Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

I'm more worried about the staffing shortage going on... if anyone's been following Mice Chats reports on that it's probably (aside from the state) the biggest roadblock to returning to park normalcy. Maybe once CMs aren't required to police masks (which does indeed sound like a job I wouldn't want) it'll get better and more people will want to return or work there.

So going on the assumption that capacity will did increase significantly after the 15th, do people think they’ll bring back Fastpass/MaxPass with it? I know they haven’t at WDW yet, but crowded parks without it doesn’t sound fun.

So going on the assumption that capacity will did increase significantly after the 15th, do people think they’ll bring back Fastpass/MaxPass with it? I know they haven’t at WDW yet, but crowded parks without it doesn’t sound fun.

Really doubt they will bring back max / fast pass until there are no longer social distancing requirements in the park. They can't have people just sitting in the stand by queues for hours while people using fast passes fly by. Even if the CDC and California say you no longer need to social distance I could see Disneyland keeping it around for a few more months.

Last edited:
Really doubt they will bring back max / fast pass until there are no longer social distancing requirements in the park. They can't have people just sitting in the stand by queues for hours while people using fast passes fly bye. Even if the CDC and California say you no longer need to social distance I could see Disneyland keeping it around for a few more months.
I get what you're saying. I guess I just sort of assumed they would get rid of social distancing before they got rid of masks. I also don't see how they can go to full capacity (or even more than 50%), as some believe they will, if they don't get rid of social distancing.

It'll be interesting to see what they decide and when they decide to implement changes, since so many of us have opinions that vary.

Really doubt they will bring back max / fast pass until there are no longer social distancing requirements in the park. They can't have people just sitting in the stand by queues for hours while people using fast passes fly bye. Even if the CDC and California say you no longer need to social distance I could see Disneyland keeping it around for a few more months.

The one difference with MaxPass from WDW is it generates revenue so there is that which helps. Maybe that will help speed up the return.

But if they don't bring it back at WDW for summer... even after upping capacity (likely) 50% or whatever it will be at.... I don't feel too optimistic about DL having theirs return. I'd love to be surprised though! Since we're coming in August I'm hoping we'll be there for any positive changes like that.

Part of the reason is with no shows, character meets, dining, shops, etc. not being fully open is they need lines to 'eat up' crowds of people. So I don't think we'll get FP back at either park until they open up everything else.

They are also most definitely going to increase capacity as soon as this weekend, since OC will be moving to yellow tier effective Thursday. Watch the calendar over the next few days.
Wonder if dining/restaurant/mobile order capacity will increase with it. We'll be there Memorial Day weekend and have been checking for Cafe Orleans reservations since they opened them up (why do I always have to work when they release them??) with no luck so far. Already concerned that it'll take forever to get food via Mobile Ordering even if we reserve lunch at breakfasttime, etc, and hungry kids are usually cranky.

I'm going to guess that both social distancing will be reduced and that Maxpass will come back soon. Why? MONEY. They need to bring in as much additional revenue as they can at this point and Maxpass is an revenue generator. I expect it to be the ONLY fastpass option (no more free version) and I expect a price tag of $35-50 per person per day to go along with it.

I'm going to guess that both social distancing will be reduced and that Maxpass will come back soon. Why? MONEY. They need to bring in as much additional revenue as they can at this point and Maxpass is an revenue generator. I expect it to be the ONLY fastpass option (no more free version) and I expect a price tag of $35-50 per person per day to go along with it.

Not unless they can fix their staffing shortage to get more things open. Hope this gets better! They don't have the college program to bail them out like WDW does. 😕

On a side note, Id always be willing to pay for it regardless of cost and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Avoiding long waits in lines is my vacay priority #1.

At least the calendar only goes out 60 days so at least gives it some time. I'm sure DL will increase capacity too/add reservations.
Hello- First post on this board so forgive me if I breach ettiquette in some way... I am an experienced WDW veteran, but first time booking DL. I have a hotel reservation and looking (twice a day) to purchase tickets for December. WDW and DL are really, really different in planning/what can be done in advance/how far in advance. Question- Is being able to get tickets to DL just 60 days in advance the norm, or is this a covid thing? I've searched online and can't seem to figure that out. Thank you!

Hello- First post on this board so forgive me if I breach ettiquette in some way... I am an experienced WDW veteran, but first time booking DL. I have a hotel reservation and looking (twice a day) to purchase tickets for December. WDW and DL are really, really different in planning/what can be done in advance/how far in advance. Question- Is being able to get tickets to DL just 60 days in advance the norm, or is this a covid thing? I've searched online and can't seem to figure that out. Thank you!

Prior to covid you would just buy tickets and go to the park on the days you wanted to go. You could literally decide day of if you wanted to buy a ticket and go. The only thing you had to consider was that if you just buying a one day ticket then the price could fluctuate based on how popular disney deemed that day to be. I think WDW did the same.

You should be able to buy tickets, but the 60 day out reservation policy is new post-covid.

It's a covid thing. If you are buying a multi day tickets, you can buy them now. You will have to wait until 60 days in advance to make park reservations.

Prior to covid you would just buy tickets and go to the park on the days you wanted to go. You could literally decide day of if you wanted to buy a ticket and go. The only thing you had to consider was that if you just buying a one day ticket then the price could fluctuate based on how popular disney deemed that day to be. I think WDW did the same.
Thanks- I guess I will keep trying a few times a day- especialy as 6/15 gets closer! Flights already purchased so, man, I sure hope I can get tix!!

Not unless they can fix their staffing shortage to get more things open. Hope this gets better! They don't have the college program to bail them out like WDW does. 😕

They have already increased capacity for the rest of May. Staffing issues aren't stopping them.,

It also seems like WDW plans to resume AP sales around August 16. I expect DL to follow suit around the same time, honestly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter