just realized you can book a room at DLH for specific dates in April with Dapper Days, but you can't book a stay past Jan 5 if you're going directly thru the hotel website. That doesn't seem fair.
Usually group room blocks are separate from regular bookings which is what is on the dapper days site.

Did you guys also catch that he also moved the bar on the data again? LA County went from I think 7.8/100k to 11/100k cases. He blamed it on a data glitch in the way it was being reported. We are never getting out of this.
According to my sister they apparently cleared a backlog of testing, and instead of spreading the results to the day the test was taken they just lumped them all on the day the specimens were analyzed.
I love it when dirty data is analyzed and has policy ramifications don’t you?

According to my sister they apparently cleared a backlog of testing, and instead of spreading the results to the day the test was taken they just lumped them all on the day the specimens were analyzed.
I love it when dirty data is analyzed and has policy ramifications don’t you?
So, if that's true, then we should see a big drop next week. Then again, I saw a report that they are now blaming Lakers celebrations on a big jump in cases. Why that and not - nah, I'm not even going to finish. I just have no words. So discouraged right now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter