Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

Will this ruling impact the decisions he’s already made for Disneyland reopening in the yellow tier and the other restrictions? Or will that only be possible if they (theme parks) pursue legal action?

Will this ruling impact the decisions he’s already made for Disneyland reopening in the yellow tier and the other restrictions? Or will that only be possible if they (theme parks) pursue legal action?
No, not right away. As the saying goes though (is it a saying?) You can't turn the train around until you stop its forward motion.

I don't have full understanding of the situation, but it looks like the lawsuit was mainly regarding an executive order which Newson wanted the counties to send all residents absentee ballots. Does this lawsuit also pertain to the Disneyland opening rules?

I don't have full understanding of the situation, but it looks like the lawsuit was mainly regarding an executive order which Newson wanted the counties to send all residents absentee ballots. Does this lawsuit also pertain to the Disneyland opening rules?
I don’t think this decision will reverse any of his orders, but it does prevent him from issuing future orders that change laws. At least until the appellate courts have their say...

Disneyland Paris is normally open 365 a year. They are just hoping for the Christmas holidays (the school holidays are approx. the same throughout Europe) to be open. That will be the only time they reach the max. of their limited capacity.

They will close the first 6 weeks of 2021 because it's very low season. During the week 5 minute queues for almost every ride. They had special seasons the last few years to persuade AP holders to come.
The weather is awful, usually cold and rainy and grey... It's probably cheaper to close.

We had the same in Disneyland Paris. I think you could get a map at City Hall, but you had to ask for it. All the normal distribution points were empty and they were promoting the app with every e-mail.
Thank you for this clarification -- it is very helpful to have the European perspective.

Does anyone here think there’s the possibility that, when they finally open, they will limit park attendance to Disney resort property hotel reservations only? We have our current DVC reservation for June (having already cancelled twice) and usually meet local family members for the week. I’m scared that if they can fill the 25% park capacity with hotel reservations, they might do it because that would be the biggest bang for their buck. Thus making our disneyland family reunion a “no-go”. Yes, there would be an AP problem to sort out, but per recent emails they are considering changes for the program.
Take a look at the WDW reservation system that is currently being used. That should alleviate much of your anxiety. The WDW system (which Josh D'Amaro has said will be similar to the DLR reservation system) uses separate pools for on site guests, APs, and day ticket guests. (Note that all 3 groups are included in the reservation system -- Disneyland has already said that everyone, including APs, will be using the reservation system -- it is on the website and on the app -- it will not be exclusive to one group and exclude everyone else.) No one group is able to grab all the reservations for any given day. This should not be the mad dash/free for all that you are fearing.
What recent emails are you referencing which say that Disney is "considering changes for the [AP] program"?

Does anyone here think there’s the possibility that, when they finally open, they will limit park attendance to Disney resort property hotel reservations only? We have our current DVC reservation for June (having already cancelled twice) and usually meet local family members for the week. I’m scared that if they can fill the 25% park capacity with hotel reservations, they might do it because that would be the biggest bang for their buck. Thus making our disneyland family reunion a “no-go”. Yes, there would be an AP problem to sort out, but per recent emails they are considering changes for the program.
Like LuckyRabbit says, looking at the WDW system it's unlikely that they will go for hotel guests only. Also looking at other themeparks across the world, but also zoos and museums (basically any place where you have APs) usually have at least 2 reservation systems, one for day guests and one for AP holders.

This has nothing to do with theme parks, it has to do with the election so it's very irrelevant.
Yes and no. The ruling had to do with the Governor's executive order re: all mail-in ballots (so yes, irrelevant). However, the ruling also stated that all of the laws he is making without consent of the other branches of government are illegal - so he has to stop doing that. Things like the color scheme and deciding what can open under what circumstance (thus the relevance). Unfortunately, the ruling does not undo what he has done - it only orders him to stop.

Yes and no. The ruling had to do with the Governor's executive order re: all mail-in ballots (so yes, irrelevant). However, the ruling also stated that all of the laws he is making without consent of the other branches of government are illegal - so he has to stop doing that. Things like the color scheme and deciding what can open under what circumstance (thus the relevance). Unfortunately, the ruling does not undo what he has done - it only orders him to stop.

The executive order involved the requirement that election officials make available 100s of places for people to cast votes in the election. The CA legislature ended up approving the same mandate, so it has no effect on this election. The judge’s ruling contradicts numerous other rulings upholding the Governor’s emergency powers and I think it is likely he will challenge it. But like you said, it doesn’t undo anything that has already been done.

Disneyland probably will open up right away after the election.
I guarantee it’ll open after the election. Sometime within a day to 18 months after ;-).
Well, given that today is the election, if you bet that the parks would open up any day after today, you'd be a winner! So, @WonkaKid , I hope you placed that bet. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter