Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Don't know that it matters, but you've got me on the list twice. :) I'm staying at BCV June 6-12, 2016, followed by 6 nights at BLT. Thanks for all that you do! This thread is soooo helpful.

Thanks for the kind words and for letting me know! That's why I ask everyone to take a peek. I'll make the change next time I update.

:goodvibes:

Do the busses share with BW and Swan/Dolphin as well?

We just returned last night from an 8 day stay at the BC. We had no problem with the busses. We shared only with the Yacht Club and the YC was picked up and dropped off first. We took the busses to AK, Disney Springs, MK (numerous times) and busses and seats were a plenty!! My husband and I had no problem at all with the bus to/from Disney Springs.

I was surprised to see bus service from the BC to Epcot. I actually went up to the driver and asked if he truly was going to Epcot and he said yes and asked if I wanted to go there. He told me his route was Typhoon Lagoon and Epcot. :confused3 We saw that bus a few times during our trip.

We are here now. Saw Teena this afternoon! BC has been great. We are on the EPCOT side on the first floor. Not loving the first floor, but the room is nice.

We had a rough start to our trip, though. Got some bad news from a family member. Older sister lost her job on Friday. Boo! Then my sweet 13 year old (the nutty professor) lost her new iPhone somewhere between the plane and rental car. She was distraught, we are upset with her not being more careful and I feel like a moron for not getting the insurance on it. It's disabled and reported lost/stolen, so it's useless to anyone. Not the way to start a trip.

Anyway, we are having a fun time. More later!

We just returned last night from an 8 day trip and were in the same area. We had rooms 1520 and my daughter and sil were in 1518. They were connecting rooms with 2 queen beds and both had new couches that turned into day beds. I was surprised we both got rooms with day beds since it was just 2 of us in each room. Hotels and parks were so crowded this past week. I meant to take pics of the couch pulled out before I left but forgot. I loved the new rooms, the location, but did not care for the first floor. We really had no view to speak of since it was on the walk way down by the secret entrance. We did love using the secret entrance!!!!

This trip was the most crowded I have ever seen Disney. First week of F&W was crazy crowded and HOT! Some of the booths had 1/2 hour waits.
My daughter and I went to the Halloween party on Sunday night and it also was more crowded than I've ever seen it. We still loved it and it is our
favorite party and parade.

Last edited:
Just getting caught up! Whew, going back to work is exhausting after having the summer off!!

It is October already!!!

I'll get the activities calendar as soon as I can. Busy most of the day volunteering at the high school library then off to work for a preschool farm friends program
And it's Thanksgiving next weekend for us In Canada :faint: where does the time go?

You can always ask for additional pods from the Mousekeeping staff. They'll gladly give you a few more.
As for the sulfur water FL calls tap water, bring a water bottle with a built in filter, like a Britta or Bobble. Use that to fill the pot with water from the tap. Nasty aftertaste problem solved.

I wonder if it's worth a phone call for me.
I noticed that after I added our ME info on our arrival resort I can't make any changes to ours. I got the "call..... " message instead. On our departing resort, where I haven't added our ME info, I can make the change. This is the first trip I've noticed adding ME changed that feature. I didn't know if that was by design or just a glitch. I haven't planned to cancel but I'm always looking for additional room categories so I use the change feature often. That's how my BC stay went from Woods view Standard to CL. I wouldn't bother with calling for that change but I will sure search for that online. Having that change feature made Disney some money ;)
I use the Bobble too. Works well.

I really wish I was going to be there to greet you again but the plan is that I will be moving to Vegas to live with Jeanne and Lily. We are shooting for the beginning of August 2016. Definitely not what I had planned to do, but life doesn't always go the way we want.
:hug: I'll miss you my friend. Always looked forward to our dinners together.

Are you referring to the train display? I find the whole set up very interesting. All the names, all the places, the new things added each year, the hidden Mickey's, the different things the figures are doing. I have spent some time the past few Decembers taking pictures of the detail and I really enjoy looking at those pictures even now. Last year I spent some time with one of the greeters in the lobby of the YC who had a great time explaining a lot of the detail and stories behind the names. It really is a work of love for the individual who sets it up every year. I really hope he is able to continue doing it.
Katesdad

Yes. Maybe I find it boring because it has been in the YC lobby for years. I just think that they should change things every once and a while for all us people who visit the YC year after year. Maybe rotate things from year to year, maybe then I would find it more interesting. I know there is a lot of work involved in setting everything up but basically its the same thing.

Teena you will be missed but you are always part of BC for me :) :hug:

So I'm booked Poly CL in July under a truly magical deal, however I still plan on hanging here if that's okay with my SAB peeps :) I'll try not to change, never guaranteed though lol

Teena you will be missed but you are always part of BC for me :) :hug:

So I'm booked Poly CL in July under a truly magical deal, however I still plan on hanging here if that's okay with my SAB peeps :) I'll try not to change, never guaranteed though lol
Where did you get your magical deal if I may ask?

Where did you get your magical deal if I may ask?
It is one of the agencies which cannot be named on DISboards, but you can find them via google for Labor Day Agency exclusive. We did the Labor Day deal last year for BC CL. For July, it is a specific week and only the Poly (GV and CL) :)

It is one of the agencies which cannot be named on DISboards, but you can find them via google for Labor Day Agency exclusive. We did the Labor Day deal last year for BC CL. For July, it is a specific week and only the Poly (GV and CL) :)

Are deals out for the rest of 2016 now? I just emailed my agent after the Labor Day deals were announced and she told me the rest of 2016 wasn't coming out until later in October. I'm looking for a June deal.

Are deals out for the rest of 2016 now? I just emailed my agent after the Labor Day deals were announced and she told me the rest of 2016 wasn't coming out until later in October. I'm looking for a June deal.
Not yet as far as I know, I am also eager to see Spring offers as maybe I can squeeze a F&G BC stay :)

Ok I thought they were not coming out until later this month.

Spring, at least through the last week in April, are out with the magical folks. Got a great deal - alas, not at a Deluxe, but the next best thing for me, POFQ. Whew...three trips in 7 months....I must be crazy!:D
What discount did you get for it?

Hard to compare since I'm switching my PH pass at my next trip this month to an AP pass...but when I compared to the Disney site, for 4 people, two rooms, DDP and PH passes, it looked liked a savings of about $1100. Don't quote me on that, cause it's kind of like apples and oranges. But send them a request, and I'm sure they will send you a quote quickly.
Ok thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter