Disneyland Reopening Speculation Superthread

All reservations are now on the same track as the park reservations and there is plenty availability for BB. I think it's just people who were all trying to go with small crowds and now there are plenty to go around.. At least there is today if you want BB or storytellers in July,

I look forward to whatever pass, But will also go before it too.

All reservations are now on the same track as the park reservations and there is plenty availability for BB. I think it's just people who were all trying to go with small crowds and now there are plenty to go around.. At least there is today if you want BB or storytellers in July,

I look forward to whatever pass, But will also go before it too.

I grabbed a Storytellers breakfast reservation for July 4. This morning there was nothing available.

So many people seem to think that June 15 is the magic day and that on June 16 Disneyland will allow OOS people. I just hope people are not putting all their eggs in one basket and setting themselves up for disappointment
We have a September reservation. I’m giving CA/DL until 6/30 to move forward with OOS visitors (or have a concrete plan/date). we have a backup booked for FL, but CA is just much easier. So we’ll see what happens!

Do we think ride capacity returns to normal throughput after the 15th or do you think they still run at reduced capacity?

I find it hard to imagine haunted returning to regular stretching room capacity levels, likewise for guardians pre show. I also think single riders is still off the table.

If the rides return to normal throughout and capacity stays at say 50%, you could in theory see even shorter lines than when the park is at 25% and distant.

Do we think ride capacity returns to normal throughput after the 15th or do you think they still run at reduced capacity?

I find it hard to imagine haunted returning to regular stretching room capacity levels, likewise for guardians pre show. I also think single riders is still off the table.

If the rides return to normal throughout and capacity stays at say 50%, you could in theory see even shorter lines than when the park is at 25% and distant.
I think if they can, they will. I’ve been watching to see what WDW does, and I think DL will follow that same model if nothing restricts them from doing so.

I think if they can, they will. I’ve been watching to see what WDW does, and I think DL will follow that same model if nothing restricts them from doing so.

I completely agree. They will go as far as they can, when they can. Seeing how they were able to successfully reopen WDW, they won't hesitate to enact the same procedures at DL as soon as the restrictions are lifted by the state. They know they can operate at increased capacity safely, so they will ramp up as quickly as they can.

The thing is, there’s not necessarily a single normal ride capacity. Pre covid, they didn’t run all attractions at max capacity at all times. They adjusted based on expected crowds.

So, I’d think that they will still adjust ride capacity to expected crowd levels. So, lines won’t necessarily be shorter. They’ll take expected crowd levels and factor in staffing and operating costs and lines will be as lengthy as they deem acceptable.

It doesn’t seem like an exact science, so if they err one way, you’ll see shorter lines. If they err the other way, you’ll see longer lines. But things are changing pretty quickly, so either way, whatever happens one day... there’s no guarantee it’ll be the same even a few days later.

I'm very surprised to see the level of confidence that many people are expressing on this thread. 😆 Suddenly some people seem to know exactly how CA/Disney is going to behave!

I am not betting on anything at this point. I have very few predictions other than the fact that I think Disney is going to be behaving in as budget-conscious a way as possible.

I'm very surprised to see the level of confidence that many people are expressing on this thread. 😆 Suddenly some people seem to know exactly how CA/Disney is going to behave!

I am not betting on anything at this point. I have very few predictions other than the fact that I think Disney is going to be behaving in as budget-conscious a way as possible.

same, its like June 15 is some magical date and when the gates open on June 16 Disneyland will be just like it was in February 2020, I sit and wait and watch popcorn::

same, its like June 15 is some magical date and when the gates open on June 16 Disneyland will be just like it was in February 2020, I sit and wait and watch popcorn::

Nah, it's not that it is going to all of a sudden go back to being like it was pre pandemic.

I just think the things like keeping empty rows/boats between parties will go away. I think the plexiglass will go away. I think the 6ft social distancing will go away. I think rides will be able to simply put more people per car than they are now, which will increase capacity naturally. I think the masks will go away outdoors, at least. I think we will be able to walk around and eat, and we will see more quick serve restaurants open with seating inside.

It will be a gradual ramp up to 'normal', but I think it will start happening quickly. Disneyland spent an entire YEAR at the mercy of the state and I think they are ready to let loose as soon as they can. I don't think they will want to be left behind when ALL the other theme parks move full steam ahead, is all I'm saying.

I think the overly cautious posturing of the Disney company was largely a show so they could have leverage in their attempts to reopen Disneyland last year. I have heard that some executives/management in Orlando said things that insinuated such. Now that they are open, I don't think much will stop them, besides potentially some (unknown) caveats in whatever union agreements Disney made in CA. There is a lot of speculation about that, but no one seems to actually know what was in those contracts, and for how long, and under what circumstances changes could be made.

I just think the things like keeping empty rows/boats between parties will go away. I think the plexiglass will go away. I think the 6ft social distancing will go away. I think rides will be able to simply put more people per car than they are now, which will increase capacity naturally. I think the masks will go away outdoors, at least. I think we will be able to walk around and eat, and we will see more quick serve restaurants open with seating inside.

I think these are extremely realistic expectations considering nearly all of this is taking place at WDW already. Disneyland won't be far behind once they have control over their own decisions again.

I think the bigger unknowns are things like parades/fireworks/Oogie Boogie Bash/xmas overlays/etc. I'm not too optimistic on any of that returning soon.

I think these are extremely realistic expectations considering nearly all of this is taking place at WDW already. Disneyland won't be far behind once they have control over their own decisions again.

I think the bigger unknowns are things like parades/fireworks/Oogie Boogie Bash/xmas overlays/etc. I'm not too optimistic on any of that returning soon.

I don't expect to see fireworks, parades, or most shows return this year. I think the live entertainment will trickle back first. I would hope that the holiday decorations happen as usual, though. Didn't WDW decorate last year?

I don't expect to see fireworks, parades, or most shows return this year. I think the live entertainment will trickle back first. I would hope that the holiday decorations happen as usual, though. Didn't WDW decorate last year?
It would be nice if the outdoor entertainment returned sooner rather than later, now that it's allowed under yellow. I'm guessing the cost to do it with the capacity restrictions isn't worth it, but it would still be nice!

Minimal decorations and they got them up pretty late. We stayed up at Pop century the week before thanksgiving and there were no decorations at the resort. I guess the next week though they had up a tree and some other minor decorations in the lobby. There was a huge christmas tree in front of the animal kingdom and in a big one in the magic kingdom, etc.

Minimal decorations and they got them up pretty late. We stayed up at Pop century the week before thanksgiving and there were no decorations at the resort. I guess the next week though they had up a tree and some other minor decorations in the lobby. There was a huge christmas tree in front of the animal kingdom and in a big one in the magic kingdom, etc.

Lots of projections too instead of their usual lights. I wouldn't be surprised to see DL go the same route instead of the castle lights, it's a small world. 😓

I hope I'm wrong though!

It would be nice if the outdoor entertainment returned sooner rather than later, now that it's allowed under yellow. I'm guessing the cost to do it with the capacity restrictions isn't worth it, but it would still be nice!
It won't be for a while. There haven't been any audition notifications yet for any entertainment.

It won't be for a while. There haven't been any audition notifications yet for any entertainment.

But we really want to see the Dapper Dans. We had an amazing time watching them last time. They sang happy birthday to my MIL and myself. Very memorable. I can hope they'll be back by the end of June.

I hope it will be soon. My daughter had just gotten completely through the audition process for something cool in Avengers Campus when it all shut down and that was that. She keeps getting audition things from her agent for WDW but she still has another year of college so that's not an option right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter