Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We booked a room only reservation for BWI last month, and on Monday called into to get the discount applied. When I called on Monday, I added tickets on to the reservation. It was a bit strange as the cast member said I had to pay for them immediately. It wasn't a big deal to me because I wanted to pay down some of my reservation, so I paid for the tickets and didn't think too much about it.
You have to pay in full if you buy tickets when you have a room only reservation. It has always been that way and we would buy our tickets when we checked in, until MyMagic + came along. Now we buy them 60 days ahead of time, or just get an annual pass. ;)

THE ONLY THING THAT I WILL ADD IS TO BE SURE TO TAKE THESE PLASTIC TICKETS WITH YOU EACH DAY TO THE PARKS. IF YOUR MAGIC BANDS AREN'T WORKING THESE TICKETS CAN STILL BE SCANNED SO THAT YOU CAN GET INTO THE PARKS.
This is the best advice ever. I had bought tickets for our son and grandsons but unfortunately they did not send us the plastic cards. If we had them then we would have been able to enter the park when our MB's didn't work for the tickets. As it was we had to go through a very long guest services line.

If you ever have the option of getting plastic tickets, then say "yes, please."

I did research ordering extra pods but wasn't sure if we are taking the old school round pods or K cups?
The coffee maker take the round "tea bag" like pods, not K cups. The rounds pods are find to find.

OK - now I have Questions and I am more than happy to share Information.
That's a relief. I was afraid you only wanted to be social. :rolleyes1

Random social post (and way too much sharing!!) ALERT!
I got me one of them Mickey Buckets from Walgreens to put on my front porch light. I colored in his eye balls and such so he wouldn't look like one of those cats with the laser beam eye balls when the light was turned on

Thanks for the idea (I forget your name, sorry).
~NM

Mickey pump.jpg

I got me one of them Mickey Buckets from Walgreens to put on my front porch light. I colored in his eye balls and such so he wouldn't look like one of those cats with the laser beam eye balls when the light was turned on

~NM

View attachment 126638

Oh my gosh this is awesome information!

Really, thank you for sharing. I think I need to get one of those.

~NM

View attachment 126638

Me, me, that was me :flower1:. I love coimg home at night and seeing my lights!! And to stay on topic only 13 more days till we leave for The World .

O

Oops! Sorry. I was thinking there was a planned change in the direction of the thread. I hope those of you who are running this thread will still be providing the helpful info that some of us really need. It's been a few years since our last trip and we're planning to return and stay at the BC, so the helpful updates (esp. the one about the pineapple "non-dole-whip" whip is now being served by the pool) are really appreciated.
I don't think we will change anything in terms of what we discuss. I suppose we have just changed the name since we tend to, occasionally, get off topic. But usually that topic is still disney related, at least. :thumbsup2

~Cari~ pluto:

I just renewed my AP, renewal system online wasn't working so had to phone. While I had CM on phone I had him walk me thru registration on MDE, didn't work. CM had to transfer me to Tec support, ugh. :badpc:
I had to call tech support yesterday as well because I couldn't see the details of my reservations (modify/cancel/make payments button wasn't there). They "refreshed" the reservation and it popped up.

~Cari~ pluto:

~NM

View attachment 126638
It blows my mind that I am looking at a picture of the post within the post... :magnify:

~Cari~ pluto:

Oops! Sorry. I was thinking there was a planned change in the direction of the thread. I hope those of you who are running this thread will still be providing the helpful info that some of us really need. It's been a few years since our last trip and we're planning to return and stay at the BC, so the helpful updates (esp. the one about the pineapple "non-dole-whip" whip is now being served by the pool) are really appreciated.

I am pleased to announce that we are back to regularly scheduled programming. Information, Questions and some offbeat random social stuff :magnify:~NM

I am less pleased to announce that the pineapple "non-dole-whips" are on a hiatus from Stormalong Bay. They disappeared sometime at the end of August (they were not available for my trip) and we have been told that they would be available only when staffing levels allow. I'm interpreting that to mean busy times likely, Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break and summer.

Need to go alter the info on Page 1 with this sad news.

:sad2:

Last edited:
Allow me to share information on a resort question!:-) We bought round single serve coffee pods online at Coffee King. They carry many brands so you may find something you like.

I also have 2 suggestions about the coffee makers
  1. be sure to rinse it out well (maybe even run plain water through it once) before you use it, every day. Sometimes (quite often in fact) when they clean the room, they will use chemicals to rinse the pot and glasses, and there is residue...sometimes a LOT of residue...and the coffee is undrinkable (taste-wise, and it's probably not really good for you anyway!)
  2. buy a gallon of water in the shop and use that to make coffee...WAY WAY better than tap water coffee...
On one of our trips, we requested extra coffee, and they brought us a ton of packets. Unfortunately, because I didn't think to wash out the pot and cups, and use bottled water, it was awful, and we never used the packets...

Lesson learned, and shared!

Jeanne

Thanks Dee and Rebecca for your quick answers! I did link the tickets on DME so I guess we are all set. That makes so much sense, that I'm embarrassed I didn't think of it.

And Rebecca, thanks for being so friendly! I'm doing well and so is my knitting. :) I'm working on a new mitten pattern that is coming along nicely. How are you doing these days? Is working keeping you busy? How's the empty nest?

Hi, Janet! I'm a knitter also. I'm currently doing what's called a scoreboard knit-a-long for my DD. You can google it if you want to see what it's about!

(Just chiming in to be social! I go by "eeyoreland", but my real name is Sandy.)

Me, me, that was me :flower1:. I love coimg home at night and seeing my lights!! And to stay on topic only 13 more days till we leave for The World .

Yes, yes!!! It was you! Thank you for SHARING your post! I was having a brain fart and I couldn't remember and I was way to0 busy last night to go back in the thread and find it amongst the other 50 billion socializin' posts

I also have 2 suggestions about the coffee makers
  1. be sure to rinse it out well (maybe even run plain water through it once) before you use it, every day. Sometimes (quite often in fact) when they clean the room, they will use chemicals to rinse the pot and glasses, and there is residue...sometimes a LOT of residue...and the coffee is undrinkable (taste-wise, and it's probably not really good for you anyway!)
  2. buy a gallon of water in the shop and use that to make coffee...WAY WAY better than tap water coffee...
On one of our trips, we requested extra coffee, and they brought us a ton of packets. Unfortunately, because I didn't think to wash out the pot and cups, and use bottled water, it was awful, and we never used the packets...

Lesson learned, and shared!

Jeanne

I think it's important to emphasize just how AWFUL Florida tap water actually is. It's BAD, really, really B. A. D.
That may be why the coffee is so awful around WDW.

If I was a coffee FIEND (cough, cough Dee...) I would seriously consider getting one of these from Walmart: http://www.walmart.com/ip/36061005?...45831472&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78310850672&veh=sem

These are inexpensive, glass, french press, coffee makers ($12.00 US dollars and up). They aren't huge and if you keep it in it's original packaging I'd consider chancing it and packing it in your suitcase along with whatever GROUND coffee you like. Then all you would need is some bottled water and your coffee fixins and you are all set to luxuriate in non skanky, home made (in your RESORT*) room, coffee.

Be sure to practice at home using the french press so you know how many teaspoons of coffee you like when using your size French Press. I'd also take along a kitchen sponge so you can clean out the Press in between uses. Then when you get to the resort you can run your bottled wated through the freshly cleaned in room coffee pod machine (minus the pods) to heat it up, place the warm water in your french press, wait the appropriate amount of time and then press plunge(r) and ENJOY!

Keep in mind this is coming from a woman who lugs a full size "Mr. Coffee, Iced tea machine" along on every trip.
It's totally worth it and I no longer have that dehydration problem (Ladies, you know what I mean! :crazy2:) while at the parks.

~NM

* This post qualifies as a Resort oriented post. In the event that this post is accidently classified as a Social post please locate the thread that was deleted discussing why the threads were renamed and place it there. In the event that the thread that was deleted cannot be located please search in your laundry room amongst all the unpaired socks to see if you can find the missing thread there.

We will be at the YC on Dec 6, are the Christmas decorations up at that time? and is the Christmas carousel done at the BC? one of our favorite things to see is the carousel made out of cake!!

Yeah 66 more days!!! 6 more until fastpasses!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Well anyways you Beach and Yacht Club people, I have a very pressing issue to chit chat about...how's the coffee in the rooms? As handsome as my husband is, he can be a bear without some good coffee and as cute as I am, I cannot live on champagne alone the entire week. I'm ordering a special fancy cake for the first day to have as breakfast during the week(it's vacation don't judge me lol) and a nice cup of coffee would be great with the extra calories I don't need but will enjoy.

It's the pod type maker. The coffee is fine, just not enough for us.
I bring Starbucks Via and heat the water in the maker. It works great for us.

Champagne, Disney, great combo! What fun to have a special cake. I hope you have a wonderful vacation. :cloud9:

Thanks! I was thinking about bringing the VIAs with us. I did research ordering extra pods but wasn't sure if we are taking the old school round pods or K cups?

Thanks for the well wishes! I ordered a gorgeous cake to celebrate our anniversary, very decadent to go with good champagne.
You can always ask for additional pods from the Mousekeeping staff. They'll gladly give you a few more.
As for the sulfur water FL calls tap water, bring a water bottle with a built in filter, like a Britta or Bobble. Use that to fill the pot with water from the tap. Nasty aftertaste problem solved.

I had to call tech support yesterday as well because I couldn't see the details of my reservations (modify/cancel/make payments button wasn't there). They "refreshed" the reservation and it popped up.

~Cari~ pluto:
I wonder if it's worth a phone call for me.
I noticed that after I added our ME info on our arrival resort I can't make any changes to ours. I got the "call..... " message instead. On our departing resort, where I haven't added our ME info, I can make the change. This is the first trip I've noticed adding ME changed that feature. I didn't know if that was by design or just a glitch. I haven't planned to cancel but I'm always looking for additional room categories so I use the change feature often. That's how my BC stay went from Woods view Standard to CL. I wouldn't bother with calling for that change but I will sure search for that online. Having that change feature made Disney some money ;)

I know this has been asked before (sorry!), but I was unable to find the post. If we have a breakfast reservation at the MK at 8:10, what time should we get to the bus stop at YC to ensure we are there in plenty of time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter