Disney's Magical Express and DVC

Well, we'll see if my DH will want to use the service for outbound. But it sounds great to me. Drop those golf clubs and bags off at the resort, get your boarding passes. :love: No more dance at the curb at MCO handling bags, rental car, ids, etc.. Allow enough time for security but no worries about lines at the skycaps or counters. Again, it sounds sweet to me.

And I trust WDW service at least as well as the major airlines.

MS told me to call them after March 1 to book the service.

We still haven't decided whether we will use it since our trip begins May 11, and I am not sure they will have all of the kinks worked out by then. But, free is so enticing.

I was wondering, if I'm renting DVC points, can I get the benefit of the Disney's Magical Express? I'm very interested in this service, since I'm going with a group of 8 (5 adults, 3 kids) and I'm not planning to rent a car.

Yes. DVC stays also get to use Magical Express. I've got 2 upcoming DVC trips for May and July and they need your flight number, times, and names. They told me they would send the luggage tags to us 2 weeks to 30 days before the trip.

Whoever you rent points from will need your flight info to give to Member Services to schedule your Magical Express.

Good luck! :flower:

This service doesn't start until May, so if you're vacation is sooner, it won't be free.

Does anyone know if the Magical Express transportation service will be provided to DVC members during their stay?

We are using Magical Express for or trip in July. We are going to ASMu first, but we are departing from BCV. I have already signed up for it. (You just have to call and say you want to use Magical Express and give them your flight info.)

:cool1:

sprite said:
We are using Magical Express for or trip in July. We are going to ASMu first, but we are departing from BCV. I have already signed up for it. (You just have to call and say you want to use Magical Express and give them your flight info.)

:cool1:

Do you know how long it will take to get to your resort. We were told several years ago that using the Mears Coach takes you to all of the Resorts and if your resort happens to be last on the list it could take about an hour or so. How is the magical express working?

1. You should be able to book the transfers when you book DVC. I did and there were no problems, aside that it was new and the CM was not used to booking it.

2. I was told that the coach might not go directly to the resort.

Anyone aware how Magical Express will work when the first half of your trip is booked through MS and the secong half through CRO? I may be facing this situation for my May trip. I am short a few points and may take the opportunity to finish my vacation at the AKL .

I am also wondering how long it will take to get from the airport to WDW. In addition, anyone know how soon before your flight you need to leave your hotel for the airport? I know towncar services pick-up 2 hours prior to departure.

Stitch 03 said:
Anyone aware how Magical Express will work when the first half of your trip is booked through MS and the secong half through CRO? I may be facing this situation for my May trip. I am short a few points and may take the opportunity to finish my vacation at the AKL .

I am also wondering how long it will take to get from the airport to WDW. In addition, anyone know how soon before your flight you need to leave your hotel for the airport? I know towncar services pick-up 2 hours prior to departure.

We are starting our trip at BCV and finishing at POR. I just made our ME reservations through MS. They had no problem at all. And to add insult to injury, my dh is arriving with us, but leaving from BCV midway through our stay there!! So, MS had to put us down for 3 arriving on 6/18 to BCV, 1 leaving BCV on 6/22 and then 2 leaving POR on 6/26!! But, they got it all figured out.

It normally takes 30 minutes to get from MCO(OIA) to the resorts. But, with ME no one is really sure. It shouldn't take more than an hour from the time you get off the plane to get to the resort. Should be about the same as a towncar, with checked baggage. The only time it has been really quick is when I had only carry-on and used a towncar. I was checking in to my resort about 40 minutes after my plane landed.

I believe ME will be picking us up about 2 hrs. 45 mins. before our flight times. Probably due to having to go to several different resorts on the same run.

With Disney endorsing (funding, actually) the Magical Express service, I'm sure busses will be running a LOT more frequently than they did with the standard Mears coach service. A bus can only carry so many people.

DCL uses a similar service. I would imagine that WDW is modeling ME off of this. It ran very smoothly for us. No waiting for luggage on arrival! For DCL, they only made one stop besides our resort. I owuld imagine that the additioanl passengers would make only stopping at a couple resorts very possible. We'll have to wait and see until it's beed tried, but I think it should go over very well if it is anything like DCL!

tjkraz said:
With Disney endorsing (funding, actually) the Magical Express service, I'm sure busses will be running a LOT more frequently than they did with the standard Mears coach service. A bus can only carry so many people.

I certainly agree that the service should be faster than just taking a Mears bus. However, if the ME service uses the Mears coach than it is significately larger than a bus and or van. One could wait awhile for the coach to fill up and than there could be several stops involved. I hope the ME service uses vans/buses instead of the coach and that several vans are running throughout the day.

OK..so we have April booked, first two nights at SOG, and then next four at VWL, then two at VB...I think we will pick up a car mid-week after sis-in-law leaves so can get to and from VB...but would be nice if we could get a ride to SOG on Friday...are we eligible, how do we do this?

Thanks!

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earboy2:

My point was that with this being a free service, demand should help insure that it doesn't take long to fill a bus. And, I don't necessarily think they will wait for the bus to fill-up before departure.

Disney's official Travel Agent FAQ indicated that busses would make "three to four stops to drop off guests at various Disney resort hotels." Luggage will be transported separately, so that shouldn't cause any delays.

If memory serves, Disney / Mears ordered 50 brand new state-of-the-art busses exclusively for this service. My guess is that you'll have some logical sharing going on--for instance, SSR and OKW may share a bus route with 2 or 3 busses in service at once. The All-Stars will probably share service, but with many more busses servicing that route at a time due to higher demand.

Unfortunately we're flying into Orlando Sanford this May (the only direct flight available.) If we were going into MCO, I wouldn't hesitate to use this service. I'm sure some people will experience problems. Anyone who flies a couple times per year will have their luggage lost eventually. But I wouldn't let that possibility deter me.

wildcatwmn said:
OK..so we have April booked, first two nights at SOG, and then next four at VWL, then two at VB...I think we will pick up a car mid-week after sis-in-law leaves so can get to and from VB...but would be nice if we could get a ride to SOG on Friday...are we eligible, how do we do this?
The Magical Express starts May 5th. Sorry you wont be able to use it. :sad2:

Hi All,
Does anyone know if you have to wait until after May 5th to book transportation through Magic Express and also, what number Dvc'ers call????

Thanks!!!!

(PS--is this program running 5/05-5/06????)

You don't have to wait to book (Assuming your stay begins on or after May 5).

You call MS to book ME for a DVC points stay.

Best wishes -

P.S. No end date has been announced. Best guess is that it will continue to be free for at least the duration of the Disneyland 50th celelbration. Don't remember when that ends. If ME is deemed a success, perhaps it will continue. Most here think tht Disney will eventually charge for the service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter