Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

What is the best way to get to Topolino’s from Pop before Epcot opens? I’d like to have an early breakfast there before heading to Epcot. Are you allowed onto the Skyliner if you have a breakfast ADR?

I’ll have our three year old granddaughter with me and no car or car seat. DGD is Frozen mad and I’d like to make rope drop from the International Gateway.

We won‘t have a car or car seat with us.

Thanks!

my sister is at pop now. the rd/ak bus line this morning began before she got there at 6:15 a.m. and i'm really not sure if she even got on the first bus! she said the line was super long behind her and that was 6:15! the other day the mk/rd line for bus at pop was same circumstance.
She finds 7 a.m. mobile ordering to get the food at 7 a.m. good but after that like after 7:30 it can get crowded. for pop
she got caught in rain at ig epcot on her first day there a few days ago and didn't want to run to the front of the epcot park and skyliner was down. she went to beach club, got soaked, hoping for an uber which there weren't any. she waited it out in the lobby.
If you wish to rope drop a park, it is recommended you arrive at the bus stop or skyliner 90 mins before posted park opening time. For MK right now that would be 6:30 as the park has a posted park opening time of 8 AM and an actual opening time around 7:15. With the food court opening at 7 AM it is not possible to be at MK for rope drop if choosing to wait for Pop food court to open. We normally grab something in MK after doing a few attractions but breakfast options are limited. Having something to eat in the room is a great option.
What is the best way to get to Topolino’s from Pop before Epcot opens? I’d like to have an early breakfast there before heading to Epcot. Are you allowed onto the Skyliner if you have a breakfast ADR?

I’ll have our three year old granddaughter with me and no car or car seat. DGD is Frozen mad and I’d like to make rope drop from the International Gateway.

Thanks!
You may ride the Epcot bound line of the Skyliner from CBR, prior to park opening. Cast Members may ask to see confirmation of your dining reservation at Topolino's as technically the portion of the line heading towards Epcot does not open to guest until about an hour before posted park opening time.

You may ride the Epcot bound line of the Skyliner from CBR, prior to park opening. Cast Members may ask to see confirmation of your dining reservation at Topolino's as technically the portion of the line heading towards Epcot does not open to guest until about an hour before posted park opening time.

Thank you! Will we be allowed on early at Pop too? I usually drive and am halfway tempted to do so this time but the thought of 18 hours alone in a car with a three year old doesn’t appeal!

Thank you! Will we be allowed on early at Pop too? I usually drive and am halfway tempted to do so this time but the thought of 18 hours alone in a car with a three year old doesn’t appeal!
How early is your reservation?

I'm sorry, I assumed that since you were only asking about the Epcot line that it was after the Pop line was already up and running. If your reservation is before the Skyliner is running for the day you will need to find an alternate method of transportation as the Skyliner does not run early for dining reservations. It normally opens around an hour-ish before the first park opens.

Thanks!

We had a 10 am reservation so the Pop line was open before we needed to head that way (it opened at 8am). The Epcot line didn't open until 10am which would have been too late but yes, all we had to do was show our dining reservation information and they let us ride even though it wasn't officially open for general guests. Super easy! We found the skyliner to be delightful!

So is the skyliner REALLY convenient? Does it make POP worth it for a solo trip for Food and Wine? It will be a few years before this trip, but I was looking to keep the budget a bit lower and switching from POFQ (my normal resort) to POP was one of the ideas. I would be going for 4 days with 3 of those planned around Epcot for F&W.
We found it to be super convenient.
I posted this on the rope drop board - Does the skyliner start early enough to get to HS for rope drop? Or do we need to make other arrangements?
We were there last week and the skyliner opened at 8am when Hollywood opened at 9am. We got to the skyliner at about 7:45am, there were a couple of families in front of us but we got right on and had no problem getting to HS in plenty of time (the park was open and we got 2 rides in before official opening time). Although I am hearing this week the RD procedure has changed a little so YMMV.

We were there last week and the skyliner opened at 8am when Hollywood opened at 9am. We got to the skyliner at about 7:45am, there were a couple of families in front of us but we got right on and had no problem getting to HS in plenty of time (the park was open and we got 2 rides in before official opening time). Although I am hearing this week the RD procedure has changed a little so YMMV.

How long were the waits at CBR? I saw some recent youtube videos where the line was 25-30 minutes for a good portion of the morning.

How long were the waits at CBR? I saw some recent youtube videos where the line was 25-30 minutes for a good portion of the morning.
We didn't have any waits at CBR anytime except for the one time when we got to the Epcot line before it opened. Our Hollywood Studios day the line was open so we just walked from one to the other and got right on. On our Epcot day we had to wait a few minutes for the Epcot line to open but then it moved right along. It might have been 10 minutes maybe? We never had any wait long enough to time it. Honestly the wait to get on the Epcot line may have worked in our favor because as we were flying over we could see the wait to get into Epcot but once we got off the skyliner and made our way down to the entrance the line had started moving and thinned out significantly. We almost walked right up to security where as when we were still on the skyliner we could see a significant line waiting. Our wait for the Epcot skyliner to open meant a nice covered wait as opposed to standing in the sun at the IG entrance waiting there. We were a little nervous leaving Epcot because we stayed until close but there were only a handful of families in front of us and it was nothing (helped out by no nighttime entertainment I am sure). We absolutely loved the skyliner rides!

Thank you! This was the info. I was looking for!

I have done two solo trips at POP, one pre-Skyliner (October 2017, Food & Wine) and one in January 2020 (Festival of the Arts) with the Skyliner. I felt POP was the perfect resort! I spend very little time at the resort. And yes the Skyliner, to me anyway, makes getting to Epcot and the Studios VERY convenient. I'll be there in October, solo again, but my little family of 3 also loves staying at POP.
Thank you and all the others who answered. I really appreciate it.

It would be a 4 day trip. One day at Magic Kingdom and 3 at Epcot. For one of those I would for sure be doing Future World in the morning. Then the other 2 days would be primarily be in World Showcase for Food and Wine. Plus, since I will be solo most likely (small chance a friend will come, she is invited but I know she wants to travel elsewhere the next few years and we are doing a big Disney trip next year already), the room set up with one of the beds being a fold down would be perfect.

I do have concerns with sharing on the skyliner, but I can get over that I am sure. The positives of the resort and skyliner access most likely will outweigh that worry.

Thanks!
We asked and was told to just advise the CM that we had a reservation and they would let us on the Epcot line. We decided to just use Lyft. Much less of a hassle.

A couple weeks ago we had waits of between 20-25 minutes at the CBR station. This was for going to both HS & Epcot. The line was constantly moving so it seemed to go quick.

We had a 10 am reservation so the Pop line was open before we needed to head that way (it opened at 8am). The Epcot line didn't open until 10am which would have been too late but yes, all we had to do was show our dining reservation information and they let us ride even though it wasn't officially open for general guests. Super easy! We found the skyliner to be delightful!

I would like to make an 8:30 or 9:00am ADR for breakfast at Topolino's. So the Skyliner will be open at 8 BUT can I take it all the way to the Riviera or will have to walk from the CBR station? Riviera is on Epcot line isn't it, I can't remember. Last trip was January 2020.

I would like to make an 8:30 or 9:00am ADR for breakfast at Topolino's. So the Skyliner will be open at 8 BUT can I take it all the way to the Riviera or will have to walk from the CBR station? Riviera is on Epcot line isn't it, I can't remember. Last trip was January 2020.
What time does DHS open the day of your reservation?

If DHS opens at 9:00 you should be fine as the Skyliner will start running from Pop around 7:45ish. You will take the Skyliner to CBR and then transfer to the Epcot line to take it to Riviera. You will need to show your dining reservation to the Cast Member's at the CBR station to prove dining commitment and they will allow you to board the Epcot bound line.

Note: You will want to arrive at Pop's Skyliner station by 7:30 at the very latest for an 8:30 reservation.

What time does DHS open the day of your reservation?

If DHS opens at 9:00 you should be fine as the Skyliner will start running from Pop around 7:45ish. You will take the Skyliner to CBR and then transfer to the Epcot line to take it to Riviera. You will need to show your dining reservation to the Cast Member's at the CBR station to prove dining commitment and they will allow you to board the Epcot bound line.

Note: You will want to arrive at Pop's Skyliner station by 7:30 at the very latest for an 8:30 reservation.

My trip is in October so openings aren't set yet, but it will probably be 9:00 for DHS.

My trip is in October so openings aren't set yet, but it will probably be 9:00 for DHS.
If your trip is in October then park hours will be out before booking your dining reservation. You will want to make sure your dining reservation is no more than 30 minutes before DHS park opening if you are wanting to take the Skyliner to Topolinos.

Last edited:
Anyone there now, are they still giving you to go cups for refillable mugs or they filling the actual cup?

If you wish to rope drop a park, it is recommended you arrive at the bus stop or skyliner 90 mins before posted park opening time. For MK right now that would be 6:30 as the park has a posted park opening time of 8 AM and an actual opening time around 7:15. With the food court opening at 7 AM it is not possible to be at MK for rope drop if choosing to wait for Pop food court to open. We normally grab something in MK after doing a few attractions but breakfast options are limited. Having something to eat in the room is a great option.

This was not the case when we there in April. Did you actually do this?

I have not because we still cannot travel but many people have reported being able to do this.

The Epcot portion of the Skyliner is running because it is bringing guests from the boardwalk resorts and Riviera, you just can't take it towards Epcot UNLESS you have a dining reservation and show your confirmation to the CM's at the CBR station.

Here's one from just yesterday and there are others that I have read.

Are you asking if someone actually was able to ride the skyliner to the Riviera even though the Epcot line wasn't officially open? Yes, my family and I did. We asked a couple of days prior what would be the best way and the CM said to just show our reservation and they would let us on. We did just that and it worked exactly as explained. Super easy and they were soo pleasant about accommodating us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter