Disney's Magical Express and DVC

Mad4Dizne said:
Hi All,
Does anyone know if you have to wait until after May 5th to book transportation through Magic Express and also, what number Dvc'ers call????

Thanks!!!!

(PS--is this program running 5/05-5/06????)
You must book a Disney's Magical Express reservation prior to your arrival. Disney recommends doing so at least 21 days prior to arrival so that there will be time to mail the packet, including luggage tags, to you.

DVCers staying on DVC points should call Member Services. You can call now, as long as you have your flight numbers.

The service will begin May 5, 2005. There is no end date, but, so far, Disney has only promised that it will be complimentary through the end of 2006. It is likely to continue as a complimentary service if Disney achieves their financial goals with this service, but we won't know that until some time in the future.

Just a heads up for others that fall into this category. We're arriving 5/1 and departing BCV 5/6. I had read that you can book ME for one way, which you can. However, MS said I could not. After reviewing the documentation again you can book for one way (either to or from resort). I called MS backed, explained what I had read and it took a while, but I finally was booked for the return trip on 5/6. So, if you are trying to do this type of scenario through MS, be persistent. :cool2:

PCFriar80 said:
After reviewing the documentation again you can book for one way (either to or from resort). I called MS backed, explained what I had read and it took a while, but I finally was booked for the return trip on 5/6. So, if you are trying to do this type of scenario through MS, be persistent. :cool2:

It makes sense that you can book one way. Think of people doing DCL for the first half of a trip, getting the free transfer to WDW. They need a ride back to the airport.

I just got a flyer in my paper today advertising that WDW Resorts now offer Express Bus service from the Orlando airport to your resort hotel -- they pick up your luggage and deliver to your room -- etc....

I'm sure you all have heard of this and probably discussed ---

I would also guess that this does not include DVC members -- what do you know about it?

It also seems that Disney must have cut their "ties" to Mears.... I used them a few times but didn't like having to go on their schedule - plus now with DVC I like to have car to go to store and other places....

What do you all know?

DVC members are eligible to use it!
It starts 5/5/05 as part of the Happiest Celebration on Earth!
I think it will be more organized than Mears was before. I'm sure they'll have a system. They are redesigned shuttles, I saw a pic of them on the transportation forum somewhere.
I'm looking forward to trying it for my November trip.

RoyalCanadian said:
No ties with Mears have been cut -- who do you think is running the Disney Magical Express?

Duh, I forgot to mention that!

How do you "sign up" for it?

We already have reservations for December -- will they be sending stuff out on it?

It is for DVC also - but - does anyone know if they have contracted with more airlines yet? Last I knew they only had a few, and didn't include USAirways, for example.

So - there may be airline restrictions that prevent use.

LoveRafiki said:
How do you "sign up" for it?

We already have reservations for December -- will they be sending stuff out on it?

If you are travelling on or after 5/5/05, just call MS and have them add it to your ressies, but make sure to allow at least 3 weeks, because they have to mail out the special luggage tags, etc.

From what I've read, is that you can still use ME for transportation to and from WDW even if the airline you are using is not registered. You would have to handle your bags yourself if your airline is not registered. If your airline is registered, you will receive a packet in the mail with luggage tags and instructions. I called MS and you can add it to your new or existing ressies thru them.

All airlines can be used for the arrival. For departure, you can only check your luggage at the resort if it's a participating airline. Otherwise, you have to carry your luggage to the bus and check-in at the airport.

Participating airlines include American, Continental, Delta, Song, United and Ted.

Disney hopes to add more to the participation list in the future.

The inbound portion of the service (into Orlando International Airport) is available for all Disney resort guests, regardless of the airline they’ve selected – domestic and international flights.

The outbound portion of Disney’s Magical Express (from a Disney Resort to Orlando International Airport) offers Resort Guests complimentary return transportation from their hotel to Orlando International Airport. For those flying domestically on the following airlines -- American, Delta (including Song), Continental, and United (including Ted), Disney’s Magical Express also offers resort airline check-in that allows these Guests to check their luggage and receive their airline boarding passes at their Walt Disney World Resort. With this service, Guests with late flight departures no longer have to worry about their luggage after they check-out of their Resort; they can simply check their luggage at the Resort Airline Check-in Desk and then enjoy the last day of their stay.

This service is complimentary to Disney Resort guests throughout the Happiest Celebration on Earth, beginning May 5, 2005 and extending throughout the year 2006.

Didn't I also hear something about Magical Express and your guests? I thought I had heard that it's for your entire party ONLY if you are travelling with the person who holds the ressie. In other words, I arrive at noon, and my guests arrive at 3PM. If I go out to the resort, they cannot use Magical Express. Does that sound right? I have a grand villa full of guests this summer, so I need to know if I have to sit at the airport for 3 hours in order for them to have free transportation to OKW. :sad:

In the original press release in December it said that was a partner in the Magical Express :confused3

Thanks DOC - yep, as I expected Air Canada not part of the program - probably due to being unable to do curbside checkin for International flights

cheers
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter