Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

They’ve been repairing the walkway around YC since at least April. I’m glad they’re working on keeping things refreshed.

Hi Donna here, I am new here and going in January 2023. The question is, we normally stay at the Yacht Club but got a good rate for the Beach Club. Asking you nice folks do they have any rooms that are not handicapped that have a stand-up glass-enclosed shower as the Yacht club has. Thank you in advance.

The one bedroom I checked out of today (sad to leave) had a spacious walk in shower and a gorgeous stand alone tub.

Page 1995-1997

My favorite view from Yacht Club is looking out at Crescent Lake and the Boardwalk and also seeing the lighthouse/boat dock. I just requested that for my September stay as I’d rather have that than a pool view.
I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Does anyone have a room recommendation for std club level room? We would prefer not to share the giant balcony, and would really like the extra bed.

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

Guys… I have bad and good news. I’ve switched resorts to the Polynesian for our August 2023 trip. But you guys are awesome and such a great resource for info! When we do make it the BC, I’ll be back!

Thanks for letting us know and for the kind words.

Have a fantastic trip!

:thumbsup2

38 days till we rock up at the yacht club from the UK. Whoop whoop

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List for August.

:woohoo:

I also have std CL booked, what’s this shared giant balcony you speak of? It’s my first time staying there.

I'll add you to the list.

I'll post the link to info about the huge, shared YC balcony.

::yes::

Last edited:
Yacht Club Shared Balconies

GADisneyDad14

ninafeliz

View from one of the shared balconies:

More pictures available on the Yacht Club Room View Thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/yacht-club-room-views.3057924/

At the YC, there are 4 rooms on the 5th floor Club Level, 4 rooms on the 4th floor that share balconies, and 4 rooms on the 3rd floor resulting in huge communal balconies. These rooms are in the Standard View category and look out over the Port Cochere and front entrance parking lot.

This configuration would be great for groups of families booked in multiple rooms, but surprisingly, other guests who have been assigned to these rooms have generally given positive reviews, noting that when they have used the balcony they rarely see others out there at the same time.

One of the complaints I have heard, however, is that the noise from traffic at the front entrance portico can be bothersome- particularly from the Magical Express buses that are dropping off and picking up passengers.

5th Floor, Club Level:

5176- 2 queen beds, daybed, tub/shower combo
5178- 2 queen beds, daybed, shower only
5180- 2 queen beds, unknown if daybed

4th Floor

4182 ??

3rd Floor

3176- 2 queen beds, daybed, tub/shower combo
3182 ??

Comments/Reviews from guests who have stayed in one of these rooms:

Page 1998-1999

Hi Donna here, I am new here and going in January 2023. The question is, we normally stay at the Yacht Club but got a good rate for the Beach Club. Asking you nice folks do they have any rooms that are not handicapped that have a stand-up glass-enclosed shower as the Yacht club has. Thank you in advance.
Hi Donna!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As @Wood Nymph illustrated, the Beach Club only has traditional tub/shower combos at this time.

:thumbsup2
Anyone stay in a 2 bedroom BCV lately that could see Spaceship Earth from the balcony? I have searched online and there are a few rooms with potential, but I am wondering about the trees that may have overgrown the view. (Also 1 post closer to 40k 🤪)
Great question! Hopefully someone will be able to answer, but if there are rooms with a Spaceship Earth view, there are not many.

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

Wondering who has stayed in YC over holiday season. We're deciding between WL or YC for December 2023. Everyone says WL is the best for the holidays, and I do love the resort, but a voice inside of me is still saying YAAAAACHT CLUUUB lol. Any thoughts? I've also heard that WL is less likely to do discounts than YC/BC, and getting a better deal will be important.
Let us know what you decide. I agree with the reminder about the ability to walk to 2 parks in the busiest time of the year being a huge advantage to the EPCOT resort hotels.

::yes::

Anyone have photos of and/or know the number of rooms with the 1 queen, 1 sleeper sofa, and 1 twin sleeper chair? I've searched the thread and the internet, but haven't actually found any photos of that configuration.

Thanks!
Yacht Club or Beach Club? I believe that all of the Queen beds have been replaced. IIRC, there may be 1 or 2 rooms at the Yacht Club with a King Bed and Sleeper Sofa plus a Sleeper Chair. I don't think I have ever heard of this set up at the Beach Club (but I could be wrong)

The Yacht Club View Thread and Beach Club View Thread on the Resort Community Board have detailed descriptions of a sample of room set ups. You can look through that to see if any of the rooms previous guests have stayed in meet your wishes.

When is your trip? How many people are in your travelling party?

:sunny:

Is there a specific post where I can read and ask questions about the coke freestyle machine in Yacht club? Do they work with the Disney refillable mugs? Which options/beverages is available (are all the one advertised on the Coke freestyle website available?). Thanks in advance!

I am not aware of a specific post about the Freestyle machines, but it wouldn't surprise me. Yes, you can use your refillable mug at the machines. I have not personally used the Freestyle machines, so I can't answer about the selections available. Hopefully someone has or will reply downthread with their experiences.

:drinking1

Page 2000

Thanks, again, for reserving post 40,0000 for me!

I'll update the Be Our Guest List through this page, and then hopefully catchup on the rest of the thread this weekend.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Lighthouse Refurbishment Underway at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

The lighthouse that serves as a beacon for a boat launch at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort is undergoing a refurbishment. As of today, boat service is unaffected and running as normal. The work is part of an ongoing effort to beautify the EPCOT area resorts. Here’s a look!

yacht-beach-club-lighthouse-refurbishment-1.jpg

yacht-beach-club-lighthouse-refurbishment-3-1050x1400.jpg

Why has the lighthouse been put into jail?

renting points for our first dvc stay! 8/12-8/20 (first night at dolphin with bonvoy points). first trip as a family of 4. should be interesting. used to playing 2 on 1 defense

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List we keep on Page 1, Post 15!

Have a fantastic trip!

:cool1:

I'm afraid I am dropping out of this group for now. Our trip next month has been changed to the Swan. We could get 2 rooms there for the same price as 1 at the Yacht Club.

Have fun at the Yacht Club everyone!!

Thanks for letting us know. Have a fantastic trip!

8-)

Hi All,

Going to BC Jan 26 - Feb 5, 2023......Add me to the list....PLEASE!

Also, we booked a deluxe room....anyone have experience recently with these and any tips on requesting one or one area over the other?

Thank you

WILL DO!!! :woohoo:

Hey guys. Just went for a walk around the boardwalk and took some photos for you. I could not, for the life of me, find the recreation calendar. I wanted to wait on line at both resorts to ask at the front desk, but they were excessive. Sorry about that.

Pool construction:B8C1BC27-2888-42A9-A4FC-39A397AB6A0D.jpegF64C5351-3B92-4928-97C7-DC7AE9D2F26A.jpeg
6477088F-2675-4DB3-B64D-C3CB22BBA9AD.jpeg

Lighthouse:
927E5D59-CD70-4546-9400-C85151FAE24C.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter