• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We just spent an hour sitting on our balcony at the YC, watching the pilots of the Friendship boats practice their docking maneuvers. It is nice to see the boats again. :) We picked up some drinks and snacks at the YC marketplace rather than go to the bar for our relaxing balcony break. I am now officially in love with the German grapefruit beer that they have here. It is something that @natebenma has talked about so I figured I'd give it a try. She was right. It is good. It was surprisingly sweet and tasted more like peach to me than grapefruit. :)

We've had a great day so far. We left home at 5:07am for a 6:40am flight out of Chicago-Midway. The airport was almost empty and everyone was wearing masks. The flight took off on time and landed early.

The Magical Express left the airport less than ten minutes after we sat down, but we could tell that it had been sitting there awhile. They tell you what row to sit in. They didn't t play the usual stuff on the monitors. They had information on Covid rules and they showed wildlife stories and a Disney cartoon. We stopped at Pop Century first which had four ME buses there. Three of them we loading for the airport. I guess Sunday morning is a popular time to go home. The next stop was Yacht Club. We got our room ready text while on the bus and walked to our room. I'll go into detail after we get home, but it is a very nice room. We love the remodeled room. The only negative is that the refrigerator is rather small. It has a glass door and the shelves are not very deep.

We headed into Epcot for lunch at Yorkshire fish and a couple of food booths. I noticed that mask compliance was about as close to 100% as you can be, except for when people were eating. I also noticed that almost everyone wore a cloth mask, rather than disposables. I thought more people would wear disposables, but we only saw a few people wearing those kind. It is really hot and extremely humid today, more like September than late October. We didn't stay at Epcot very long. It was too hot. We have dinner at Via Napoli tonight and will head over there soon. :)

ETA: Mask compliance was not as good in the evening, when more people were eating and drinking.

Last edited:

The Ale & Compass is now available for online reservations, but only for breakfast (no buffet) and dinner. Apparently, it will not be serving lunch, until further notice. A&C reopens on 08/24/2020, with dinner starting at 5:00 p.m. The A&C Lounge also will reopen (at 4:00 p.m.) and has limited food options.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass/
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-lounge/menus/
Sorry if this has been asked before, does the A&C Lounge have a "kids" menu by chance? We used to always hit up Crews Cup in past trips - but since they are still closed and do not appear to be opening before our trip in mid November we're just trying to plan ahead for a few last minute/evening meals...

Sorry if this has been asked before, does the A&C Lounge have a "kids" menu by chance? We used to always hit up Crews Cup in past trips - but since they are still closed and do not appear to be opening before our trip in mid November we're just trying to plan ahead for a few last minute/evening meals...

It doesn't look like they specifically have a kids menu, but depending on what they will eat, splitting a flatbread or burger could fit the bill

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/ale-and-compass-lounge/menus/
Appetizers (available 4:00pm - 10:00pm)

Hearth Oven 'Flatbreads' - Chipotle-Barbecued Chicken

$18.00

Hearth Oven 'Flatbreads' - Seasonal Market Vegetables

$17.00

Parker House Rolls and Spreads
Bacon Jam, Pub Cheese, and Citrus Butter

$13.00

Roasted Garlic Shrimp
with House-made Focaccia

$15.00

Roasted "Buffalo-style" Cauliflower
with Hearts of Romaine and Herb Ranch

$9.00

Bacon and Vermont Cheddar Burger
Caramelized Onions, Herb Mayonnaise, Lettuce, and Tomato a Parker House Bun

$18.00

Lobster and Corn Chowder
with Herbs and House-made Oyster Crackers

$11.00

Page 1714

Ask and ye shall receive. I will take that 40% AP discount, thank you very much.

All trips now YC GV...just need the border to reopen and I’ll be all set.

The late January rates and availability are pretty good, btw, if anyone is thinking of booking. Could have swapped over to a BCV 1 bdrm for less than my original rack rate booking, and a savanna view 1 bdrm at AKL would have been less. If they had a better pool over at AKL I might have been tempted.

So that means the March 26-31 is now YC GV?

I have not updated the list recently, but hope to do that later today if I get caught up.

:dogdance:

3133, directly behind the Gazebo. There were actually better lake views (more direct) further down the hall, but this one was only 4-5 doors away from the elevator so it was very convenient!

Can you provide a few more details on this awesome room? What was the bedding layout- 2 Queen beds or a King? Was there a couch/daybed? Was there a tub or walk-in shower only?

Any other details you want to add?

I'll add your picture and description to the YC View Thread.

:thumbsup2

I just booked three nights in a water/pool view room at Yacht club (booked a split stay with Gran Destino Tower). I have stayed at other deluxe resorts but this will be my first time here. I'm a bit confused on the layout of the room. I assumed I was booking two queen beds but it looks like they can put you in just about any layout. I'm traveling with my adult son and a room with a king bed won't work. I called to add a request for two queens but she said it was not guaranteed and because we share the same last name it will look like a husband and wife traveling so there may be a good chance we will be put in a king room😢 Has anyone had any problems getting their requested room?

I'll be at Yacht Club 2/9-2/13 2021.
Doing a split stay between Gran Destino Tower (2/5-2/9) and Yacht Club:cool1::cheer2:

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As others have suggested, make sure you call to add a room request of "Room with 2 Queen Beds, mother and adult son" Follow-up a week before your trip to ensure they have your request noted.

:cool1:

I was reading the FAQ on the daybed. Is it still the case some couches may not be a pull-out couch/daybed in a Garden View room?

Will be four of us, so technically two queens work, but oldest teen rather be on a couch.

I think the bigger issue is that not all rooms have a couch/daybed.

Make sure that your priority room request is "Daybed, please"

::yes::

Fingers crossed-we may actually get to come home! Booked for April @ YC and hoping COVID19 and NYS quarantine can co-operate to let us make the trip. This will be the third(!) reschedule of a trip and am hoping that third time is the charm. We had hoped that Nov would work when we rescheduled our Aug trip but we don't have the extra 2 weeks vacation time to quarantine when we get back. Just going to hold onto hope that things get better and we round the corner on this ordeal.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Dear @gottalovepluto ,
Thank you so much for reaching out to the Walt Disney World Resort. We'll float this by the appropriate Disney Admirals and get back aft to you. We know it's been a ferry long time and
hope to sea you soon and moor often on one of our Friendship boats.

Okay, Okay...... I'll dock now!

Have a good day everyone!

You are clearly the BOAT!

Best Of All Time!

:banana::banana::banana:

Curious, any suggestions on recommendations for a standard view room at YC? I know the views are not great. I would love a good view, but it would add $100+ for gv and $600+ for wv. We want to allocate that money to food while we are there. We are ok with standard view. That said, any suggestions on a room I should request? I know that we are not guarenteed the room, but Id rather make a request and hope, than no request at all.

There are some YC SV rooms on upper floors that overlook the front entrance parking lot that have views of the MK fireworks, but that is not currently an advantage since there are no fireworks displays currently at Disney.

You can check out the Yacht Club Room View Thread to see some samples of views in the various categories.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/
:cool2:

Page 1715-1716

That's great news!!!

Hi - planning my first trip to YC in November. I was wondering if someone can help me figure out on the picture below where the exit doors are (particularly in the area at the bottom of the picture)? Many thanks!!

View attachment 534310

I'm glad you were able to get a quick response to your question about the exits at YC.

Should I book at Yacht Club in January (keeping in mind that we have a family trip booked in December to Disney)? I've been really wanting to try it out, especially for Stormalong Bay, and the great rates are really tempting me, and I do have an AP.

The time frame (just over a month after our scheduled trip), and the fact that it's January and might not be the best weather for Stormalong are holding me back. Thoughts?

Ha! Since we are spending your money- why not?

As others have indicated, weather that time of year is particularly unpredictable, so if you go on the trip and will be disappointed that you were unable to use Stormalong Bay, it is probably not worth it.

Also, in previous years there has been maintenance work on the pool during the winter months, so it is possible some sections of the pool could be closed.

You could always book a stay and make a final decision within the cancellation period.

I don't know about January but we went the end of November into December one year and there were times when the lifeguards were dressed head to toe in warm weather gear - pants, jackets, gloves) and my kids were still swimming. I'm assuming it's a heated pool. But we're also from the Northeast so they have a higher cold threshold than Floridians.

:welcome: to posting on this forum.

Thank you for the great input!

Good Morning! We are currently booked in a GV room at BC for Sept 2021. This was originally booked for Sept 2020, we called and moved it in late July before they said they didn't have an official reopening date for BC. We have not been contacted by Disney yet but I recall reading others booked for Fall of 2021 have. Is anyone else on here still booked in a regular (non-DVC) room for Fall of 2021? Would you call or wait it out?

That is a great question!

Hopefully others in this situation will have some input.

(If it was me, I think I would call to see if I could be switched to YC, since my preference is to be at the Yacht & Beach resort due to the location. )

POFQ is the resort I traditionally visit, but I will be staying at YC for the first time Nov 19-23 and am so excited! This board has been so helpful :)

:welcome:

Thanks for your kind words about the thread!

:goodvibes

We just spent an hour sitting on our balcony at the YC, watching the pilots of the Friendship boats practice their docking maneuvers. It is nice to see the boats again. :) We picked up some drinks and snacks at the YC marketplace rather than go to the bar for our relaxing balcony break. I am now officially in love with the German grapefruit beer that they have here. It is something that @natebenma has talked about so I figured I'd give it a try. She was right. It is good. It was surprisingly sweet and tasted more like peach to me than grapefruit. :)

Cheers!

Phew! So glad my recommendation was a positive one!

:drinking1

Page 1714

So that means the March 26-31 is now YC GV?

I have not updated the list recently, but hope to do that later today if I get caught up.

Yes, I switched over to YC GV for $45 a night more than we were paying for a CSR preferred king room. My Disney Math calls that a win!

I absolutely did not expect the AP spring discount to come out so soon. Glad it did, though. Now all our trips (if we ever get to cross the border again) are at YC at a great price, except for the MK 50th anniversary one, and I know there won’t be a discount that week.

Can you provide a few more details on this awesome room? What was the bedding layout- 2 Queen beds or a King? Was there a couch/daybed? Was there a tub or walk-in shower only?

Any other details you want to add?

I'll add your picture and description to the YC View Thread.

Sure!

Room 3133 - Water View (I also requested a “Boardwalk View”). 2 queens + couch with daybed. Walk-in Shower - no tub. Directly behind the Gazebo, 4-5 doors from main elevator. Regular-sized balcony, not lighted. Very convenient location - loved it!

Page 1715-1716

That's great news!!!

I'm glad you were able to get a quick response to your question about the exits at YC.

Ha! Since we are spending your money- why not?

As others have indicated, weather that time of year is particularly unpredictable, so if you go on the trip and will be disappointed that you were unable to use Stormalong Bay, it is probably not worth it.

Also, in previous years there has been maintenance work on the pool during the winter months, so it is possible some sections of the pool could be closed.

You could always book a stay and make a final decision within the cancellation period.

:welcome: to posting on this forum.

Thank you for the great input!

That is a great question!

Hopefully others in this situation will have some input.

(If it was me, I think I would call to see if I could be switched to YC, since my preference is to be at the Yacht & Beach resort due to the location. )

:welcome:

Thanks for your kind words about the thread!

:goodvibes

Cheers!

Phew! So glad my recommendation was a positive one!

:drinking1
Thanks for adding me to the BOG list! My YC dates are November 29-December 2 (then switching to Contemporary for 2 nights).

Should I book at Yacht Club in January (keeping in mind that we have a family trip booked in December to Disney)? I've been really wanting to try it out, especially for Stormalong Bay, and the great rates are really tempting me, and I do have an AP.

The time frame (just over a month after our scheduled trip), and the fact that it's January and might not be the best weather for Stormalong are holding me back. Thoughts?
We've been going down for Marathon Weekend [week before MLK Holiday] for the last 16 years and have experienced a wide range of temperatures. For the most part this time of year is dry. If I had to summarize our temperature experiences I would say that early morning and evening are generally cool, in the 50's [sometime high 40s] and the daytime high will be in the upper 60s to low 70s range. We have spent many a day at the pool as the sun can be fairly strong this time of year. While generally rare for January you can still get some humid days [I can personally attest to this with the impact on my marathon results]. Over the last 16 years we probably have been shut out of pool time due to cold weather maybe 5 or 6 days or about 5% of our time there. The weather is always a wild card but just wanted to share our experiences. I also wanted to add that SAB usually opens around 10:00 AM this time of year giving the sun a chance to work some of the morning coolness off. Good luck with you planning!

Thanks for adding me to the BOG list! My YC dates are November 29-December 2 (then switching to Contemporary for 2 nights).
Do you coincide the split stay with park visit? I'm thinking about a split stay doing YC and CSR (or something else, undecided). But, then wondering if I will miss having the resort room available if I need a park break in the afternoon from Epcot or HS on the day of a switch from YC to another resort. Or plan my split stay move to next resort on my AK day! Will see. My next trip has no down days, park on each day.

Do you coincide the split stay with park visit? I'm thinking about a split stay doing YC and CSR (or something else, undecided). But, then wondering if I will miss having the resort room available if I need a park break in the afternoon from Epcot or HS on the day of a switch from YC to another resort. Or plan my split stay move to next resort on my AK day! Will see. My next trip has no down days, park on each day.
My park plans are definitely what made me decide to do my first split stay. My park plans are: MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, MK, MK.
I was originally booked at CBR for the whole trip. Then I decided to split and do Contemporary - checking in at the end of my AK day, so I can walk to and from MK for those two days. Then I saw that an AP rate at YC wasn’t much more than the rack rate I had at CBR (no AP rates available except for pirate rooms), so I decided to switch to YC so I can walk just about everywhere!

I originally had my DHS and AK days reversed, but switched them so I could switch resorts on my AK day, since AK closes so much earlier. (And I’m planning on some time at Nomad Lounge being my “break time” that day!)

I know you didn't ask me, but I've done splits with Epcot resorts several times now and have a pretty decent plan of attack, especially with parks opening slightly later now. I have in the past made Epcot my park of choice for a move day, especially now since it opens later. I can be out of my room before 11, usually drop my bags at bell services, and go to the park. I spend several hours there and have a late lunch, then usually head to the new resort mid-afternoon around usual check-in time. I've yet to get a room ready text after 3 when I do this, I just have to be prepared to not have my stuff since I always have it transfered via bell services. Of course if you are driving that makes it easier since you can just put your stuff in the car and head over when you're ready. My room is usually ready when I'm ready for a break so it works out. Over Christmas we have a split stay between CR & Riviera but have chosen HS for our move day since we have a car and were going to drive to HS anyway. I made a late lunch ADR so hopefully our room is ready shortly after we're done eating and we can head over. One thing that helps is to put down that you are arriving early and make that a priority over other requests if it's that important to you to have a room ready earlier in the day.

My park plans are definitely what made me decide to do my first split stay. My park plans are: MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, MK, MK.
I was originally booked at CBR for the whole trip. Then I decided to split and do Contemporary - checking in at the end of my AK day, so I can walk to and from MK for those two days. Then I saw that an AP rate at YC wasn’t much more than the rack rate I had at CBR (no AP rates available except for pirate rooms), so I decided to switch to YC so I can walk just about everywhere!

I originally had my DHS and AK days reversed, but switched them so I could switch resorts on my AK day, since AK closes so much earlier. (And I’m planning on some time at Nomad Lounge being my “break time” that day!)
That is a good plan, and park plans requiring park reservations are what is driving at least the YC as a choice in planning.
I know you didn't ask me, but I've done splits with Epcot resorts several times now and have a pretty decent plan of attack, especially with parks opening slightly later now. I have in the past made Epcot my park of choice for a move day, especially now since it opens later. I can be out of my room before 11, usually drop my bags at bell services, and go to the park. I spend several hours there and have a late lunch, then usually head to the new resort mid-afternoon around usual check-in time. I've yet to get a room ready text after 3 when I do this, I just have to be prepared to not have my stuff since I always have it transfered via bell services. Of course if you are driving that makes it easier since you can just put your stuff in the car and head over when you're ready. My room is usually ready when I'm ready for a break so it works out. Over Christmas we have a split stay between CR & Riviera but have chosen HS for our move day since we have a car and were going to drive to HS anyway. I made a late lunch ADR so hopefully our room is ready shortly after we're done eating and we can head over. One thing that helps is to put down that you are arriving early and make that a priority over other requests if it's that important to you to have a room ready earlier in the day.
Thank you for replying! I like to hear another YC split stay experience! No car in my plan, relying on Disney transportation, or Uber if needed. I was thinking of taking a bus from the park, directly to the next resort. Was there any issue with using the magic band at the second resort or need to stop at the front desk at the next resort, even if getting a room ready notice on MDE?

That is a good plan, and park plans requiring park reservations are what is driving at least the YC as a choice in planning.

Thank you for replying! I like to hear another YC split stay experience! No car in my plan, relying on Disney transportation, or Uber if needed. I was thinking of taking a bus from the park, directly to the next resort. Was there any issue with using the magic band at the second resort or need to stop at the front desk at the next resort, even if getting a room ready notice on MDE?
I usually take a bus to my next resort, I am usually alone so I just let WDW handle my bags and take a bus and it works well. I've only had issues with a MB working at one resort when I got there, but I had already been having issues at the previous resort with my bands so I was expecting it. I normally don't stop at the front desk, only time was when I was checking in to club level and my band didn't work when I tried to go up to the lounge or get to my room (that was the one time it didn't work), otherwise I bypass it completely.

We had a very nice dinner at Via Napoli last night. A wonderful breeze was coming off the Epcot lake and we watched the Mariachi band at the American Pavillion. They are alternating with the Jamminators and we really enjoyed our evening. It also made me miss the park hopping to Epcot every night that we usually do when staying here.

We went to the Beach Club marketplace for breakfast this morning around 8am and it was sad to see how deserted the BC was. There weren’t very many guests in the marketplace. We ordered breakfast at the regular cash register. They have a long table placed in front of the beverage dispensary with a cast member passing out drinks. Normally I buy a refillable mug but with the drink station at Hurricane Hannas closed and CMs passing out the drinks, it just isn’t worth it.

We walked over to Hollywood Studios around 8:50am and I never saw so many people on the path before. I guess without the boats running a lot of people are walking there.
They are letting everyone into DHS around 9am instead of waiting for the park to open at 10am.

We rode the Skyliner back to the Beach Club for lunch at Beaches ’N Cream. We haven’t eaten there in about 25 years. I forgot how good the root beer float was. The food was very good.

I went to Storm Along Bay and floated around the lazy river for awhile. The new, blue floats with the seats are really nice. You sit a little lower in the water and your feet are free to kick around the river. But I must admit that it felt very weird to be floating near people while unmasked after all these months of being made to wear masks and social distance everywhere you go. I tried to stay away as I floated past.

This must be a slow week because there weren’t very many people at Storm Along Bay. Two of the cabanas had birthday celebrations going on, which is a great idea, But there were plenty of tables and chairs available in the sun and shade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter