Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Crostorfer:
We just got back last night and find the bus service to be very good. It must be a timing issue? We never waited long. One time, the Boardwalk bus was waiting at AK, so we just hopped on and walked to BC. Our room was very quiet too. There was a baby in the room next to us and we occasionally heard her crying, but not a big deal.

We were in a first floor room, near EPCOT. If noise bothers you, I would not request first floor. People walk by on their way home and can be loud.

Indeed. And a pro tip, if noise is a concern, always request a top floor, non-connecting room. The sound is much louder through connecting room doors that walls, and ever since I had a room of kids above me that sounded like they were bowling on the floor every night I've always requested and gotten (luckily) a top floor room.

To clarify further- Epcot opens at 9AM. You can not enter before that to go to the bakery

:rotfl:And to clarify even a bit further: Future World opens at 9am; The showcase opens at 11am; You can enter France at 9am to get breakfast but cannot go any further into worldshowcase and nothing else is open in France other than the bakery :wave:

We were able to enter into Epcot before 9am and were held just before the bridge into France and at 9am the CM took the rope down and let us pass!

Last edited:
:rotfl:And to clarify even a bit further: Future World opens at 9am; The showcase opens at 11am; You can enter France at 9am to get breakfast but cannot go any further into future world and nothing else is open in France other than the bakery :wave:

We were able to enter into Epcot before 9am and were held just before the bridge into France and at 9am the CM took the rope down and let us pass!

We did this one day too! We love Les Halles and enjoyed the breakfast theee very much. Plus, they have an espresso machine which was wonderful after a few days of Disney "coffee."

Natebenma- thank you thank you! :) Lurked here for awhile, so much amazing info! The Halloween trip is just a one-nighter that a friend and I are doing before a work meeting in Orlando, how lucky are we! That's at POFQ. The Christmas trip is a family trip and that's when we will be at BC. Thanks so much for the info, 15 min is totally doable! Am I correct that I could walk to France for breakfast before Epcot is officially open? I can see myself doing that and bringing it back for my kids. What a lovely start to the morning that would be!
Yes, we do the walk to France for breakfast from the YC at least one morning during our stay. It's like a hidden gem. Totally doable. Enjoy.

Dannek:
Are top floor rooms Club Level?

Sorry for my delayed response. I was away from my computer for a bit.
As far as I know, the top floor above the main lobby area is Club Level only, as you need to scan your magic band in the elevator to go up to the top (5th) floor, and if you aren't staying club level it doesn't work.

As for the "wings" of the building that are farther away from the lobby, the top floor (4th) has regular rooms. I've asked for top floor when I've had a garden view room several times and each time I got a room on the 4th floor with no rooms above me. I also ask for a non-connecting room as I find them quieter without the connecting room door. I just got back from a 10 day trip this week and was granted both of my requests, fwiw.

Does anyone use Periscope? I have friends in Epcot right now and they keep going live. It's great fun to watch.

page 274-277

I was surprised to see bus service from the BC to Epcot. I actually went up to the driver and asked if he truly was going to Epcot and he said yes and asked if I wanted to go there. He told me his route was Typhoon Lagoon and Epcot. :confused3 We saw that bus a few times during our trip.

That is strange. So was the bus going from BC to EPCOT to TL? Or BC to TL to EPCOT?

I haven't been to a waterpark in a few years, but did they change the transportation to the waterparks recently? I thought I read something, but I obviously did not pay much attention.

:sad2:

We just returned last night from an 8 day trip and were in the same area. We had rooms 1520 and my daughter and sil were in 1518. They were connecting rooms with 2 queen beds and both had new couches that turned into day beds. I was surprised we both got rooms with day beds since it was just 2 of us in each room. Hotels and parks were so crowded this past week. I meant to take pics of the couch pulled out before I left but forgot. I loved the new rooms, the location, but did not care for the first floor. We really had no view to speak of since it was on the walk way down by the secret entrance. We did love using the secret entrance!!!!

This trip was the most crowded I have ever seen Disney. First week of F&W was crazy crowded and HOT! Some of the booths had 1/2 hour waits.
My daughter and I went to the Halloween party on Sunday night and it also was more crowded than I've ever seen it. We still loved it and it is our
favorite party and parade.

Thanks for your review. Wow, surprised to hear about the crowds this time of year. Glad you still had a great trip.

:thumbsup2

Catching up after 8 days at YC... it was such a wonderful, magical trip overall! I'll post some room photos later. We had technically a garden view, Room 4095, but it seemed more like a water view - lovely view of the wedding gazebo, dock, and lagoon. We had beautiful sunrises the first few mornings. And we had a great view of the higher fireworks from IllumiNations! I didn't want to leave.

*snip*

Thanks so much for your very thorough review. Sorry to hear about the checkin problem for your friends. What a pain!

May I add a link to review to the trip report section on Page 1 of this thread?

:goodvibes:

We are FINALLY going to Yacht club - found a great deal and its on our bucket list of WDW resorts! Jan 4-12 - my daughter and I! Super excited! HOping for nice warm weather to enjoy the pool!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

We arrived home last night from 7 days at the BC CL, room 7520.

*snip*

Thanks for providing your thoughts about your stay.

I'm sitting on the back of the plane waiting for the rest of the unwashed masses to board this very full flight to Houston. I don't want to go home to the real world. I hate the real world.

*snip*

Thank you for your review.

Yeah, the real world has some issues! That's why I spend so much time hanging out here!

:lmao:

We will be returning to the Beach Club Aug 24-31, 2016. We are so excited to be back!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

We were there the same time as you and also found F&W to be crowded beyond our wildest expectations.

*snip*

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

UGH on another report about the crowds for F&W. I'll be curious to hear if that trend continues until the end of the month. We are seriously considering coming for F&W and MNSSHP in late October next year to celebrate our 30th anniversary.

:goodvibes

Have any of you used touring plans room finder fax for your request? If so did you get your request?

I'm not familiar with this so excuse me if this is a dumb question, but are you referring to an actual fax to the resort for a room request? My understanding is that the resort does not really pay attention to faxed requests, just the ones that are called in to the Central Reservations Office or are made through online checkin.

page 274-277

That is strange. So was the bus going from BC to EPCOT to TL? Or BC to TL to EPCOT?

I haven't been to a waterpark in a few years, but did they change the transportation to the waterparks recently? I thought I read something, but I obviously did not pay much attention.

:sad2:

I was so surprised to see the bus sign say Epcot I had to ask the driver if he was indeed going to Epcot or if it was a mistake. He told me he was
going to Epcot. I don't remember the exact route he told me only that it was a waterpark (and I believe TL) Epcot and YC/BC.

Thanks for your review. Wow, surprised to hear about the crowds this time of year. Glad you still had a great trip.

My dd and sil have a friend who lives in Celebration and he is going to see how the crowds go for the rest of the month. He was thinking it was
so crowded because it was the first week. In the 5 years we have been going to F&W, it has never been this crowded.
If the crowds are less later in the month, we will probably go later in October/early November next
year, if we go during F&W. I will say every year we have been the end of September, it is still very very hot. Another reason I want to move
our trip to later in the year.

I really wish I was going to be there to greet you again but the plan is that I will be moving to Vegas to live with Jeanne and Lily. We are shooting for the beginning of August 2016. Definitely not what I had planned to do, but life doesn't always go the way we want.

@TeenaS I am so, so sorry I missed the news of Bob's passing. :sad1: Bless your heart I am just so incredibly sorry for your loss. Dee sent me the beautiful tribute you posted and it really moved me, I could feel the love shining through. I'm sending you a huge hug and all my thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry I haven't been here on this thread in so long, I'm going to come over to the BC and look for you at the end of this month when I'm back down in WDW. :rose::rose::rose:

Last edited:
Are deals out for the rest of 2016 now? I just emailed my agent after the Labor Day deals were announced and she told me the rest of 2016 wasn't coming out until later in October. I'm looking for a June deal.
My TA was able to start quoting today, but they are not bookable yet.

I'm not familiar with this so excuse me if this is a dumb question, but are you referring to an actual fax to the resort for a room request? My understanding is that the resort does not really pay attention to faxed requests, just the ones that are called in to the Central Reservations Office or are made through online checkin.

Yes natebenma the fax to the resort for room request from touring plans.

Yes, Common knowledge has been that resorts don't accept faxes. Maybe they don't from the general public. But Touring Plans has something different somehow. Their faxes are read and taken in to consideration. Do they worl 100%, no. But they do work. We used the service at Poly in Aug and got the exact room on the list from TP. No way was it coincidence. We got the exact floor, exact building, exact bed configuration, exact side of building. That info made it to them only via the fax request.

Last edited:
Yes, Common knowledge has been that resorts don't accept faxes. Maybe they don't from the general public. But Touring Plans has something different somehow. Their faxes are read and taken in to consideration. Do they worl 100%, no. But they do work. We used the service at Poly in Aug and got the exact room on the list from TP. No way was it coincidence. We got the exact floor, exact building, exact bed configuration, exact side of building. That info made it to them only via the fax request.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Has anyone tried to use the touring plans fax finder at the Yacht & Beach resort? Was it successful?

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Has anyone tried to use the touring plans fax finder at the Yacht & Beach resort? Was it successful?

We are arriving at the Beach Club on Friday and I am using Touring Plans so I will let you know if I got my request! They send the request with the wording "Bldg 1,Flr 4,NW-facing room.Exmple:4583,4585,4581,4579,4577,4575,4573,4571,4567"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter