Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Catching up after 8 days at YC... it was such a wonderful, magical trip overall! I'll post some room photos later. We had technically a garden view, Room 4095, but it seemed more like a water view - lovely view of the wedding gazebo, dock, and lagoon. We had beautiful sunrises the first few mornings. And we had a great view of the higher fireworks from IllumiNations! I didn't want to leave.

Almost everything about the YC and BC was fantastic. Mousekeeping was absolutely terrific. My brother had room 4094, and my parents had room 4084 - both garden views of the quiet pool. We all loved the big balconies. YC definitely needs the room renovation, though - each of our rooms had a few things wrong with them - a torn drape that the bellman said should have been replaced, lamps not working, and sound really bleeding through the walls and connecting doors from other guests. Carpet in the hallway where the sun shines in looked very faded and worn. Our fridge was warm at first, then once turned on it was so cold that everything in it froze. The room also seemed to be either freezing or warm, no middle ground. We all had issues with our toilets flushing on the first try, even after holding down the handle for several seconds. Seems like there is a water pressure issue on the higher floors perhaps.

I love the individual lamps over the beds and hope those stay after the renovation, it's nice to be able to control the light levels in the room if some people are sleeping.

Beds were very comfortable, including the daybed that my friend slept on. Pillows were great and plentiful. We tipped Mousekeeping well and were given lots of extra towels, coffee, and toiletries.

We had some issues at the front desk - when we checked in, 2 of my friends arrived a day later. When I reserved the rooms on the phone, they said to let the front desk know. Well, the CM who checked us in removed my 2 friends from the reservation, so when they arrived the next day, they weren't in the system and had trouble with their MagicBands, to the point we had to leave them with someone behind the scenes to get them reconfigured. Then when my brother checked in, a CM who was in training helped him, and nothing worked once we got up to their room, so we had to go back down and have another CM help us. Besides that, every other CM was so wonderful, including the lone bartender at the Ale & Compass who got slammed on a Friday night when it was raining.

The egg white croissant sandwich at the Ale & Compass was a great way to start the morning! Dianna at the Crews Cup Lounge was a delight, a couple different times our group was in there. The food and drinks were great in there. We had some wonderful and fun bartenders at Hurricane Hanna's - Tom and Noel especially. The sunken treasure is so good! We LOVED SAB! My dad was a little kid again, going down that slide. :-) Such a terrific pool.

Our dinner at Cape May Cafe was fabulous, I wish I had saved more room to eat more crab legs! I got a nice birthday card signed by the CMs there and characters, fun!

We ate at Captain's Grille for dinner two nights - it was a little hit and miss. Most food was good, but the chips were very salty, and my dad's steak was overcooked.

I had a great chef's salad and a 2-scoop (slightly downsized) No Way Jose at Beaches & Cream - yum!!!

Teena, congrats on your award - I'm sorry I missed meeting you! Sunday and Monday turned out to be our busiest days, I underestimated what it would take to keep track of 14 people. EPCOT was insane on Saturday with the lines for Food & Wine. Other days weren't as bad, and we sampled some really good dishes. The Wilson Philips concert on Monday was so much fun, even though it rained for most of it and we got really wet!

I had a really tasty signature dinner experience at Flying Fish as part of F&W special events on Thursday evening. My parents and I really enjoyed the Parisian breakfast last Saturday. We had a great lunch at GF Cafe and a great CM for our server. We all enjoyed the food at my birthday brunch at Kona Cafe, but the service was unfortunately lacking. Same with Biergarten - great dinner there, but our server was more interested in us being his last table and closing us out than actually serving us. Overall, though, terrific CMs throughout the parks and restaurants. I was even serenaded by a CM as I was leaving EPCOT on my birthday! :-)

If anyone has any questions, i'll try to answer them. I'd love to return to YC after the rooms are refurbished. Walking to EPCOT, especially during F&W, was a dream. And that pool, so fabulous!

ETA: We loved the boats, good for my parents to/from EPCOT when they were tired of walking, and great to/from DHS. We only had to stand once. The buses to MK and AK were also good. It didn't seem like many from YC boarded the buses, but in the mornings BC filled the buses to the point of everyone standing. YC was always dropped off first. The DME took awhile to the YC from the airport - it dropped off CBR, then BWI, then BC, and last YC. Same resorts in reverse order going back to the airport, so I was picked up first at YC.

Last edited:
Dreamseeker9, thanks for your detailed review! Hope you had a GREAT birthday:bday: and it sounds like you had a FABULOUS extended family vaca; wow!:banana:Those morning sunrises sound BEAUTIFUL and your great view of Illuminations!:sunny:

So they do still have crab legs at Cape May !! I have not heard a lot of good reviews for Cape May but if we stay at BC we are going to do breakfast and dinner there.I think we will try the Flying Fish next trip. I have heard so many good reviews for it.
Dreamseeker9 what is the best way to get to the Boardwalk? I have heard it is a long walk but do they have boats that take you?

Last edited:
So they do still have crab legs at Cape May !! I have not heard a lot of good reviews for Cape May but if we stay at BC we are going to do breakfast and dinner there.I think we will try the Flying Fish next trip. I have heard so many good reviews for it.
Dreamseeker9 what is the best way to get to the Boardwalk? I have heard it is a long walk but do they have boats that take you?
The walk to the Boardwalk takes 10 minutes or so. It's very close.

what is the best way to get to the Boardwalk? I have heard it is a long walk but do they have boats that take you?

Yes, there is a boat that goes between the YC dock and the BW dock, but as maryandtyson points out, the walk is short. It could potentially take longer waiting for the boat and the trip than it would to walk there.

:boat:

The walk to the Boardwalk takes 10 minutes or so. It's very close.

:thumbsup2

We just returned last night from an 8 day trip and were in the same area. We had rooms 1520 and my daughter and sil were in 1518. They were connecting rooms with 2 queen beds and both had new couches that turned into day beds. I was surprised we both got rooms with day beds since it was just 2 of us in each room. Hotels and parks were so crowded this past week. I meant to take pics of the couch pulled out before I left but forgot. I loved the new rooms, the location, but did not care for the first floor. We really had no view to speak of since it was on the walk way down by the secret entrance. We did love using the secret entrance!!!!

This trip was the most crowded I have ever seen Disney. First week of F&W was crazy crowded and HOT! Some of the booths had 1/2 hour waits.
My daughter and I went to the Halloween party on Sunday night and it also was more crowded than I've ever seen it. We still loved it and it is our
favorite party and parade.

Hi there neighbor! We were next to the laundry in room 1532. The room was great, except being on the first floor wasn't our thing. I felt like I wanted the curtains closed because people would all by and, naturally, look in. It was, however, quiet, clean, and near the secret EPCOT door making it perfect for quick trips over. Sorry we missed seeing each other!
Mary

Yes, the boat to EPCOT stops at the Boardwalk after YC/BC.

Crab legs were plentiful and so good! So were the clams, mussels and shrimp. We all thought the marinated shrimp were too much in the Old Bay seasoning, but everything else was delicious.

We are FINALLY going to Yacht club - found a great deal and its on our bucket list of WDW resorts! Jan 4-12 - my daughter and I! Super excited! HOping for nice warm weather to enjoy the pool!

I'm sure this answer is in here if I had the patience to read all the pages :) but hoping someone won't mind answering again. How long would you say the walk is from BC to France in the am? Wondering if walking there to grab breakfast in the am (I think I read that you can do that before the park is officially open?) is doable. Tips? Thanks!

I'm sure this answer is in here if I had the patience to read all the pages :) but hoping someone won't mind answering again. How long would you say the walk is from BC to France in the am? Wondering if walking there to grab breakfast in the am (I think I read that you can do that before the park is officially open?) is doable. Tips? Thanks!

:welcome: to this thread!

When is your BC trip? The Halloween trip, the Christmas trip or both?

:cool1:

I would estimate 15 minutes from BC to France, but it depends on where in the BC you are starting and how fast you walk.

At a moderate walking pace, it takes about 5-7 minutes from the BC lobby to the International Gateway. Add another couple of minutes for bag check and turnstile entry (again, timing depends on how long the lines are, if any) and then about 5 minutes to France.

:thumbsup2

Natebenma- thank you thank you! :) Lurked here for awhile, so much amazing info! The Halloween trip is just a one-nighter that a friend and I are doing before a work meeting in Orlando, how lucky are we! That's at POFQ. The Christmas trip is a family trip and that's when we will be at BC. Thanks so much for the info, 15 min is totally doable! Am I correct that I could walk to France for breakfast before Epcot is officially open? I can see myself doing that and bringing it back for my kids. What a lovely start to the morning that would be!

We arrived home last night from 7 days at the BC CL, room 7520. The room was far from the lounge, but we didn't mind
that. When we checked in therewas a ton of travel agents checking in at the same time. So we were not sat down at the desk for check in but sat in the lounge with our welcome drinks. I have to admit we are disappointed as this was or Third stay on the club floor and didn't feel the love we had experienced before. Our room was ready and it was nice as usual with a full balcony. The club offerings were very nice and we were so glad to see meats added to the breakfast. One cm in particular Basilla is our favorite person up there and goes out of your way to make you feel special and our baby loves her. Most of the CMs were super nice with the exception of one up there who had a bad attitude and didn't seem eager to help when you needed something. I won't bore you guys with the details but we will not be returning to CL there because of him. We enjoyed our visit with Teena last Sunday and hope she enjoys our little gift. Also the Ym Steakhouse was out of this world good and was happy to return back. Next time we are going to try the YC for something new :)

Shameless Plug...

Do you know what is more fun than a barrel of monkeys?

The Orange Banded Monkeys trip report (link in my signature).

Latest installment is up, where the monkeys wreak havoc at the Yacht Club- not really- but check it out anyway!

:banana::banana::banana:

I'm sitting on the back of the plane waiting for the rest of the unwashed masses to board this very full flight to Houston. I don't want to go home to the real world. I hate the real world.

We just finished our Beach Club stay in room 2551, second floor pool/lagoon view category. This room has a full balcony, but no lagoon view, unfortunately. I will post some pics when I get back to my computer. My phone doesn't like the file size. The room looks our directly at the "quiet" pool. "Quiet" is a relative term in WDW.

We loved the resort location, we loved the pool and the beach. Our beds were comfy and the room was spacious. Mousekeeping did a great job.

We didn't love the non-existent soundproofing, (both inside and outside), and the bus service was so atrocious that for three of four days we just gave up and took taxis. To be fair, that isn't just a BC/YC issue, though. The busses are a problem everywhere on property. We also didn't care much for the Marketplace, as a gift shop or an eatery. We spent a lot of time across the lagoon at the Boardwalk.

Food and Wine was an absolute mob scene every day this week, to the point that it wasn't fun after 12:00pm and before 8:00pm. If you are going I suggest being there before 11am or go in the hour before closing and hit the booths in the very back. The line in France was appalling all day and night though, it never got better.

We would absolutely stay at the BC again, but I don't know that I would upgrade the view again. Next time I think I'd rather request a 1st floor, garden/woods view on the far side next to EPCOT, and be just steps away from the IG. Quiet and convenience.

Crostorfer:
We just got back last night and find the bus service to be very good. It must be a timing issue? We never waited long. One time, the Boardwalk bus was waiting at AK, so we just hopped on and walked to BC. Our room was very quiet too. There was a baby in the room next to us and we occasionally heard her crying, but not a big deal.

We were in a first floor room, near EPCOT. If noise bothers you, I would not request first floor. People walk by on their way home and can be loud.

Crostorfer, Thanks for posting your review. Last day of vaca is never fun,returning home getting back to "reality'. Thanks for your comments about F&W.:goodvibes Our weekday plan is arriving by 10:30 am staying till about 2, relaxing for some resort time, then going back around 7. Hope you had a GREAT time!:cheer2:

I'm sitting on the back of the plane waiting for the rest of the unwashed masses to board this very full flight to Houston. I don't want to go home to the real world. I hate the real world.

We just finished our Beach Club stay in room 2551, second floor pool/lagoon view category. This room has a full balcony, but no lagoon view, unfortunately. I will post some pics when I get back to my computer. My phone doesn't like the file size. The room looks our directly at the "quiet" pool. "Quiet" is a relative term in WDW.

We loved the resort location, we loved the pool and the beach. Our beds were comfy and the room was spacious. Mousekeeping did a great job.

We didn't love the non-existent soundproofing, (both inside and outside), and the bus service was so atrocious that for three of four days we just gave up and took taxis. To be fair, that isn't just a BC/YC issue, though. The busses are a problem everywhere on property. We also didn't care much for the Marketplace, as a gift shop or an eatery. We spent a lot of time across the lagoon at the Boardwalk.

Food and Wine was an absolute mob scene every day this week, to the point that it wasn't fun after 12:00pm and before 8:00pm. If you are going I suggest being there before 11am or go in the hour before closing and hit the booths in the very back. The line in France was appalling all day and night though, it never got better.

We would absolutely stay at the BC again, but I don't know that I would upgrade the view again. Next time I think I'd rather request a 1st floor, garden/woods view on the far side next to EPCOT, and be just steps away from the IG. Quiet and convenience.

We were there the same time as you and also found F&W to be crowded beyond our wildest expectations. The only day that was manageable was Tuesday. We still managed to get snacks and beverages from all but 4 of the booths. I think the heat bothered me more than the crowds tho.
This was our 5th visit to F&W and will most likely change our time of year when we visit. We are thinking of visiting during the Flower and Garden
Festival instead.

Regarding the busses, it must be a timing thing because we had no problems whatsoever with the busses. They came on a timely manner and always had a seat. One morning my daughter and I were going to MK and the bus was ready to leave and we were going to wait for the next bus but the CM told us it would be at least 20 minutes for the next bus to arrive and suggested we ride the one there so we did and stood for the ride which was not a
problem.

We had great housekeeping service also. And one afternoon I had a knock on our door and a manager was there saying he was checking on how our housekeeping service was and if our room needed anything. I told him housekeeping was great but the fan in our bathroom was not working. By the time we got back from dinner, it had been fixed.

We had a great vacation and am looking forward to trying another season at the WDW.

Natebenma- thank you thank you! :) Lurked here for awhile, so much amazing info! The Halloween trip is just a one-nighter that a friend and I are doing before a work meeting in Orlando, how lucky are we! That's at POFQ. The Christmas trip is a family trip and that's when we will be at BC. Thanks so much for the info, 15 min is totally doable! Am I correct that I could walk to France for breakfast before Epcot is officially open? I can see myself doing that and bringing it back for my kids. What a lovely start to the morning that would be!

You can get into France at 9am for breakfast. We did that 2 morning during our vacation and enjoyed it. Hardly anyone else was there!:thumbsup2

Have any of you used touring plans room finder fax for your request? If so did you get your request?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter