Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was curious about recent experiences with dogs at Yacht Club. I did a search but couldn't find info since 2018. How prevalent are dogs at Yacht Club? What rooms are designated as dog rooms, and will Disney accommodate requests not to be near that section? My son has an allergy and we also don't want to deal with the noise from dogs.

Not looking to debate the policy just looking to understand the impact of that at Yacht Club.

I was curious about recent experiences with dogs at Yacht Club. I did a search but couldn't find info since 2018. How prevalent are dogs at Yacht Club? What rooms are designated as dog rooms, and will Disney accommodate requests not to be near that section? My son has an allergy and we also don't want to deal with the noise from dogs.

Not looking to debate the policy just looking to understand the impact of that at Yacht Club.
If you were to try to read through this entire thread, you'd see varying answers. Most people say the dogs aren't a problem, they didn't see or hear any while visiting or staying at Yacht Club. Other people report snarling dogs, barking dogs, and being disturbed both around the resort and while in their rooms. It's my understanding that dogs are only supposed to be in a certain section of the first floor but posters have occasionally reported otherwise. You can ask for a deep cleaning of your room prior to arrival for allergies. You can also ask not to be located in a room near the designated area, but I don't know how that works if those are the only rooms available. I'm sure someone will point out that any room at any resort could have a service dog in it during or prior to your stay.
Yacht Club used to be our favorite resort but we've avoided staying there since the dog policy was changed. I just can't bring myself to take a chance, although I constantly debate it. The last time that we visited the resort to eat at Ale and Compass there was a dog sitting on a sofa in the lobby and we saw another dog being walked by the lighthouse/boat dock. It was on a leash but it did it's business right on the walkway and the owner did not clean it up.

Hi! Long time disney traveler but first time staying at yacht and beach. We usually stay at the Polynesian as of recently but couldn’t get a room there. We booked at beach club at first and now switched to yacht club only because of the bathroom setup (the door the separates the sinks from the rest of the room). We wash the kids cups and stuff like that and prepare things for the next day in there while they sleep. But the more I’m reading people are saying that yacht club isn’t as kid friendly. We wanted to be closer to Epcot too.

so questions really are should we switch back to beach club ? Are the rooms not as updated or nice? Is yacht club not as kid friendly? We have a 1 and 4 year old. We love the idea of a balcony too. We like being close to food and easy access to get where we are going quickly.

Obviously highly variable/moment in time experiences, but I feel like I’ve seen more dogs on my last two trips (fall 2020 and last week) than prior trips. I wouldn’t say I saw a lot of dogs, just from time to time, but it was daily. It still always catches me off guard to see someone walking with their dog right through the lobby like it’s no big deal.

While they are hard to totally avoid, it’s still a pretty minor part of a YC stay, in my experience.

Obviously highly variable/moment in time experiences, but I feel like I’ve seen more dogs on my last two trips (fall 2020 and last week) than prior trips. I wouldn’t say I saw a lot of dogs, just from time to time, but it was daily. It still always catches me off guard to see someone walking with their dog right through the lobby like it’s no big deal.

While they are hard to totally avoid, it’s still a pretty minor part of a YC stay, in my experience.
Yeah I don't necessarily need to avoid them 100%, just don't want them keeping us awake or having a room where dogs have been, and would prefer to avoid dog droppings.

Hi! Long time disney traveler but first time staying at yacht and beach. We usually stay at the Polynesian as of recently but couldn’t get a room there. We booked at beach club at first and now switched to yacht club only because of the bathroom setup (the door the separates the sinks from the rest of the room). We wash the kids cups and stuff like that and prepare things for the next day in there while they sleep. But the more I’m reading people are saying that yacht club isn’t as kid friendly. We wanted to be closer to Epcot too.

so questions really are should we switch back to beach club ? Are the rooms not as updated or nice? Is yacht club not as kid friendly? We have a 1 and 4 year old. We love the idea of a balcony too. We like being close to food and easy access to get where we are going quickly.
I love both. I think both are pretty kid friendly, and you see kids at both, BC just has a slightly more casual vibe. I wouldn't worry too much about it, they are both great resorts and share a lot of amenities.

So we finally got our room requests--I was only on hold for 2 hours :rolleyes1 Question--why in the world doesn't Disney have an online option for room requests? I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I must've missed it :confused3

Edit to correct--we finally got to make our room requests, as the kind CM told me, nothing is guaranteed :drinking:
There is an online option in the MyDisneyExperience. You can put your preference in when you do online check-in. I didn't do it for the Beach Club, but I did for the Polynesian and got my request.

I personally don’t think YC not being kid friendly is accurate. My kids are 11 and 6 at the moment and YC is a frequent destination - we prefer it over BC for many of the reasons you mention. Reading the details of your post, it says YC to me.

We’ve stayed at both yacht & beach many times with our kids (2&5). They are both equally kid friendly! The sliding door separating the bathroom area at yacht is a really nice feature, we even put our daughters crib in there one visit 🤣 our trip to beach club last month we really missed that door as the toilet flushing was SO loud when kids were asleep. I also preferred the hardwood floors in yacht over the carpet in beach rooms. Yacht is closer to the shallow sandbar pool area my kids love, beach is closer to water slide but honestly that’s splitting hairs. I would look at the marketplace menus for both as my kids preferred the lunch options at yacht so I ended up walking over there daily for grilled cheese. The resorts are very close & walking from one to the other is really not a problem, even in the rain, the few steps that are outside are covered.

There is an online option in the MyDisneyExperience. You can put your preference in when you do online check-in. I didn't do it for the Beach Club, but I did for the Polynesian and got my request.
[/QUOTE
Either we didn't see it, or someone mentioned it and it didn't register. Oh well, I didn't have anything better to do that day :stir: So who are all the people jamming the phone lines :badpc:

I personally don’t think YC not being kid friendly is accurate. My kids are 11 and 6 at the moment and YC is a frequent destination - we prefer it over BC for many of the reasons you mention. Reading the details of your post, it says YC to me.
I've always heard that BC was more family friendly, but I think kids enjoy YC too. YC seems a tad less hectic to me, but that's my opinion popcorn::

Yeah I don't necessarily need to avoid them 100%, just don't want them keeping us awake or having a room where dogs have been, and would prefer to avoid dog droppings.

In terms of a room where a dog has been, service animals are permitted in ANY room, not just "pet-friendly" rooms as they are not pets. So if being in a room where one was is an issue, you need to request an allergy clean at ANY hotel you stay in as any room could have just had a service dog in it.

I assume this has been asked and answered somewhere in the 1900 pages of this thread (lol) but can anyone tell me if there is laundry detergent in the suites that have a washer/dryer?

I assume this has been asked and answered somewhere in the 1900 pages of this thread (lol) but can anyone tell me if there is laundry detergent in the suites that have a washer/dryer?

If you are asking about actual "suites" at Yacht Club Resort or Beach Club resort: I don't know. I didn't even know they had washer/dryers.

If you are asking about Beach Club Villas:
Studios do not have washers/dryers.
One-bedroom and two-bedroom villas do have washers and dryers.

Here is a thread about laundry detergent in the DVC villas (with my usual reminder that you can click on a link even if it appears that it is still loading):
https://www.disboards.com/threads/laundry-detergent-rr-2br-lock-off.3844035/#post-63166831

We have stayed at the YC and have seen dogs on several different floors. You can request an allergy clean before you check in along with a request to be away from any rooms that have dogs. :)

The one and two bedroom villas have washers and dryers. There is one box of laundry detergent in the villa. I usually bring a few laundry pods when I travel, just in case. :)

If you are asking about actual "suites" at Yacht Club Resort or Beach Club resort: I don't know. I didn't even know they had washer/dryers.

If you are asking about Beach Club Villas:
Studios do not have washers/dryers.
One-bedroom and two-bedroom villas do have washers and dryers.

Here is a thread about laundry detergent in the DVC villas (with my usual reminder that you can click on a link even if it appears that it is still loading):
https://www.disboards.com/threads/laundry-detergent-rr-2br-lock-off.3844035/#post-63166831

thank you! yes, we have a 2BR villa at BCV. i've never stayed DVC before so this is all new to me. thank you very much for the link (and the reminder about the loading notice. i am woefully undercaffinated this morning and it was a great help!)

I just wanted to let everyone here know that Dee’s ( Natebenma) dear husband of 35 years passed away suddenly yesterday from a heart attack. Dee asked that I let you know. She is understandably heartbroken and devastated by Mark’s death as are their 2 boys. Please keep her and all the family in your thoughts and prayers :hug:

I just wanted to let everyone here know that Dee’s ( Natebenma) dear husband of 35 years passed away suddenly yesterday from a heart attack. Dee asked that I let you know. She is understandably heartbroken and devastated by Mark’s death as are their 2 boys. Please keep her and all the family in your thoughts and prayers :hug:
I was gutted to hear about this. Dee was one of the first members of this Board I met in person at a YC stay about seven years ago. Much love to Dee and her family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter