Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

In the morning if we’re a bit late for ETPE
and the skyliner is backed up. Would it make sense to drive to Epcot or HS?
Personally, no. The Skyliner moves constantly and drops you at the park entrance at both parks. (Front DHS, International Gateway Epcot). Driving includes walking to your car, driving, toll booths even though you don’t need to pay, parking, walking to park entrance. Many of those have possibilities of lines.

To me Skyliner is much faster than all of those steps.

Last edited:
Personally, no. The Skyliner moves constantly and drops you at the park entrance at both parks. (Front DHS, International Gateway Epcot). Driving includes walking to your car, driving, toll booths even though you don’t need to pay, parking, either taking parking tram (restarting Feb 23rd) or walking to park entrance. Many of those have possibilities of lines.

To me Skyliner is much faster than all of those steps.
Just a quick note that parking lot trams are not returning on Feb 23 - that's for Disneyland, not WDW. And I agree, Skyliner is way faster even if there's a line! Much better than driving. Only time I would drive is if the weather is really bad and I'm worried the Skyliner will be down. Not that you'd be stranded in that case, but I'd rather have my own car then instead of having to take the bus.

Just a quick note that parking lot trams are not returning on Feb 23 - that's for Disneyland, not WDW. And I agree, Skyliner is way faster even if there's a line! Much better than driving. Only time I would drive is if the weather is really bad and I'm worried the Skyliner will be down. Not that you'd be stranded in that case, but I'd rather have my own car then instead of having to take the bus.
Thank you, I removed my incorrect info from the post above. Appreciate you letting me know!

Wowser! That is ridiculous and then you get on the Skyliner and change for Epcot only to end up at the back of the queue again at CBR?

I am amazed each time we have visited for the last trips pre-Covid and now post-Covid on several occasions at the early morning crowds. In the "good old days", a minimal and manageable number of people rope dropped. Now, it seems, everyone rope drops and it is like the running of the bulls at park opening or ETPE.

Since the advent of the Skyliner, the IG at EPCOT has become a nightmare for those staying in the Boardwalk area unless you are queued up at the gate at least an hour before opening thus avoiding all of those on the Skyliner. Prior to the Skyliner, you could mosey/meander over a half an hour pre-opening and still be one of the first 20 or so folks through the gate.

That said, we are staying for the first time ever at Pop really soon. We aren't going to arrive on day one until well after rope drop at Epcot so no worries there. It will be an issue for DHS the next day. . .:headache:

I actually do have a question about Pop. We will be driving (another first) and so won't need to store luggage BUT we will have beverages that will require refrigeration if the room is not yet ready. Does the limited bell services at Pop have cooling storage capabilities?

This is a short two day trip at the tail end of a visit to Atlanta and Naples. We have never stayed at Pop, but it was available and we don't need much for two days--the Disney visit is how my husband got me to agree to the driving portion from Atlanta to Naples and back to Orlando.
Regarding taking the Skyliner from Pop to DHS for ETPE rope drop: On Jan 31, we got in line for the Pop Skyliner at 7:25am and (even with changing lines at CBR) we were through DHS tapstiles at 7:50 and in line for MMRR at 7:55! There was a bit of a line ahead of us, but we were off the ride at 8:30. Arriving at the Skyliner at 7am (90 min before ETPE) would have gotten us even closer to the front of the line.

First time at Pop over, and I have to say I would definitely stay here again. Great staff and very helpful. I got a microwave in my room with 30 minutes of requesting it. I gave an arrival time of 10:30am, and they had my room ready by 10:45am. I was in building 2, which is in the 50s section in the back. It’s a great spot if you’re looking for peace and quiet and my room was on the end so it had a great view of the lake and skyliner. However, if, like me, you have mobility issues I cannot recommend it. It was just way too far from everything. I bought a refillable mug before my room was ready and regretted it. I had to take my mug with me to the park in order to refill it at the resort because it was just too far to come back from walking all day in the park, hike to my room then all the way back to the refill station and back to my room. Happy to answer any questions!

First time at Pop over, and I have to say I would definitely stay here again. Great staff and very helpful. I got a microwave in my room with 30 minutes of requesting it. I gave an arrival time of 10:30am, and they had my room ready by 10:45am. I was in building 2, which is in the 50s section in the back. It’s a great spot if you’re looking for peace and quiet and my room was on the end so it had a great view of the lake and skyliner. However, if, like me, you have mobility issues I cannot recommend it. It was just way too far from everything. I bought a refillable mug before my room was ready and regretted it. I had to take my mug with me to the park in order to refill it at the resort because it was just too far to come back from walking all day in the park, hike to my room then all the way back to the refill station and back to my room. Happy to answer any questions!
Waiting to see where our room is probably would be a good idea before buying the mug. To bad they don’t have refill stations throughout the resort like Caribbean Beach.

I’m sorry if this is already been posted, but I see there seems to be a major cheerleading competition taking place at Disney World in late April. Does anyone know where the large groups are staying? Please tell me not Pop!

Yes but it's often out of order. We couldn't get it to work when we were there and when we asked at Petals they said they often have to call as it doesn't work properly 50% of the time. We only tried once so possibly others have had more success?
That is the one good thing about our CBR stay, the refill station was right close to our building. So convenient.

I’m sorry if this is already been posted, but I see there seems to be a major cheerleading competition taking place at Disney World in late April. Does anyone know where the large groups are staying? Please tell me not Pop!

I don’t know where they’re staying in April, but I can confirm there were cheer groups at Pop when I was there this month. I must say I saw them around the resort, but they didn’t affect my stay at all.

It is possible a few Cheerleaders could stay at POP,but the Host Resorts for Cheerleading and Dance Worlds are Coronado Springs and All-Star Movies and for The Summit they are Coronado Springs and All-Star Resort.

The Cheerleading Worlds Registration Information (joomag.com)

VAS_Summit_Pricing_21.22.pdf (varsity.com)

we were at all star music in February and there was a ton of cheerleaders there. They had signs around the resort telling them where to go for registration. Anyway they didn’t affect us in the least. We saw groups coming and going but even in the food court it was a non issue. They weren’t loud or anything. Never on our busses. When our driver picked us up he commented that we were too quick because a team was rehearsing and he wanted to watch because he can’t believe how athletic their routines are. We didn’t even see that lol.

I just did my online checkin for next month and noticed the only section to request now is the 50’s. i thought it was just the 60’s that needed to be requested by calling. Maybe I missed the info but I wanted to share

I just did my online checkin for next month and noticed the only section to request now is the 50’s. i thought it was just the 60’s that needed to be requested by calling. Maybe I missed the info but I wanted to share
Thank you. Yes, unfortunately this is a known glitch that has been reported multiple times but Disney IT has not corrected it . If you wish to request an area for a standard room other than the 50's or 70's, please call. The number to call is listed in Post 1 of this thread.

Thank you. Yes, unfortunately this is a known glitch that has been reported multiple times but Disney IT has not corrected it . If you wish to request an area for a standard room other than the 50's or 70's, please call. The number to call is listed in Post 1 of this thread.
70’s was not an option. Just 50’s.

I thought it was a new thing,only having 50’s as an option online.

70’s was not an option. Just 50’s.

I thought it was a new thing,only having 50’s as an option online.
I wonder if it's where you're logging in from possibly? I just checked both the app and online and am offered a choice of either 50's or 70's. The app could differ from country to country as I'm signing on in Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter