Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Our first stay at Pop is in a month. I am seeking some advice. We have a breakfast 8:25 breakfast ADR at YC that I might need to change to a later time or maybe even cancel. If the Skyliner starts operation 1 hour before park open, would 8:30 at HS be considered park open taking into account the 30 minute Early Entry? It would seem only onsite guest would be using the Skyliner that early.

Would the following plan theoretically work:
7:00 - Line up for Skyliner
7:30ish - Skyliner opens/board
7:50ish - Exit Skyliner - Show my ADR and take the Epcot line to the IG.
8:15/8:20 Exit Skyliner (Hopefully, Ale and Compass will hold our ADR for 10 minutes if we are late due to a Skyliner hold up)

Thoughts?

Favorite building to stay in? We're planning to use either the skyliner or driving to the parks, not using the bus, if that matters.

The '80s/'90s are right next
Favorite building to stay in? We're planning to use either the skyliner or driving to the parks, not using the bus, if that matters.

to the parking lot and easily walking distance to the Skyliner.

We arrive for a short trip on the same day you arrive! We are leaving WDW Tuesday, the 19th. I am keeping quiet, too. This mini break is needed now more than ever. I have never stayed at Pop before. Looking forward to it!
You’re going to love Pop! We stayed once in 2014 and haven’t been back since. We just got back, and I miss it so much!

Lots of great options here. I like building 1 (50’s section) or building 10 (70’s section). They are right next to parking lots and not far from skyliner. Building 10 is closer to skyliner, building 1 is right next to bowling pin pool.
ETA: Check out the map on page 1, post #2 of this thread. You will see just where everything is.

Building 1 / 50's is my favorite. In eight stays, we've had a building 1 room five times now including this year. If you have a car, it's convenient to the 50's parking lot.

We arrive for a short trip on the same day you arrive! We are leaving WDW Tuesday, the 19th. I am keeping quiet, too. This mini break is needed now more than ever. I have never stayed at Pop before. Looking forward to it!

Excellent! POP is wonderful and I can't wait to get my favorite Disney drink, the Pina Colava, at Petals pool bar.

Our preference is buildings 7 and 10 but if you have a car, 10 is a better option. Have fun! :)

I'm glad to hear everyone is recommending Building 10 for people with cars. My wife and I will be there in mid October for our 5 year anniversary and I requested that building from Touring Plans. We stayed in Building 1 on our first trip to Pop and it was a decent walk to fill mugs and get to the buses every day but easy for the car. We're both off of the sodas that are at Pop, so no mugs this trip for the first time. We'll use buses for MK and try the Skyliner at some point.

I've got 3 rooms at POP in Feb for us and our 20-something children and significant others. I found it hard enough to get everything set up with logins and reservations (we are paying), but got that done. What is the correct way to ask that related reservations be located in the same building? I don't really care if we're all in a row, but it would be nice to be in the same bldg for arrival, departure, and organizing ourselves each day.

I've got 3 rooms at POP in Feb for us and our 20-something children and significant others. I found it hard enough to get everything set up with logins and reservations (we are paying), but got that done. What is the correct way to ask that related reservations be located in the same building? I don't really care if we're all in a row, but it would be nice to be in the same bldg for arrival, departure, and organizing ourselves each day.
I would recommend calling Pop (number on page 1 of this thread) and having your request added to all of the reservations.

Thanks. I think I keep thinking there's a higher tech way to do anything! This makes sense!
There might be (I thought so too) but I can't seem to find anything right now that offers you the opportunity to link reservations. If might be there but I can't find it at the moment. A call will do it for sure.

Does Everything Pop sell Disney face masks? If not, can I still find them in the parks? Arriving Tuesday and hoping replace a few that have gotten lost since last year.

If anyone is arriving tomorrow through the 29th and don’t already have a room discount they’ve opened more up. I was just able to change our Standard reservation to Standard Pool View but all levels were open, our trip is Sept 18-25. Wouldn’t hurt to check. 😊😊

Our first stay at Pop is in a month. I am seeking some advice. We have a breakfast 8:25 breakfast ADR at YC that I might need to change to a later time or maybe even cancel. If the Skyliner starts operation 1 hour before park open, would 8:30 at HS be considered park open taking into account the 30 minute Early Entry? It would seem only onsite guest would be using the Skyliner that early.

Would the following plan theoretically work:
7:00 - Line up for Skyliner
7:30ish - Skyliner opens/board
7:50ish - Exit Skyliner - Show my ADR and take the Epcot line to the IG.
8:15/8:20 Exit Skyliner (Hopefully, Ale and Compass will hold our ADR for 10 minutes if we are late due to a Skyliner hold up)

Thoughts?

Someone would have to confirm, but I don't think the Skyliner runs to Epcot as early as it runs to Hollywood Studios. You may have to do something like take the Skyliner to HS and then walk to YC. I don't know that you have time for that, but it is a lovely walk in the early morning.

Someone would have to confirm, but I don't think the Skyliner runs to Epcot as early as it runs to Hollywood Studios. You may have to do something like take the Skyliner to HS and then walk to YC. I don't know that you have time for that, but it is a lovely walk in the early morning.
They are running the Epcot line because all of the Epcot hotel guests need to go to HS. If you show your dining reservation, they will let you board the skyliner to Epcot.

Yes, as @scrappinginontario suggested, call and have the request added to each reservation. You should already have them "linked" and that helps. Keep the reservation numbers for all handy. You may all get a text before you arrive that will include your room numbers, so you'll know. If you're not all checking in at the same time, you might have the first to check in mention the requests to the check in CM to make sure it got noted. In August my daughter and I checked in a day before my sister and her kids. I had noted the requests on both of our reservations, but the request did NOT appear on either of our reservations when we got there. I asked the CM to place a note on my sister's ressie and he did. They were assigned to the same building and even same floor as us. (They later had to move because a crazy couple that needed to divorce was next door, but that's a story for another day. Even then, my sis was assigned to the same building but a different floor -- much quieter room.). Good luck!

Stayed at Pop in August. We had breakfast reservations at Cape May Cafe at the Beach Club at 8:30 a.m. one day and Topolino’s at the Riveria at 8:05 a.m. another. We were able to ride the skyliner with no problem. They do have all routes open that early in the morning specifically for dining reservations. In order to ride, you just need to show the cast member your reservation information and they will let you on the Epcot route even if it is not open for the parks yet. The only thing would change that would be unforeseen weather or maintenance issues. In that case, you could take a cab/ ride share if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter