Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

The Table Bed - or fold down bed - is also very comfortable. I tried both the regular bed and the fold down bed on my last solo trip over the course of my vacation and didn't notice a difference in comfort. Both quality firm mattresses. Not a thin 'kid's bed' by any means.
That’s good !

Line for Skyliner looked long but moved fast. I was pretty depressed hundreds of people just from Pop/AoA we’re gonna beat me to EP. And then I remembered DHS existed and like 95% of those folks transferred to the DHS line so we walked right on to the EP buckets. But yikes were those some upset people when they found out they had to get in line behind CBR guests for DHS.
Re: Skyliner:
It's poor planning and disrespectful that guests of AoA & Pop have to wait in line behind ALL Caribbean Beach guests and all guests coming from Riviera/Swan/Dolphin/B/YC/BC. It's ridiculous!

There should be THREE lines at the Caribbean Beach hub:
--One for people coming from the north (all the Epcot hotels),
--one for CB guests, and
--one for people coming from the south (AoA/Pop).
Then they should alternate loading Skyliner cars with people from each of the 3 lines.

The way it is now, Disney is essentially indicating that Caribbean Beach guests are higher-priority guests. People from the south and north hotels have ALREADY had to wait in line at their own origination point. There's NO WAY THEY SHOULD HAVE TO GO THE BACK OF ANOTHER LINE.

Re: Skyliner:
It's poor planning and disrespectful that guests of AoA & Pop have to wait in line behind ALL Caribbean Beach guests and all guests coming from Riviera/Swan/Dolphin/B/YC/BC. It's ridiculous!

There should be THREE lines at the Caribbean Beach hub:
--One for people coming from the north (all the Epcot hotels),
--one for CB guests, and
--one for people coming from the south (AoA/Pop).
Then they should alternate loading Skyliner cars with people from each of the 3 lines.

The way it is now, Disney is essentially indicating that Caribbean Beach guests are higher-priority guests. People from the south and north hotels have ALREADY had to wait in line at their own origination point. There's NO WAY THEY SHOULD HAVE TO GO THE BACK OF ANOTHER LINE.
Have you been on the Skyliner? Is what you describe above your personal experience?

Having been there last week I would say a minimum of 90 mins before ETPE begins but honestly, if you want to be towards the front of the crowd I would be there even earlier than that.

This was the line we faced when we arrived 85 mins before ETPE hours for Epcot on Sun, Jan 30th: https://youtube.com/shorts/fQnVbRueF3Q?feature=share. The line moved constantly but it still took us a little more than 20 mins to board the Skyliner at the Pop station.

This great info! Do you remember what time you actually reached IG? And then how long did you wait for Epcot to open when you reach the IG? Last question, which attraction were you rope dropping and was it early enough to be beneficial or should you have been there even earlier? Thanks for any input you have!

Can someone please talk me down about this whole Skyliner thing? I've been waffling on staying at Pop or not due to it, and it seems silly that I am thinking of staying elsewhere when we will only be trying to get to HS on one morning of our entire trip. The whole Skyliner scenario sounds dreadful. Our goal is to always be up and out early every morning and near the front of the lines for all rope drops. Standing in the line for Skyliner at Pop for 90 mins before we ever get going then having to stand in another line to transfer before we ever even get to HS. I'm excited about trying the Skyliner on our way back to Pop but the whole early morning thing sounds awful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Admittedly I have not tried to RD from Pop, but love the Skyliner so much. We may RD for the first time next week however, so I'll be curious about responses. However it was my understanding that you don't stand in line for 90 minutes, you just are recommended to GET in line 90 mins ahead of time. I thought the line started moving and moved well.

I'm also curious about this "go to the back" at CBR because that was news to me. What would be helpful would be "we got in line at Pop at X:XX and were waiting in line at DHS at Y:YY".

Can someone please talk me down about this whole Skyliner thing? I've been waffling on staying at Pop or not due to it, and it seems silly that I am thinking of staying elsewhere when we will only be trying to get to HS on one morning of our entire trip. The whole Skyliner scenario sounds dreadful. Our goal is to always be up and out early every morning and near the front of the lines for all rope drops. Standing in the line for Skyliner at Pop for 90 mins before we ever get going then having to stand in another line to transfer before we ever even get to HS. I'm excited about trying the Skyliner on our way back to Pop but the whole early morning thing sounds awful. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Honestly, I wouldn't say our experience 3 weeks ago was anything close to 'dreadful'. We took the Skyliner 5 different mornings at park opening and it wasn't bad at all. Going to any park at park opening includes lines, that's just a given going at a time when many others want to go too. I've stood in more than my fair share of bus lines at Pop and I would stand in the Skyliner line 10 times before choosing to stand in a bus line once.

We never had a long line to join at CBR. A small line once, yes, but honestly with the speed that the Skyliner loads it was ZERO problem and we would highly recommend Pop and the Skyliner!!

Also, please note that people are asking when to arrive at the Skyliner in time for rope drop. Yes, 90 mins before park opening is recommended but that's the same timeline we recommend for the buses. Arriving at a park in time for rope drop involves time to get there. The challenge we heard over and over was people showing up at transportation 45-60 mins before the park opened and being shocked when they faced long lines and missed park opening.

Here's an example of our scenario going to Epcot for a 9:30 Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE). Note, we were only 75 mins early and line for Skyliner was back to splashpad.

Sun, Jan 30, 2022
Epcot ETPE starts at 9:30

8:15 arrived at Pop Skyliner
8:35 on Skyliner to CBR
8:40 arrived CBR and joined short line at CBR
8:45 on Skyliner to Epcot
8:58 arrived at Epcot
9:10 through security and tap stiles and walked to Remy
9:55 on Remy

We arrived 15 mins later than we'd hoped to so there was quite a good line in front of us at Remy but we met a great family in line that we met up later in our trip so it was all worth it! :)

Last edited:
Honestly, I wouldn't say our experience 3 weeks ago was anything close to 'dreadful'. We took the Skyliner 5 different mornings at park opening and it wasn't bad at all. Going to any park at park opening includes lines, that's just a given going at a time when many others want to go too. I've stood in more than my fair share of bus lines at Pop and I would stand in the Skyliner line 10 times before choosing to stand in a bus line once.

We never had a long line to join at CBR. A small line once, yes, but honestly with the speed that the Skyliner loads it was ZERO problem and we would highly recommend Pop and the Skyliner!!

Also, please note that people are asking when to arrive at the Skyliner in time for rope drop. Yes, 90 mins before park opening is recommended but that's the same timeline we recommend for the buses. Arriving at a park in time for rope drop involves time to get there. The challenge we heard over and over was people showing up at transportation 45-60 mins before the park opened and being shocked when they faced long lines and missed park opening.

Here's an example of our scenario going to Epcot for a 9:30 Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE). Note, we were only 75 mins early and line for Skyliner was back to splashpad.

Sun, Jan 30, 2022
Epcot ETPE starts at 9:30

8:15 arrived at Pop Skyliner
8:35 on Skyliner to CBR
8:40 arrived CBR and joined short line at CBR
8:45 on Skyliner to Epcot
8:58 arrived at Epcot
9:10 through security and tap stiles and walked to Remy
9:55 on Remy

We arrived 15 mins later than we'd hoped to so there was quite a good line in front of us at Remy but we met a great family in line that we met up later in our trip so it was all worth it! :)
Thank YOU! Would you be willing to share the same scenario for going to HS? I read here that is where most are going. On March 9th, the HS hours are 8:30am - 9:00pm, so ETPE will be 8:00am. We should be in line for Skyliner at 6:30am?

Thank YOU! Would you be willing to share the same scenario for going to HS? I read here that is where most are going. On March 9th, the HS hours are 8:30am - 9:00pm, so ETPE will be 8:00am. We should be in line for Skyliner at 6:30am?
If you wish to be towards the front of the ETPE crowd then I would recommend being there at 7:00. Unfortunately I cannot give you exact times as I didn't record them or take pictures. I was able to piece together the one above from time stamps on our pictures as it was our first day in the parks so we were taking more pics.

The Skyliner is so much nicer than the busses. The line keeps moving, there isn't the hard stop like when bus is full and you have to wait for the next one. Knowing your whole party will sit together and have comfortable seats removes an element of stress of traveling with small children. It's a peaceful quiet ride, I love it. On our last trip (pre-pandemic) we stayed at AoA and walked over to Pop to get on the Skyliner, it was easy and only a little longer walk than to the buses.

We are staying at Pop for the first time, checking in early morning March 11 (staying offsite the night before). The plan is to leave luggage with concierge before heading to Epcot. Epcot opens at 8:30 that day (spring break crowds, yikes!) and we want to take advantage of early entry. What time would you suggest we should we be in line for the skyliner?

We are staying at Pop for the first time, checking in early morning March 11 (staying offsite the night before). The plan is to leave luggage with concierge before heading to Epcot. Epcot opens at 8:30 that day (spring break crowds, yikes!) and we want to take advantage of early entry. What time would you suggest we should we be in line for the skyliner?
Nvm, this is redundant 😂. I just read some previous posts about HS and I’m sure that info is the same for Epcot. We’ll aim for no later that 7 am.

Can anyone confirm if the chocolate croissants have returned to everything pop? My boys love them and we used to use all of our remaining snack credits on them at the end of the trip to take home with us. :rotfl2: They were definitely missed on our trip in July 2020.

Does anyone know what time the buses start running to Magic Kingdom from Pop? I have the Keys to the Kingdom tour booked for 8am (and they say to arrive at 7:45). I'm not sure if they run early enough to get me there in time. I'm happy to get Lyft but know that it drops off at the TTC and that might be also cutting it close with the time the monorail starts running.

Does anyone know what time the buses start running to Magic Kingdom from Pop? I have the Keys to the Kingdom tour booked for 8am (and they say to arrive at 7:45). I'm not sure if they run early enough to get me there in time. I'm happy to get Lyft but know that it drops off at the TTC and that might be also cutting it close with the time the monorail starts running.
The bus should get you there in time but it will also depend on what time the park opens that day and ETPE. What is the official park opening time the day of your tour?

Everyone on your tour will be in the exact same situation so I’m sure the tour has been timed to coordinate with park hours.

I would recommend arriving at Pop bus 90 mins before ETPE hours begin to be at the gate by 7:45.

The bus should get you there in time but it will also depend on what time the park opens that day and ETPE. What is the official park opening time the day of your tour?

Everyone on your tour will be in the exact same situation so I’m sure the tour has been timed to coordinate with park hours.

I would recommend arriving at Pop bus 90 mins before ETPE hours begin to be at the gate by 7:45.
The tour is April 1st and MK opens at 9am with 8:30 EE. That's a good point about everyone on the tour probably having the same situation.

The tour is April 1st and MK opens at 9am with 8:30 EE. That's a good point about everyone on the tour probably having the same situation.

You should be fine. I would recommend D being at poo’s MK station no later than 7AM and in this case possibly a little earlier as you want to be on the first bus if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter