Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

How are the bus waits in the morning to AK and MK? We are arriving on Thursday and will go to AK that morning. Should arrive around 7ish in the morning as we have a 3 hour drive.
just wanted to plan the bus schedule with park openings. People were lined up on our last trip in February like an hour and a half before.

Saw huge line at Petals tonight (Fridaynight ) at 10p.m....
Loved the thunder&lighting storm today.
I think The SkyLiner is required to wait No lightning for 30 minutes within area but the time frame will start all over again if it is spotted.
Then the entire SkyLiner must cycle thru the system to verify safety.

The Haunted Mansion w/ Leota design is #13

So, if the skyliner goes down for lightning do they immediately start sending buses to shuttle between Pop and HS and Epcot? How does that work?

So, if the skyliner goes down for lightning do they immediately start sending buses to shuttle between Pop and HS and Epcot? How does that work?

Yes, they put buses in service. But in my experience it does take a bit for the transition to occur and it can be an awkward time as people are trying to figure out what to do. Perhaps a bit chaotic. I’m a Skyliner fan except for when storms roll through. It can make what should be an otherwise easy trip wherever you are going much more complicated.

It’s especially awkward if you are at the Epcot Intl Gateway Skyliner station trying to get back to places like Pop, Riv, AoA. They will tell you to go to the BWI bus station. It’s the one circumstance which, IMO, highlights a flaw with the Skyliner.

Best to sit tight wherever you are, get a drink, and wait for storms to roll through. :-)

Yes, they put buses in service. But in my experience it does take a bit for the transition to occur and it can be an awkward time as people are trying to figure out what to do. Perhaps a bit chaotic. I’m a Skyliner fan except for when storms roll through. It can make what should be an otherwise easy trip wherever you are going much more complicated.

It’s especially awkward if you are at the Epcot Intl Gateway Skyliner station trying to get back to places like Pop, Riv, AoA. They will tell you to go to the BWI bus station. It’s the one circumstance which, IMO, highlights a flaw with the Skyliner.

Best to sit tight wherever you are, get a drink, and wait for storms to roll through. :-)
Yeah, definitely less appealing to stay at Pop in late August (when we usually stay) with daily afternoon, come from out of nowhere, rain/lightening storms.

But stop for a drink? Yes. Always a great idea! :thumbsup2

How are the bus waits in the morning to AK and MK? We are arriving on Thursday and will go to AK that morning. Should arrive around 7ish in the morning as we have a 3 hour drive.
just wanted to plan the bus schedule with park openings. People were lined up on our last trip in February like an hour and a half before.
It is still recommended that you arrive at the bus/Skyliner 90 mins prior to the posted park opening time if you wish to be in a park for Rope Drop.

So is the skyliner REALLY convenient? Does it make POP worth it for a solo trip for Food and Wine? It will be a few years before this trip, but I was looking to keep the budget a bit lower and switching from POFQ (my normal resort) to POP was one of the ideas. I would be going for 4 days with 3 of those planned around Epcot for F&W.

Definitely agree about the IG Station when Skyliner goes down.

When we were sent to the BWI Bus Depot a while back it was a total mess-Disney doesn't appear to have put much planning into this situation surprisingly.

Even saw a recent report where Guests were not told to go to the BWI Bus Depot for transport back to the Skyliner Resorts,but were told to take a Disney Springs bus from Beach Club and transfer to their Resort bus at Disney Springs!

I bet that went over good with Skyliner Resort Guests!lol :)

So is the skyliner REALLY convenient? Does it make POP worth it for a solo trip for Food and Wine? It will be a few years before this trip, but I was looking to keep the budget a bit lower and switching from POFQ (my normal resort) to POP was one of the ideas. I would be going for 4 days with 3 of those planned around Epcot for F&W.
Yes. I became spoiled to the Skyliner after my first day using it on my February 2020 trip, and my trip in late April only confirmed that. It's a much more comfortable ride and the wait time for boarding seems shorter. If you're planning your trip around EPCOT, I think it's definitely worth it. You'll have a much shorter wait entering the park at the International Gateway than at the main entrance as well, and a shorter walk to the Skyliner at the end of the day. The line may be long, but it usually moves pretty fast.

The actual bus ride to or from Pop/AofA/POFQ will take less time then the skyliner ride, but since the skyliner is bringing you to World Showcase where you want to go, then yes, definitely more convenient. I know some solo people aren't comfortable sharing a skyliner with others, so that might be something to consider.

Are there still snacks available for purchase at Everything Pop Shopping? If so, does anyone know what’s available right now?

Are there still snacks available for purchase at Everything Pop Shopping? If so, does anyone know what’s available right now?
No,they were taken out a while back and the Cooler has been gone for several years.

I am not sure if there are still the Disney-brand candies in there,but don't remember seeing them.

Hopefully a snack selection in Everything Pop Shopping will return at some point.

And when the Grab 'n Go reopens in Everything Pop Dining(hopefully soon!) that will really help as well.

Until then there are the Vending Machines in each Building and in the Laundries.(Better than nothing!) :)

And also some snacks are currently available on Mobile Order.(limited selection)

Last edited:
So wait, Pop doesn’t have the coolers that every other resort has with milk, beer, sodas, etc? That’s crazy!

my sister is at pop now. the rd/ak bus line this morning began before she got there at 6:15 a.m. and i'm really not sure if she even got on the first bus! she said the line was super long behind her and that was 6:15! the other day the mk/rd line for bus at pop was same circumstance.
She finds 7 a.m. mobile ordering to get the food at 7 a.m. good but after that like after 7:30 it can get crowded. for pop
she got caught in rain at ig epcot on her first day there a few days ago and didn't want to run to the front of the epcot park and skyliner was down. she went to beach club, got soaked, hoping for an uber which there weren't any. she waited it out in the lobby.

So wait, Pop doesn’t have the coolers that every other resort has with milk, beer, sodas, etc? That’s crazy!

They do have those coolers, but they are inside the food court area and not the gift shop area. However, because of where they are located, I've read that self-serve access to those coolers has been blocked due to the mobile order setup. It looks like you can still order those cooler items in your mobile order, though.

They do have those coolers, but they are inside the food court area and not the gift shop area. However, because of where they are located, I've read that self-serve access to those coolers has been blocked due to the mobile order setup. It looks like you can still order those cooler items in your mobile order, though.
Gotcha! No worries then. We are going in October and with how fast things keep changing, I’m hoping that will change as well.

I posted this on the rope drop board - Does the skyliner start early enough to get to HS for rope drop? Or do we need to make other arrangements?

I posted this on the rope drop board - Does the skyliner start early enough to get to HS for rope drop? Or do we need to make other arrangements?
I don't know how thing are post covid days, but on our trip in November '19, but we took the Skyliner to HS for rope drop and we were one of the first people held before security opened.

I have done two solo trips at POP, one pre-Skyliner (October 2017, Food & Wine) and one in January 2020 (Festival of the Arts) with the Skyliner. I felt POP was the perfect resort! I spend very little time at the resort. And yes the Skyliner, to me anyway, makes getting to Epcot and the Studios VERY convenient. I'll be there in October, solo again, but my little family of 3 also loves staying at POP.

Everything Pop Shopping did for years,but no longer.

The Sundries are now in the spot where the Coolers once were.

There are the standard Coolers in Everything Pop Dining.

My guess is because Everything Pop Shopping and Everything Pop Dining are "connected" and have the same hours Disney decided it was "redundant" to have Coolers in both locations.

Hopefully the Grab 'n Go section of Everything Pop Dining(where the Coolers are located) will reopen sooner rather than later.

I am thinking that the arrival of all those GROOVY College Program Cast Members this Month is really going to ramp up much needed reopenings! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter