Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying at Pop starting on 7/25!!! We check into wdw on 7/21 but the first part of the stay is dvc. Seriously so excited about Pop. We love the resort and this will our first time on the Skyliner! I hope crowds stay low all around.
You know I will be bugging you mercilessly on this thread or the other!!!

You know I will be bugging you mercilessly on this thread or the other!!!
Feel free to bug me, my friend! We've stayed at Pop before but we were actually booked at All Stars Movies this trip. However, that resort is not opening yet so we were moved to Pop. Not sad a bit!!! We love both of these resorts as they both are refurbed with the same room setup and furnishings.

Feel free to bug me, my friend! We've stayed at Pop before but we were actually booked at All Stars Movies this trip. However, that resort is not opening yet so we were moved to Pop. Not sad a bit!!! We love both of these resorts as they both are refurbed with the same room setup and furnishings.
This was us too! We've only stayed at All Stars in the past and this will be the first time at POP! It's fun to read all the resort related posts from you all! :)

Staying at Pop starting on 7/25!!! We check into wdw on 7/21 but the first part of the stay is dvc. Seriously so excited about Pop. We love the resort and this will our first time on the Skyliner! I hope crowds stay low all around.
We check-in on the 24th. First stay at POP for us too and first time using the the Skyliner ;)

Has anyone heard from folks staying at Pop this week & their experiences with the Skyliner? Supposedly it was crazy at Riviera. I want to try to ride ROTR, of course, and I assume you still have to be IN the park for the 10am drop to be able to get it....

Has anyone heard from folks staying at Pop this week & their experiences with the Skyliner? Supposedly it was crazy at Riviera. I want to try to ride ROTR, of course, and I assume you still have to be IN the park for the 10am drop to be able to get it....
I saw a picture that showed that the skyliner starting running at POP/AOA at 9:00 am and HS opens at 10:00 am. I plan on being in line for the skyliner a littler bit before 9:00 am, unless I hear from other people staying right now what their experience has been and if I should be in line earlier.

I saw a picture that showed that the skyliner starting running at POP/AOA at 9:00 am and HS opens at 10:00 am. I plan on being in line for the skyliner a littler bit before 9:00 am, unless I hear from other people staying right now what their experience has been and if I should be in line earlier.
Thanks! I was worried that for some reason it wasn't running until like 9:30/10 which would suck.

For those with recent stays, have the toiletries returned to single use containers?
No. But they do have plastic across all the dispensers with a sticker that says Cleaned on it.

@Katie Count is correct, Skyliner is opening at 9am.

Question regarding Skyliner. Is there someplace in MDE app where I can find out if it is closed for weather or not? I tried yesterday from Epcot, but couldn’t find anything under the resort or transportation or just by searching Skyliner. I know I had notifications set up right because I was getting other messages. I got soaked walking to the bus (rain started in FW) and had a half inch of water in my shoes to dump out when I got back to the resort, no joke! I would have preferred The Skyliner but was afraid I would walk all the way to the back just to find out I needed to walk all the way to the front.

They're now opening reservations for the ROTR virtual queue at 10am, 1pm, and 4pm so if you're not there by 10, there will still be other opportunities during the day to get in the virtual queue.

They're now opening reservations for the ROTR virtual queue at 10am, 1pm, and 4pm so if you're not there by 10, there will still be other opportunities during the day to get in the virtual queue.
I heard that as of right now the ride is so far behind they aren't even bothering with the 4pm one, and the 10am & 1pm ones go in 10-15 seconds, so I really want as many opportunities to get a boarding group as possible. Hopefully it'll get better over the next few weeks, but I'll be there Saturday.

I heard that as of right now the ride is so far behind they aren't even bothering with the 4pm one, and the 10am & 1pm ones go in 10-15 seconds, so I really want as many opportunities to get a boarding group as possible. Hopefully it'll get better over the next few weeks, but I'll be there Saturday.
We'll be there on July 25th, for our one and only trip to HS. Hopefully we can grab one!!

That happened yesterday but considering it was the first day of the 10:00, 1:00 and 4:00 slots it's hard to say what will happen today forward.

I'm worried about snagging a ROTR group too. They seem to be going so fast. We have 2 DHS days coming on 7/23 and 7/27.

We check-in on the 24th. First stay at POP for us too and first time using the the Skyliner ;)
Most of our fam has never been on the Skyliner. Only our dd who was down at wdw in her Disney College Program has ridden it. We are all pretty excited though I am terrified of heights. If it gets stuck, I'm gonna be an all out mess lol!!

Most of our fam has never been on the Skyliner. Only our dd who was down at wdw in her Disney College Program has ridden it. We are all pretty excited though I am terrified of heights. If it gets stuck, I'm gonna be an all out mess lol!!
I’m scared of heights too, unless I am enclosed in something. I have a hard time with roller coasters but I think I’ll be ok on the Skyliner. We will be taking it to Epcot on our first day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter